Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Review - Everything You Want to Know

Thanks

Nice review!

I have a new 3Gs, so I haven't bothered to order an iPhone 4 yet, but one thing has my curiosity, and I'm hoping someone might be able to find out and answer this question.

The current 4.0 jailbreak by the dev team only works with the old bootrom. The thing I wonder about, does anyone know the iPhone 4 has the same bootrom that's in the new 3Gs, or does the iPhone 4 have a whole new bootrom?

Hopefully the i4 has the same bootrom as the new 3Gs' so the dev team, Geohot, and other jailbreak creators can basically 'kill two birds with one stone'. Otherwise, if Apple added a third bootrom to the mix, it's gonna make things pretty interesting for jailbreak creators I think.
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

Great review. Can't wait for them to get through customs and up to Canada.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Even more excited. Now us Canadians play the waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
    Nice review!

I have a new 3Gs, so I haven't bothered to order an iPhone 4 yet, but one thing has my curiosity, and I'm hoping someone might be able to find out and answer this question.

The current 4.0 jailbreak by the dev team only works with the old bootrom. The thing I wonder about, does anyone know the iPhone 4 has the same bootrom that's in the new 3Gs, or does the iPhone 4 have a whole new bootrom?

Hopefully the i4 has the same bootrom as the new 3Gs' so the dev team, Geohot, and other jailbreak creators can basically 'kill two birds with one stone'. Otherwise, if Apple added a third bootrom to the mix, it's gonna make things pretty interesting for jailbreak creators I think.

Well, my modem firmware is 01.59.00
    That isn't like any other iPhone modem firmware.

Let's hope chpwn can get that vertical scrolling in-folder =]

Oh, and that "renamed" baseband makes me really...really...nervous. The 3G and 3G S stayed in correlation with each other (the 2G obviously did not because it didn't have 3G bands). I get the feeling there's more different about it than just being "renamed," and that just means breakage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (06-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Let's hope chpwn can get that vertical scrolling in-folder =]

Oh, and that "renamed" baseband makes me really...really...nervous. The 3G and 3G S stayed in correlation with each other (the 2G obviously did not because it didn't have 3G bands). I get the feeling there's more different about it than just being "renamed," and that just means breakage.
    I painfully agree. Im not an unlocker, but they way the "iPhone economy" works, I need mine unlocked for resale value

Quote Originally Posted by topless1967stang View Post
    Yep so it may take awhile for the unlock. But who knows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jltdhome's Avatar
    Thanks

I didnt know you lived in Tampa, right on, im down in Cape Coral.
    Lightning from the Sky - Thunder from the Sea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by topless1967stang View Post
    The different firmware is gonna cause more issues for creating unlocks, but my curiosity is more towards the bootrom.

If the i4 bootrom is the same bootrom that the new 3Gs has, then if they can create a jailbreak for the i4, it'll be able to jailbreak the new 3Gs too. But if apple brought out a whole new bootrom, then that causes a bigger issue.

Currently, only the older bootrom phones can be jailbroken by dev team tools. The only jailbreaks sofar that work with the 3Gs' new bootrom is Blackra1n (even though it was tethered), and Spirit (that was untethered) since it's a userland jailbreak.

If apple has introduced an entirely new bootrom, then jailbreak developers will have to come up with a solution for the 3Gs bootrom, and the i4 bootrom if it is different.

Have to remember too, phones can't be unlocked unless they are jailbroken first. I really hope the i4 has the same bootrom as the bootrom that's in the new versions of the 3Gs. That way it'll cause less headaches for jailbreak developers.

Has anyone tried to run iBoot or F0recast on their iPhone 4, to see what their bootrom is?
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

good review

iMovie just showed up on the app store, yay!

The different firmware is gonna cause more issues for creating unlocks, but my curiosity is more towards the bootrom.

If the i4 bootrom is the same bootrom that the new 3Gs has, then if they can create a jailbreak for the i4, it'll be able to jailbreak the new 3Gs too. But if apple brought out a whole new bootrom, then that causes a bigger issue.

Currently, only the older bootrom phones can be jailbroken by dev team tools. The only jailbreaks sofar that work with the 3Gs' new bootrom is Blackra1n (even though it was tethered), and Spirit (that was untethered) since it's a userland jailbreak.

If apple has introduced an entirely new bootrom, then jailbreak developers will have to come up with a solution for the 3Gs bootrom, and the i4 bootrom if it is different.

Have to remember too, phones can't be unlocked unless they are jailbroken first. I really hope the i4 has the same bootrom as the bootrom that's in the new versions of the 3Gs. That way it'll cause less headaches for jailbreak developers.

Has anyone tried to run iBoot or F0recast on their iPhone 4, to see what their bootrom is?
    The new problem now is that the baseband is new though. So looks like it will be a new game for exploits on it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

tamaysz (06-23-2010)

I love it! No issues at all.
    Last edited by 2Jaze; 06-24-2010 at 12:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

just tried f0recast and bootrom is "IC"

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

i like the new specs of iphone 4.0 , very tempting to get one . sleek and solid . Its like a sex toy for tech geeks.

I dont understand - with all the talk of previous 'photo reviews' of how they are in 'perfect lighting conditions' - why the hell didnt this review include some low light photo's?
    mod edit/links removed

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    I dont understand - with all the talk of previous 'photo reviews' of how they are in 'perfect lighting conditions' - why the hell didnt this review include some low light photo's?

Im pretty sure when Apple releases photos they've had the iPhone hooked up to some kind of tripod to keep it PERFECTLY still. I'm not one of those people who wait til my hand's statue-motionless when using a cell phone for pics, but here's a quick comparison. I woke up in my dark *** room, and without any lights on or opening any blinds, I took a pic of my Blackberry sitting on the couch.

Also to note, i emailed these to myself and chose "Large" rather than "Actual Size."

Kept my hand right where it is and put flash on Auto:

Brilliant review

I dont get it. Im reading the tweets and blogs and everyone well maybe not everyone but i think im safe to say the majority of ppl are disapointed with apples realese. Neither apple nor att are organized enough. I mean this is iphone number. 4 and ipad came out before that they all know the demand is very high and they just dont have enough resources to acomidate every customer, either site crash for preorder or some stores like orange in uk having only 14 iphone for realease? What? If there will be no murder over iphone that would be great but it seems like apple will amke 50 phones but will blow up the hype around the world. Shame on apple

Jailbreaks already out way to fail Steve jobs

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast