Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leak or Lie? Apple Steals Your Info While AT&T Locks You In

Quote Originally Posted by RyanWS View Post
    Umm, how could Apple send something to your phone when you have a different companies SIM in?
    This all sounds very false.
    exactly what i was about to say......

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Otacon132 For This Useful Post:

RyanWS (06-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfly View Post
    We will find out soon enough.

Whoever gets a iPhone 4, jailbreak it, unlock it then call apple! Then we will know if it is true or not.
    Exactly, and then restore your phone. And if they deny your service, ask why.
    It'd be funny if they said, "Oh, we were taking information from your phone automatically."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    hosts file anyone? snore..
    He said OTA doof...

Hmmm..!! I got an OTA update from o2 UK today the minute I upgraded my 3g to legit 4.. I think I'll hold back on the 3GS for now and watch this space some more.

Thanks
    Will any Detroit Redwings fan out there let me borrow your tinfoil hat please?

this does not make sense at all
    How can ATT push OTA updates to someone that is already using another network?
    However it could work if the Phone itself checks the network or tries to connect with apple and it cannot and then locks itself out?

IF this is true, i am going to be selling my iphone 4 and going for the HTC Evo and then moving to the Droid X when it releases. This is too much BS for a cell phone that I HAVE bought with MY hard earned money to be controlled by the company WHO makes them.

I should be able to do anything with the device since i own it. Even if the dev team and GeoHot find a way around it how long will that last? I dont want to deal with iPhones anymore. Apple is trying to control every bits and pieces of the iCommunity and yet they hate Adobe Flash because it is a 'closed' environment. They are the company with the 'closed' environment. The FCC should look into this and really put an end to the Tyrant Company's dirty schemes and scandals.

If anyone wants to buy 2 Black iPhone 4's 32Gb $850 each PM ME we will do this on ebay
    Last edited by Apple.; 06-23-2010 at 04:06 PM.

MuscleNerd: "Common sense (and simple code inspection) shows that "leak" by "Alpha" about iPhone4 OTA re-locking to be silly FUD."

Yea.. go ahead and take this off the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd
    Common sense (and simple code inspection) shows that "leak" by "Alpha" about iPhone4 OTA re-locking to be silly FUD.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Weird...im 99% sure this is bogus, but weirder things have happened

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    He said OTA doof...
    Says someone who fails to realize that a cellular network is.. a network. Anything that phones home (pun intended) can always be blocked.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Says someone who fails to realize that a cellular network is.. a network. Anything that phones home (pun intended) can always be blocked.
    Which has nothing to do with your hosts file...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Simply ignore the update. Use your brain. BTW, jailbreaking is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Which has nothing to do with your hosts file...
    lol actually it has everything to do with your hosts file

when the iphone will try and communicate back you can restrict it using the hosts file

if you did not know there is a hosts file that exists on the iphone as well
    Last edited by Apple.; 06-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this doesnt seem like something that couldnt be blocked easy with a tweak in cydia if it was true. Hurray for Jailbreaking.

This story is the biggest load of rubbish I have heard in a long time.
    Not true. Not even worth reading.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Well yoy did. Otherwise how would you know.

Quote Originally Posted by mkvelidadon View Post
    JB'ing, in fact, is perfectly legal.
    Last edited by RyanWS; 06-23-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost; sorry for the messed up post.

What on earth gives you that idea? Please do not spread malicious lies and FUD.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

IF this were true and IF you read the article

He stated there was a OTA update Called 'Mandatory Updates' and will lock up your phone to the connect to iTunes screen if you refuse to update

I am not sure what you mean by OTA. If you unlock your phone and move it to T-Mobile then ATT no longer has access to it on the cellular network. Do you mean the phone has a separate Radio for OTA reception that this signal is being sent on. Or alternatively are you saying it is a keep alive signal sent from ATT and the absence of this will lock the phone? It does sound very far fetched.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast