+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Review - Everything You Want to Know

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My main complaint was the vibrate was too soft and the speaker phone was too low, any review on those?
    Thanks

My main complaint was the vibrate was too soft and the speaker phone was too low, any review on those?

Thanks

I went almost 3 hours without my phone being activated till I read this article I had no clue I had to activate online!

I feel like a ra-tard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i mite want this over my moto droid

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I did pre order from best buy.. Well there version of pre-order: $50 down. I hope I get one the 29th, I can handle that wait, I just hope it's no later than that! I would have pre ordered at AT&T if they would have accepted a debit card with visa, or cash!! ONLY a credit card?? No
    cash? How does that make ANY since??

Thanks

I got my iPhone 4 today also...FedEx almost delivered it to the WRONG HOUSE!!! Thank goodness there was someone there to tell them they messed up!!! So i got mine all set up today and am pretty please with it...the speed of the phone is awesome...taking pictures are quicker...the flash is awesome...so is switching from the rear facing camera to the front facing one is cool...BUT i am having the singal reception problem...i dropped 1 call so far...i had better reception with my 3Gs...i hope they fix this or if it becomes a problem i'm bringing mine back into the APPLE store...if i have to do that i just may throw it back in their faces....CMON APPLE!!!! JEEZ!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love this phone..cant wait till the jailbreak comes out
    Last edited by romeoz; 06-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sweet review, Kyle, thanks.
    Can't wait to get mine! I bet it's jailbroken by then.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the speaker louder than on the 3GS?

End of July is when stock will come here

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm, I am seeing this reception bug... My video, please excuse the manual focusing issues

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The display is simply amazing! I held my 3GS next to the i4, and took some video on each. Maaaaaannnnnn, the video quality is simply amazing! As for the regular display? Just look at the friggin text, and how clear and crisp everything is.

As for the antenna issues...well my i4 seems to have 1 more bar than the 3GS had...so, so far I am happy.

Overall, this phone is simply amazing. I am excited to see what apps we will have in store with the gyro!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    i just tried it and its true hahaha they slowly start decreasing til no bars >_<

My signal is OK now. But for the first couple minutes I had a very weak signal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not my experience thus far
    I received the iPhone 4 today, activated it and synced all of my apps from my Jailbroken 3GS. I noticed a few things after playing with it a bit.

- Seemed to get quite hot. I have a case on my 3GS and not on the 4, so it's possibly just because I don't notice it as much on the 3GS? Anyone else experience this?

- The Google maps seemed to lag quite a bit in drawing the actual map. I noticed this both via 3g and Wifi.

- At one point, the iPhone completely shut down like the BSOD! I was listening to music via headphone jack, pulled the headphones out and bam! Went down like a ton of bricks. Hoping it was just a fluke. Tried to repeat it again and couldn't get it to do it.

- The background (Multitasking) apps just seem to get in the way, more than act as a true multitask capability. They seem to just pause, yet, I couldn't figure out how to get them to halt completely. In Backgrounder, I can hit the home button as normal to close the backgrounded app at any time. Couldn't figure out how to do this in iOS4. Holding the icon in the recent list and deleting it seems to just remove it from the recent list. (The doc doesn't help much ;^) )

- Folders work mostly well. Categories and other app/folder management, jailbroken apps weren't much better.

Oustside of the new OS issues I have, the new hardware features of the iPhone 4 seem to be rock solid. I will keep an eye on the perceived heat and reboot of the phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Dammit. Was loving this thing until I noticed the shrinking bars issue. Both mine (32GB) and my wife's (16GB) lose the bars when holding the phone normally. Set it down, and the bars spring back.

WTF???

Thanks

Great review Kyle! Can't wait until tomorrow morning to get my hands on my first upgrade since the first gen version from three years ago.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Hmm, I am seeing this reception bug... My video, please excuse the manual focusing issues
    I have seen this as well. Haven't dropped any calls yet, but, the reception does drop quite a bit depending on where you hold it.

Thanks

So any clue to still get the iPhone 4 without me paying $599 for mine? Can I get the iPhone through someone elses upgrade, and cut my sim card to fit? I know this is the perfect place to ask since, you know, we are trying to beat the "iSystem"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Is the speaker louder than on the 3GS?

End of July is when stock will come here

I don't have a Db meter, but at first I could swear my 3GS is louder. After much listening it seems to be the same volume, and with some full size headphones they sound the same too.

I can't make a call with my 3GS now, so I can't compare speakerphone. It seems to be the same as the 3GS.

Side by side my iPhone 4 is picking up my neighbors Wi-Fi signal stronger than my 3GS, so that looks promising.

.... I just went outside my house with my 3GS and iPhone 4 side by side. My iPhone 4 picked up 8 Wi-Fi signals, my 3GS only picked up 5. And the iPhone 4 had stronger signals on all of them.

The iPhone 4 definitely has much better Wi-Fi reception.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone Windos XP Jaibreak question
    Dear Jailbreakers,
    I wanted to know if there was an update on whether the iphone 4 jailbreak is available for the Windows platform. A list of links and instructions would be helpful...
    Thanks

Thanks
    Ahhhhhh great now cause of this great review I have to go camp out at an At&t like the rest of these fools Just kidding!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycarranza81 View Post
    Dear Jailbreakers,
    I wanted to know if there was an update on whether the iphone 4 jailbreak is available for the Windows platform. A list of links and instructions would be helpful...
    Thanks
    There is not iPhone 4 jailbreak at all yet. There is one for iOS 4.0.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast