+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Will Begin Selling iPhone 4 on June 29

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by lovemyifone This doesn't surprise me from AT&T, next thing you know they will will have fbi search your house to see if you qualify to buy an
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyifone View Post
    This doesn't surprise me from AT&T, next thing you know they will will have fbi search your house to see if you qualify to buy an iphone . If you walk in to sprint you can just pick up an HTC EVO no big deal
    Thats because the HTC EVO is NOT a big deal. They're inferior to an iPhone. Which is the underlying reason to all this mayhem. You guys want an iPhone so bad that as soon as sumthin hinders your greedy lttle hands from getting one, you all go ape sh*t. And THEN get pissed at the company that is MAKING the phone that you want. Make up your minds and grow up. quit whining and leave at&t if its that bad, we dont wanna hear it.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not a line person...HATE 'EM!!! Or crowds. I can wait a couple more weeks to stroll into Apple and grab myself a 32gb iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

SO MANY OF YOU PEOPLE ARE EFING STUPID! STOP CRYING ABOUT AT&T NOT SELLING ON THE 24TH AND GET IN A LINE AT APPLE, OR WALLMART, OR ANY OTHER RETAILER THAT WILL BE SELLING THEM ON THE 24TH AND STFU ALREADY. God some of you are so damn dumb. So what if at&t put a 4 day hold on selling the iPhone. I haven't heard Apple or anyone else join suit, so stop the ******** over something so insignificant and adapt and over-come. Morons.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You ALWAYS buy straight from the source. In this case, Apple.
    Apple's site was down for 90 minutes when I was trying to order from 5-630am EST. So I ordered from AT&T. I'd much rather get my phone on the 24th (which is what is happening) than wait for "the source" to come back up and maybe get it. I don't care where I get it, as long as I get it. But that's just me :shrugs:
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 06-22-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling pwns me

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading comprehension is apparently REALLY difficult to most of the people replying to this thread.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 25,619 Times in 4,065 Posts

Wow. I really wasn't going to say anything but. Here's my take. I'm not to sure apple could of made anymore iPhone 4s even if they could in time for the 24th. They could of sat on the release untill late August or September so they would have enough time to produce enough for the whole world at once. but they would of pissed off us the user and then we would of bashed them for sitting on the phone we all wanted so badly! Really we are all on the same boat. I'm sure apple and AT&T don't wake up each day planning to screw us over. There's never been a demand for a product like this. Just look at how large MMI is. Look at all of us! Some people need to cool down. This release is a logistical nightmare for apple AT&T and other resellers not to mention server overload issues. No planning would of made this run smother! Only time. Time we as a consumer would not give without something negative to say. We all need to grow up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ha too bad nobody can afford those either. That's why we are getting universal healthcare in the US.

/end sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Turnamental View Post
    LOL! This guy needs a Valium...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyifone View Post
    This doesn't surprise me from AT&T, next thing you know they will will have fbi search your house to see if you qualify to buy an iphone . If you walk in to sprint you can just pick up an HTC EVO no big deal AT&T makes the biggest deal for anything all they are doing is making 10% of their customer switch over to other company next thing you know AT&T will tell you you can't buy an iphone because you are ugly fu*****k if apple decides to go with multicarrier all the ******** with AT&T will be over right away
    That's because there isn't a huge gray market for the EVO. ATT has a TON to lose if they don;t give you a credit check, you sign for a phone, sell it, and just cease to pay your monthly bill. People WILL do that.

I swear... some people just don't care to educate themselves about a topic before they rant like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    There's never been a demand for a product like this.

There is such a demand for new video game consoles every launch. Hell, the production of the Wii couldn't really keep up with the demand nearly two years after the release! Now, if you are referring to only Apple products, I can agree with you there

Bottom Lone, Apple should have restricted all initially sales to the USA. Yes, people will flame me for saying that, but the USA makes up the vast majority of all their sales, so it would have been a better business move IMO. Most other countries already have to deal with delays anyway.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-22-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

can someone confirm if they are going to carry them at walmart and other retailers?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Having pre-ordered in person at my local AT&T store after being unable to pre-order online (with either AT&T or Apple) all morning on the 15th, I for one am glad that AT&T is postponing in-store sales of the iPhone 4 on launch day.

I was concerned that I would have to compete with the super-long line that would form made up of people who weren't able to (or just chose not to) pre-order, and who knows if I'd ever end up being able to pick up my phone on Thursday. I don't think AT&T would have had a separate line like Apple is.

I even expressed this concern to the AT&T rep while pre-ordering, and he indicated that they hardly ever have that many phones on launch day anyway, so they'd end up turning away a lot of people if there was a line. Made me feel a little better, but this makes me feel quite a bit more relaxed and confident that I'll be able to get in and out of the store with my phone in a reasonable amount of time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zauriel For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Plan B...apple store=even longer lines=hopefully more iPhones=this sucks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They should have used a woman for that. The dude just pissed me off.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alectra82 For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-22-2010)

Thanks
    fits gonna hit the shan when my brother hears this!
    my preorder got cancelled so i was planning on waiting in line
    but now thats screwed
    there is no cure for this sickness

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good thing mine will be here tomorrow! Tracking said that ***** came from Jun 20, 2010 11:00 PM Picked up SHENZHEN CN Package received after FedEx cutoff

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone heard if WalMart or Radio Shack will still stock the iPhone 4 on Thursday? Or does this only pretain to AT&T stores?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Bottom Lone, Apple should have restricted all initially sales to the USA. Yes, people will flame me for saying that, but the USA makes up the vast majority of all their sales, so it would have been a better business move IMO. Most other countries already have to deal with delays anyway.
    Combine that with opening up pre orders to more than the week before release and there'd be a much more manageable launch day. You could even offer first pre orders to 3GS owners and such rather than just opening it up for every single person at once. That would mean rewarding loyalty though... and we'd first have to explain to the two companies what that word means.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 12jmartinez View Post
    fits gonna hit the shan when my brother hears this!
    my preorder got cancelled so i was planning on waiting in line
    but now thats screwed
    Well just tell the little yellow bus bus-driver to take you somewhere that WILL be selling them. This is just at&t that is postponing the sale til the 29th. Problem solved genius.

I don't know why anyone bothers informing people on here, because a) no one reads through the thread, and b) they're mostly retarded and can't solve simple problems even with help. *sigh*

THIS IS AT&T ONLY THAT'S POSTPONING SALES TO NON-PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS TIL THE 29th, so, if you waterheads would READ this thread you'd already know that you can still go to an Apple store or another retailer and get in line, UNLESS they magically decide to follow at&t's lead and make statements that otherwise would tell you all that you CAN'T go to another store on the 24th. ughhhh

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

luvmytj (06-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I called a couple local Wally Worlds and the only semi solid answer I've gotten is "only managers know when we're getting them".

So since AT&T gave us the big F U, is there any where that everyone that didn't preorder could get ahold of one?

Thanks

Also, i spoke with the ATT rep she said they just got that email, im still going in tomorrow to ask in person and then ill head to the apple store probably around 10pm tomorrow just to make sure.