+ Reply
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
damn! multitasking problem on my 3G! jailbroken with redsn0w, and now if I double press home button it's shows a black dock :S
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

damn! multitasking problem on my 3G!
    jailbroken with redsn0w, and now if I double press home button it's shows a black dock :S
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes i did the same thing thinking since they had the unlock for new baseband it wouldnt be a problem on new jailbreak but i was wrong and were screwed intill the new spirit or other update for new baseband is updated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    ARG, if I go into DFU I get a 1600 error if I go into recovery it never goes past "Preparing iPhone for Restore".

Screwed either way, don't remember how to fix this.....and I've been doing it for years now.

Help me out on this error, I forgot the fix. OS X10.6.2, 3gs, itunes 9., was pwned 3.1.3, but went official 4.0 last night
    DFU doesn't work from my experiences. also you must be on the new itunes 9.2, not the beta 9.2, but the official one. it should work after that. unless you upgraded to official 4.0 thru itunes and lost ur jailbreak and upgraded baseband
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat353 View Post
    I have been on this site since the start and unlocked 150 or so phones (before these simple programs) but have never been so confused. I currently have an unlocked 3G on 3.1.2 with the 4.26.08 modem firmware. Can I safely use this program to upgrade to 4.0 and still be unlocked?
    since the start and you dont even have 10 post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    damn! multitasking problem on my 3G!
    jailbroken with redsn0w, and now if I double press home button it's shows a black dock :S
    multitask doesn't work on a 3g per apples website
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 06-22-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

One1 - please stop posting in between the post I am replying to and my post....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

i made my custom firmware, and i put my phone into recovery mode, but when i choose the custom firmware to restore with, it just stays at "preparing iphone for restore" been like that for 10 min now

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay so I have a 3GS that is on the new 4.0 that of course is not jailbroken. Will I be able to update it with the custom firmware created with PwnageTool and have a jailbroken phone or will I have to wait?

iPhone? More like MyPhone capttanhowdy's Avatar
    Thanks

ARRRRRRGGGGGG ok Had to exchange my iphone 3gs for a new one today. So I am starting from scratch... its on 3.1.3 and I am trying to do the pwned tool 4.0 to unlock/jb but its just stuck on the preparing to restore thing in itunes.
    Also I had to put in DFU mode maually w/o pwng tool 4.0 bc it wouldnt recognize that the phone was even plugged in. But itunes did just fine. Any ideas?

eror code 1604 just popped up
    Last edited by capttanhowdy; 06-22-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: oh now a 1600 error code! Awesome!!!

Thanks

Worked like a charm on both my 3GS'

Awesome job DT!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

multitasking problem was a mobile substrate problem

MMi, please keep us updated about fixes for iBooks and iFile
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sucks, I got a 3G[s] from craigslist but it was updated to 4.0 when they wiped the info off... so for now I am screwd

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really, I hate when new FWs come out and you want to update. This thread is 11 pages long /w people repeating things that were said in the OP...

NO, if you have the new bootrom, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE!
    YEA, if you jb'd with Spirit, youre SCREWED as off today, maybe tomorrow you'll be okay!
    YEA, its mac only AS OF RIGHT NOW. Wait a few days, maybe only hours. Its been like this FOREVER
    NO, DevTeam doesnt suck b/c you can't do your device. You want better, develop your own damn JB

Yes, GeoHotz is the truth, but dont downplay the DevTeam. People shouted about ZiPhone being the best program EVER and it was THE WORST. LITERALLY. I used to unlock phones and got 5 calls a day about people BRICKING their phones from ZiPhones 1 click jb method. By no means is GeoHotz another Zibri, but hard work is hard work, and the DevTeam works hard on releasing SOLID apps, that are as reliable as possible.

ANYWAY, back to the meat. Anyone having problems while building the ipsw? Mine has been building for what seems like an hour, and this is the second time I've ran it. In beginner AND expert. I'm on the road, so the only mac I have is my PowerBook G4 with a PPC instead of intel based processor. Anyone else having this problem?

Doing a 3GS custom ipsw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Iphone 3GS 32GB
    BootLoader: 6.4
    Model: MC133

Just confirming that everything works fine updating from 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07 to firmware iOS4.0 using Pwnage Tool 4

Cheers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

ALSO EVERYONE PLEASE BE ADVISED!!!!!! in this version of pwnagetool 4.0 it only recognizes the IPSW as "iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293.ipsw" and not "iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" so you will either need to rename your ipsw taking out the "_Restore" or change the /contents/resources/firmwarebundles/ ipsw file to match the name you have!

I hope this helps
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thuwun For This Useful Post:

bootleg (06-22-2010)

Thanks

This whole thread is all over the place with information, misinformation, confusion, and complaints. How about everyone just... slow down.. until things settle a bit. Many people just blindly upgrade (witness all the people on 3.1.3 who fubar'd themselves by doing so) or jump on the newest bestest without thinking about what will happen when they do so. There is no Winterboard yet, from what I read. There are lots of apps and tweaks that won't work with 4, from what I read. If you folks all manage to jb your devices, they (most likely) will not work the way they have been because many apps/tweaks aren't ready for the new OS yet. As for bootrom #s, the joke is that those of us with Macs can't use fOrecast to determine what we have (at least, I couldn't find one that would run on a Mac), while you Windows folks can determine what version you have but it does you no good. For instance, I have a refurb 3GS that works untethered with blackrain, while the original one I had (which broke after a week) had to be tethered. From this I assume I have the older 'rom, but my number is 5Kx48xxxxx, which suggests the new 'rom. Too much confusion and uncertainty. All my theming stuff, QuickReply, custom dialers, etc, probably won't work for a while. Is the new OS so important that you basically want a stock phone, because all the Cydia stuff won't work? Then just Restore your phone to stock and play with the new software. If your custom phone is important to you, slow down and see what is happening. If you are unlocked now, for heaven's sake don't do anything until it is clear it will be after an upgrade. Otherwise, you are gonna be back here whining about how this or that doesn't work, and no one wants to hear it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thuwun View Post
    ALSO EVERYONE PLEASE BE ADVISED!!!!!! in this version of pwnagetool 4.0 it only recognizes the IPSW as "iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293.ipsw" and not "iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" so you will either need to rename your ipsw taking out the "_Restore" or change the /contents/resources/firmwarebundles/ ipsw file to match the name you have!

I hope this helps
    This is incorrect information.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any news on an ipod touch 2g jailbreak?

Thanks

Wow some people seem to forget how awesome this phone is even without jailbreaking! Me for example the only reason I will jailbreak is for 3g unrestrictor everything else i used to jailbreak for is already built into ios4!!!! Not trying to bash anyone just reminding people that this is by far the best phone u can get

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks glad you mentioned that about renaming the ipsw. had no idea. i'm still downloading one labeled restore from this site so i will rename as per your suggestion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok one thing i do not understand!
    i have 3gs old bootrom but the device is locked and i cant activate it cos i dont have an at&t sim (it runs 3.1.3) can i fix it by updating to 4 ?