+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFail 4 Continues: No iPhones at RS Tomorrow?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iFail 4 Continues: No iPhones at RS Tomorrow?

The hits just keep coming.

In an oddly cheery-yet-gloomy Facebook post, RadioShack has informed its customers that "we are not able to fulfill all requests for the iPhone 4 on launch day." After chirping excitedly that "The Shack can’t wait until Thursday!" the post drops the bomb on its customers who pre-ordered (or made a Customer Request in "Shack" lingo). It does make the hopeful promise that "we will receive additional inventory when supply is available," before going right on to dash those hopes by saying they "have no timing information yet." KTHX!!

A CrunchGear reader emailed John Biggs to say that a" RadioShack Store Manager just let me know that due to demand, none of the RadioShack’s were getting phones." The Facebook post notes that "select" RadioShacks "will have the iPhone 4 at launch." The post was not specific about which stores were the select stores, or how many there would even be: it could be a hundred, or it could be one or two.

The RadioShack pre-order process has been a confusing experience for a lot of customers. Soon after orders began on June 14, RadioShack began taking "Customer Requests" rather than sales orders. Receipts issued from at least one store read "this request does not reserve a specific iPhone or guarantee availability for the customer."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i posted this yesterday.... i knew about it two days ago

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Radioshacks around my area don't even know If they'll get the iPhone 4

Thanks

Yeah I called AT&T to see if they were selling any 2 days ago.
    They told me they received word they weren't selling any Iphone 4's until next Tuesday.
    That sucks because they built up all this hype.
    Now 6 more days of waiting sigh............

Green Apple
    Thanks

yep, I am one of the ones getting screwed out of the deal. I tried preordering on apple & At&t's site but they just kept having problems so I went to my local Radio Shack and they said they weren't starting it until noon. So I waited around for a couple hours and then got there right at noon and my "request" was placed 11 minutes after the requests started. I called them yesterday because they hadn't called me like they said they would, and they told me they aren't getting any. The worst thing about it is, Radio Shack said it was first come first serve, I hardly understand how they could have sold out in 11 minutes.
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until they start talking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got a call from the RS I pre ordered at confirming that they got mine in. They were only able to get 2 of the pre orders through their system on June 15th so they only got my phone and one more for the other order. Lucky I suppose

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Man that sucks. I didn't have the money to preorder, but I have it now and I was going to try the Shack first. Guess I will have to go to an AT&T store since there are no Apple stores in my area and order one.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

GOT MY IPHONE4 this morning!(shipped to house) sad part is, I wont get to play with it until 5pm afterwork...talk about a bitter sweet moment...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i called radioshack yesterday to try to confirm my pre-order and ask what time they would be opening on thursday. they said they have not received and iPhone 4s yet and aren't expecting any for launch day. They also couldn't ell me when they will be getting them but they did say i was first on their list and that the first iPhone 4 they get will be put aside for me and i will get a call from them to pick it up. The guy on the phone also said that none of third party stores including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Radioshack will be getting iPhone 4s on launch day.
    All I can hope is that i get it soon, hopefully before the end of June.

Thanks

Just got mine!

Can I be a douche and say....FIRST.

Edit: try about ninth! lol
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-23-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added cute statement

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RS is full of it, I also got a call from BestBuy saying that my i4 is in and made an appointment to pick it up on thursday, RS called me this AM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My Local Report:

Walmart getting Qty 0-2 16GB Black iphones at each location
    RadShack: Not enough to fill preorders but will call when avail
    Best Buy: Not enough to fill orders they THINK, but will call me if anything is left after all preorders are filled
    AT&T: No
    Apple Store: Wait in line outside all night, mall opens doors at around 6:45am Store opens at 7am. 1st come 1st serve. Qty avail unknown, they said they think from 5-40, isn't that lovely.

Your pick of Android phone, immediately available, and its starting to sound more tempting after both Apple and AT&T canceled orders on me
    Last edited by Azulfuego; 06-23-2010 at 10:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Just got mine!

Can I be a douche and say....FIRST.
    You can say..... SECOND

Green Apple
    Thanks

You had to be an idiot to think ordering from Radio Shack was a good idea. I'm surprised they are even still in business.

Thanks

Best Buy just called me and my two black 32gb's are in, but I can't pick 'em up till tomorrow. I was the third person in the store on the 15th.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i ordered mine from apple and will not be getting it until july 15 to 19 so since att is getting some on tuesday i am gonna get to my att store about 5 hours before they open and wait to get one then cancel my order with apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Got mine this morning. Writing from it right now. I pre ordered at att store on the 15th. 3gs is trash compared to i4. The screen resolution will blow ur mind away. Phone is at least 5x faster than 3gs. Hands down best phone ever made.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i just called radioshack again and they said that their district of stores were only alotted 20 iPhone 4s. He knew I was first on the list and that I had filled out a paper the day prior to pre-orders. He said at noon when they tried to enter the system to get the iPhone all the "PINS" were take up already. I said this is ridiculous and that should have been first come first serve regardless. He told me he still doesn't know when the remaining iPhone 4 Pre-Orders will be arriving and that it is up to how corporate allocates the short supply of iPhones. Then he hung up on me or my call was dropped not really sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizi View Post
    You had to be an idiot to think ordering from Radio Shack was a good idea. I'm surprised they are even still in business.
    LOL, I've always thought that myself but didnt wanna call anyone out.

Thanks

Starting to think Jobs might have been a tad over zealous announcing the release date. Anyone else think that all the i4 leaks had anything to do with it?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast