Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Say What?! iPhone 4 Loses Reception Bars When Held by the Antenna Band?

SAY WHAT??? Here comes more blame on AT&T's network when this is clearly a hardware issue. Most patrons just aren't that smart to notice this because it drops signal. I guess this is what makes Apple and AT&T a perfect match!

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Could touching the metal cause microreflections in the signal, and is there a software method of filtering out microreflections which might be turned off? I'm not able to answer that, but I know microreflections can be an issue in docsis signaling (don't know much about cell service layer one issues)

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    Could touching the metal cause microreflections in the signal, and is there a software method of filtering out microreflections which might be turned off? I'm not able to answer that, but I know microreflections can be an issue in docsis signaling (don't know much about cell service layer one issues)
    I agree with this. I've seen this happen before in the early radio cell days.

doesn't happen to me at all, i've literally tried to hold this thing so many different ways, completely cupped it in my hand, wrapped my fingers around the entire antennae, the left and bottom side only which all still gave me full reception, my wifi didn't even go down
    two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the the universe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry guys i dont got this problem..

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear when I said I think it's an intentional flaw to get geohot to drop his exploit. Whether you agree or not I really couldn't care... Edit: The fact that I'm dropping bars in my 3GS, which I've never noticed in the past, says enough for me.
    Obviously you do care what others' think, otherwise you wouldn't continue ranting about irrelevant concerns. You need to focus on the problem at hand not about Apple's intentions. I agree this problem occurs in the 3GS as well but not as severe where you completely lose signal and end up in no service.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3gs with Ios4, signal bar drop down to one bar, and than no services, and it did that all day today.

Ok, I found out why this is happening. If you wrap a condom around the outer edge, the firmware does not recongize the touch sensitive outer band.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Obviously you do care what others' think, otherwise you wouldn't continue ranting about irrelevant concerns. You need to focus on the problem at hand not about Apple's intentions. I agree this problem occurs in the 3GS as well but not as severe where you completely lose signal and end up in no service.
    I will focus on whatever I feel like, and if I would like to express my opinion I will do so. I'm sure a mod will advise me if I'm breaking rules by suggesting this may be a nefarious move on apples part to weed out a new exploit.

Thanks

my 3gs does it to I'm still on 3.12

So i found another ******* problem. You know when u make a call and you put the phohe to your ear the screen darkens? Well when i put the phone away from my ear it stays dark and the keypad and other stuff doesnt show and the phone just freezes. WTF is this ****!!!!!!! OMG im so ******* angry

Anyone having this issue? fuc man im gona have to go to apple for this ****
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 06-23-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets play nice guys!

Just go into the N82NP folder and modify the plist "LoseSignalOnContact
    " to ""

Works perfect

Quote Originally Posted by ish8894 View Post
    Just go into the N82NP folder and modify the plist "LoseSignalOnContact
    " to ""

Works perfect
    haha funny stuff!! Let me edit that plist right now lol
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

^^ lmao that was funny

So i found another ******* problem. You know when u make a call and you put the phohe to your ear the screen darkens? Well when i put the phone away from my ear it stays dark and the keypad and other stuff doesnt show and the phone just freezes. WTF is this ****!!!!!!! OMG im so ******* angry

Anyone having this issue? fuc man im gona have to go to apple for this ****

I just put my iphone into a silicon case...no longer getting dropping bars when holding the phone...take it out of the case and bars drop immediately when holding the phone. Is this some type of grounding issue with the aluminum, or does it matter how many silver fillings you have in your mouth ?!?! haha

I have this same exact problem with my iPhone 3GS.. Is it iOS 4? I don't recall having this issue before.

I even did some speed tests. While my 3GS is laying flay on my desk I get around 2300 KBS down. If I hold it in my hand, my bars drop and I get around 300 KBS.

Can anyone else try this with iOS 4 devices other than iPhone 4?

I just wrapped mine in tin foil. Still doesn't work.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast