Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Screen Defects Reported

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godsrainbow1984 View Post
    I'm testing this out every way possible and I am staying at full bars throughout every time, so it seems to be doing just fine...
    That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    I always had signal issues even with my 3GS.
    Me too, all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Apple is really going downhill fast with their quality control. This is not something they need happening to them when their future seemed so bright.
    It happened to me last year, when I bouth Nokia N97 thinking about the quality... Defeat

Quote Originally Posted by beantown6171 View Post
    just saw a video, if u lay the phone down u get full bars as soon as the guy grabbed the phone touching the metal part the bars went down to nothing, i think that is why they are selling those bumber cases, just did it myself holding the phone while touching the metal the bars went down as soon as i layed it down the bars went back up
    I don't like this

Quote Originally Posted by wakka102 View Post
    I am going to pick mine up at an apple store tomorrow evening, I have a reserved spot so i should be good to go. They shouldn't dish me out a defect if I get it at the store but I'll be sure to take a look before I walk out and keep an eye out for it.
    so will I!!! I will check real close for like 5 minutes. Maybe download a flashlight app to see.

Problem with checking out your phone in a store is that the lighting in the stores are so bright it will not let you see the defects. You need to go home and hit a dark room to really check out your phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it seems like when i touch the left side the bars go down to nothing,

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    If Apple recognizes this as a defect and honors an exchange, I'd take this as a great opportunity for a new phone 6-7 months down the road. At that time, my phone has probably been dropped a few times, maybe a few scratches, that's when I'll take it in for the exchange. They'll either give me a new phone or change the display. Since the display is glued to the front pannel, bamm, new display and new front panel.
    No, this is when u drop it from a little higher distance and really test out the glass thats on the front and the back, LoL. Then send it back and have them fix whatever is broken, hehe

I have the piss stains on my screen...Gggrrrrrr...I'm on phone with apple right now

Omg i knew this outside antenna thingi is not ganna be good with singnal. Bar I don't like that

Now let say what if ur phone falls and it's damaging lil bit on antenna ?? Screwd??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same here i noticed that too

Quote Originally Posted by beantown6171 View Post
    just saw a video, if u lay the phone down u get full bars as soon as the guy grabbed the phone touching the metal part the bars went down to nothing, i think that is why they are selling those bumber cases, just did it myself holding the phone while touching the metal the bars went down as soon as i layed it down the bars went back up
    I do not have this issue with my phone..

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    One problem I'm having on both my iPhone 4 is the volume when talking to someone is super low even when volume is all the way up.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Apparently it is a bug that Apple is aware of. Check out the Walt Mossberg review, as he briefly discusses the signal dropping to "No Service" in the video but claims the antenna still works and you can make and receive calls with "No Service" showing.

Review: Apple iPhone 4 | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD
    Last edited by southfrisco; 06-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

@ beantown6171

Yes I can barely hear the other person on the other line it's freaking annoying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

@ beantown6171

Yes I can barely hear the other person on the other line it's freaking annoying.
    Same ******* thing...I'm going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Apparently it is a bug that Apple is aware of. Check out the Walt Mossberg review, as he briefly discusses the signal dropping to "No Service" in the video but claims the antenna still works and you can make and receive calls with "No Service" showing.

Review: Apple iPhone 4 | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD
    Apple was aware of a bug YET they still released the product with a known bug. Wow, this keeps looking worse after each post.

Those with the not being able to hear the other caller do u still have the protective film on the phone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

KingCane (06-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Those with the not being able to hear the other caller do u still have the protective film on the phone.
    Good question

haha!

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Genius! LOL
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

The signal problem to me seems to be with human finger contact because I'm using the iPhone 4 in the little white tray it sits on in the box and only touching the back and hands all over the white tray and no signal or 3G loss.

Edit- I think the bumpers will solve this issue.
    Last edited by DJM AutoWerkz; 06-23-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

I did with my first call (looking for a case). Then I took it off and I still had the problem.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast