+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Review - Everything You Want to Know

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The display... is so freaking awesome. It's definitely clearer then the 3GS, and it does seem snappier. And the picture quality is definitely better then I expected. I haven't done
    formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

The display... is so freaking awesome. It's definitely clearer then the 3GS, and it does seem snappier. And the picture quality is definitely better then I expected. I haven't done video yet. Eagerly awaiting the jailbreak for it. As great as the iPhone and iOS 4 is, its not complete without the jailbreak. Which was the main selling point when I switched from Verizon to at&t for the iPhone. If the iPhone wasn't able to be jailbroken I'm not sure I would have made the switched lol.

Also on a side note, hurray it's my one year anniversary and I didn't even know it. But I guess it makes sense cause I joined right around when I got my 3GS lol
    Last edited by TheGrandFinale2001; 06-26-2010 at 03:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Phone is awesome waiting on the jailbreak awesome review by the way pce

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Installing Winterboard makes my iPhone get hunged and it want start again. Now I have jb again hope for the best.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-28-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed Spam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very nice review~~ good work!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not getting one yet, waiting for second batch, known problems: discoloration in pixels, screen breaks easy, so im just staying away till they fix these problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice review, very interestging can't wait until i get mine i have the 3g

What's Jailbreak? Lovebirdparakeet's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice review thanks
    Lovebirdparakeet

I made this in photoshop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was very anxious to see and read the impressions on the i4. And hoped that Apple would bring an iPhone who could rip the other phones appart but as the wwdc was over I remained very dissapointed to this day. I am not so sure if i want to buy it anymore. I have a 3g and waited up until now to see how the iPhone would improve but this īs laughable.
    1. A4. 1 ghz. Actually not. Underclocked to 800 mhz for lesser battery drain. And it is just a normal ARM chip not anything new as stated by Apple.
    2. Multitasking. Are you kiding me? It is just for something like 7 cases where It does multitasking and even so it is a joke.
    3. Retina display. Oh yeah baby!! Very nice 960x640 incredibly clear. But to what cost to the battery. AMOLED is way better black is black and not a very dark grey as with the iPhone. 30% less battery consumption for the amoled display.
    4. Folders. Hello 12??????not a single word!!!
    iOS 4, well compared to their competition Apple has nothing new. Not software or hardware. They lost, that is it.
    The signal problem that the users reported īs very true as everybody knows but you can't fix it with a software upgrade. That is hardware. You have to hold the phone as Apple shows not as you want. We do not want customers who think for themselves, now do we? But nevertheless, after seeing it and taking It appart again and again I have to say that the only thing that still impresses me is the user friendlyness and that is it. I will install froyo 2.2 on my 3g and see what happens. I have 700 euros to spend and the 4g is not worth that much.
    I am dissapointed, very much. It is not the best phone in the world.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mugurels View Post
    I was very anxious to see and read the impressions on the i4. And hoped that Apple would bring an iPhone who could rip the other phones appart but as the wwdc was over I remained very dissapointed to this day. I am not so sure if i want to buy it anymore. I have a 3g and waited up until now to see how the iPhone would improve but this īs laughable.
    1. A4. 1 ghz. Actually not. Underclocked to 800 mhz for lesser battery drain. And it is just a normal ARM chip not anything new as stated by Apple.
    2. Multitasking. Are you kiding me? It is just for something like 7 cases where It does multitasking and even so it is a joke.
    3. Retina display. Oh yeah baby!! Very nice 960x640 incredibly clear. But to what cost to the battery. AMOLED is way better black is black and not a very dark grey as with the iPhone. 30% less battery consumption for the amoled display.
    4. Folders. Hello 12??????not a single word!!!
    iOS 4, well compared to their competition Apple has nothing new. Not software or hardware. They lost, that is it.
    The signal problem that the users reported īs very true as everybody knows but you can't fix it with a software upgrade. That is hardware. You have to hold the phone as Apple shows not as you want. We do not want customers who think for themselves, now do we? But nevertheless, after seeing it and taking It appart again and again I have to say that the only thing that still impresses me is the user friendlyness and that is it. I will install froyo 2.2 on my 3g and see what happens. I have 700 euros to spend and the 4g is not worth that much.
    I am dissapointed, very much. It is not the best phone in the world.
    1) it's plennttyy fast enough and compared to your 3g you will think it's flying
    2) you can multitask every app, just some don't do anything because the developers made it that way, but most of the apps you would WANT to multitask, can
    3) Well, the display is THE BEST I have ever seen on a cell phone. EVER. Plus, like you said they underclocked that A4 chip to save battery so, what's wrong with using some here (side note: the battery lasted since I got the phone Thursday to Sunday without being charged, and with a lott more use than normal because I was playing with it so battery is AWESOME)
    4)i don't know what hello 12 means but folders are actually quite nice... i simplified 3 pages of apps I don't use to one half of a page
    the signal problem isn't necessarily a problem... probably 90% of cell phone users hold the phone in their right hand while using it, and apple wasn't going to design a phone for the other 9 % of people who don't or the 1% who are @$$ holes and just want to criticize every move apple takes...it was a business choice, and a fairly well thought out one....if they had put the antennae on the back of the phone then no matter how you held it it wouldn't get signal....
    but your right that the user friendliness is amazing
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wished Apple would have made It possible more not just 12 apps in one folder to have. The thing is that they brag about their A4 for no reason. I am an Apple fan and customer but this phone is not worth arguing and comparing to phones that for a long time had the features that apple presents today with iPhone 4. As far as speed goes well the 3gs and 4 are a lot faster than mine but i did not buy a 3gs hoping that next year(now) Apple will come with something more innovative and powerfull. Until now i never posted, praised or critized Apple and mr. Jobs but I think that this phone īs seen as much more than It actually is.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^ to each their own.... I can see what your saying even though I don't agree...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol. cant wait for my own, lukily saved enaf, hope da price is undastandable though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Great review! HOWEVER I still have a question... :(
    Great review! HOWEVER I still have a question...

I don't have AT&T and I don't plan on it either, so if I bought the iPhone 4(not activating it), could it still be functional? I plan on using it for a replacement iPod .. so yeah, go to the store by the phone, not activate it, still have all the features(minus calling ofcourse), and still work and not be disabled or something??

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

IPHONE 4 IS THE BEST IPHONE LOOK EVER, ALL THE OTHER MODELS DONT COMPARE IN LOOKS, AND PERFORMANCE... LOL ITS BASICALLY A 44G PHONE(NO I DONT MEAN 4TH GEN I MEAN AS IN NETOWRK) ALL IT NEEDS IS FOR ATT TO UPDATE THEIR SHlT TO 4G CUZ IM PRETTY SURE THE IPHONE WOULD SUPPORT THE SPEEDS.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds very cool and all. Can't wait to buy my wife one, or buy myself one and give her my old 3gS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well....

I just been for my upgrade , sorry guys but i didnt like it.

I much prefer'd the old case style , this new style seems a backward step , definetly wouldnt survive a drop.

It was just to me a increment upgrade like 3g to 3gs , same old boring menu etc.

Sad to say i tried a Desire as well and well that blew it away so ive now moved away from iphone , feels weird but tbh i much prefer it 100 times over , well at the moment.

I found it to be very underwhelming but im sure youll love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to Apple store in Nashville on Friday. They claimed to had just "sold out" so I put in a reservation online. Anybody know how long it will be before my iPhone 4 comes in?? Someone in Alabama told me the store there has them in stock.

Guess this is what I get for not pre-ordering.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks

Thanks APPLE and F*** you T-Mobile Germany. Can't wait to fly over to the UK on a Business trip in August and get my hands on a Sim-Free-Full-Warranty-Purchased-in-an-Apple-Store-iPhone-4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looking forward to getting mine. Nice writeup

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    I went to Apple store in Nashville on Friday. They claimed to had just "sold out" so I put in a reservation online. Anybody know how long it will be before my iPhone 4 comes in?? Someone in Alabama told me the store there has them in stock.

Guess this is what I get for not pre-ordering.
    The guy in my store seemed to think they'd get them slightly faster than ordering them on-line.

Not sure if that is true or not - I'm tempted to order a couple from the Apple website and see which comes in first...

I'm getting one for my wife and I both, and selling her 3G and my 3GS (which was just replaced by a shiny new one under warranty this evening, so it is perfect).
    Last edited by nc3g; 07-01-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nc3g View Post
    Looking forward to getting mine. Nice writeup

The guy in my store seemed to think they'd get them slightly faster than ordering them on-line.

Not sure if that is true or not - I'm tempted to order a couple from the Apple website and see which comes in first...

I'm getting one for my wife and I both, and selling her 3G and my 3GS (which was just replaced by a shiny new one under warranty this evening, so it is perfect).

I think it would be true. The stores get plenty of shipments so it could be true. There are even some stores that have stock of them now.