+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Screen Defects Reported

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
wonder if this is why the white one is delayed - i bet because of this and the signal loss issue they are changing something bgr reports
...
  1. #141
    iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    wonder if this is why the white one is delayed - i bet because of this and the signal loss issue they are changing something

    bgr reports

  2. #142
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Just called Apple tech support and im getting a new iphone in 2 days. Mine doesnt have the yellow screen issue but the proximity sensor is f'ed up and when i pull the phone away from my face it doesnt light up with the screen. Whatever but at least theyre taking care of it

  3. #143
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mine has a digitizer issue as well...
    There is a 2CM horizontal stripe across my screen that it does not recognize any finger touch.
    Then get serratic in selecting stuff if you touch nearby that location...

    Oh and it does this after being on for at least 20 sec or so...

    Joy!!!

    Getting mine replaced by tomorrow.

  4. #144
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashbagman View Post
    Mine has a digitizer issue as well...
    There is a 2CM horizontal stripe across my screen that it does not recognize any finger touch.
    Then get serratic in selecting stuff if you touch nearby that location...

    Oh and it does this after being on for at least 20 sec or so...

    Joy!!!

    Getting mine replaced by tomorrow.
    mine basically stays black like when you hold it close to your face even when i pull it away. i called tech support and they are sending me a new unit. Hopefully the new one wont have any issues

  5. #145
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    mine basically stays black like when you hold it close to your face even when i pull it away. i called tech support and they are sending me a new unit. Hopefully the new one wont have any issues
    My 3g and then 3gs had this same problem! they replaced my 3g but when i got my 3gs i didnt bother to call because i think its just the phone! when i remove the phone from my face and it doesnt come on i jus wipe the sensor off and it comes on! i know 5 people with iphones that didnt have this problem but i had 3 with that problem! i think its the oil from my face honestly!

    And the yellow spots on my screen seem to have disappeared and i read on engadget that other people are reporting the same thing. something about the phones being shipped out to quick that the bonding hasnt completed!

  6. #146
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CByrdie View Post
    My 3g and then 3gs had this same problem! they replaced my 3g but when i got my 3gs i didnt bother to call because i think its just the phone! when i remove the phone from my face and it doesnt come on i jus wipe the sensor off and it comes on! i know 5 people with iphones that didnt have this problem but i had 3 with that problem! i think its the oil from my face honestly!

    And the yellow spots on my screen seem to have disappeared and i read on engadget that other people are reporting the same thing. something about the phones being shipped out to quick that the bonding hasnt completed!
    i tried wipping it and nothing Oh well ill get a new one in a few days regardless

  7. #147
    Green Apple HitNWakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Highland, MI.
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    My iPhone screen looks fine but I've had 'NO SIM' pop up 3 times now. Had to reboot. Anyone else getting this?

  8. #148
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    my replacement has already been shipped and i get it tomorrow!!

  9. #149
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have 2 of the spots on the top of my 3GS, It's not a new problem. I would have gotten it replaced at the apple store a while ago, if the closest one wasn't 30 miles away.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts