Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
    If you're not sure if you have the old bootrom or the new one, on your phone, go to Settings-General-About.

Take a look at the Serial number. xxx##xxxxxx The two ## numbers in the serial are the production week (The fourth and fifth numbers basically.

If it's week 40 or after, it's almost guaranteed to be the a bootrom. If it's 39, it can be a either the old or new(It's when they switched the bootrom in production. If it's 38 or earlier, it'll be the old bootrom.
    if the first 2 of the serial are "5K" that means it is a Refurb and could be either. Run f0recast to determine bootrom

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you're not sure if you have the old bootrom or the new one, on your phone, go to Settings-General-About.

Take a look at the Serial number. xxx##xxxxxx The two ## numbers in the serial are the production week (The fourth and fifth numbers basically.

If it's week 40 or after, it's almost guaranteed to be the a bootrom. If it's 39, it can be a either the old or new(It's when they switched the bootrom in production. If it's 38 or earlier, it'll be the old bootrom.
    My week is "50" but instead of MC like I keep reading the new bootrom says, mine is MB. Do I have the old or new?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    Is this just for mac ? Also how do i know if i have old or new bootrom ?
    Mine is MC131B
    Please help !!!
    If your model # begins with "MC" then you have the new bootrom. If it is not "MC" then you have the old bootrom. Also, the 4th and 5th # in your serial is lower then 40 then you have an old bootrom.

You have the new bootrom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I have a 3GS, old bootrom with baseband 04.26.08, is there going to be a issue going to 4.0 with this baseband?
    You shouldn't have any issues. The only ones that are out of luck are those with a 3Gs with the new bootrom, but I personally think that it's still safer to wait until more things are updated for 4.0, and until the updates and jb's are stable.
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

I have been on this site since the start and unlocked 150 or so phones (before these simple programs) but have never been so confused. I currently have an unlocked 3G on 3.1.2 with the 4.26.08 modem firmware. Can I safely use this program to upgrade to 4.0 and still be unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Best advice for new or experienced users is to just read. Read all the posts. Go to other forums and read all those posts. The more you know before attempting any update or jailbreak the better.

And knowing is half the battle!

I dont get it because I have an Iphone 3gs MC model but my 4 and 5th number on serial number is 35 (lower than 40).... SO Im confused ... and my iBoot is 359.3 (not the new one 359.3.2) So what do I do!!! and im on 3.1.3 not jaibroken at the moment what should I do!? PLZ help

iPhone? More like MyPhone lepetitmort84's Avatar
    Thanks

Well being as I cannot use this cause I have windows, I did try redsn0w. I updated my phont through iTunes to 4.0, Now I have a connect to iTunes screen. When I use redsn0w, it cannot recognize my IPSW. The 8A293 one. WHAT CAN I DO!?

I have 3g
    We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

F#ck it apple. why did they have to go and make the new bootrom 3gs? My iPhone has been causing me trouble with jailbreaking ever since I got it back in January.
    This is really pissing me off now
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firstdominator View Post
    I dont get it because I have an Iphone 3gs MC model but my 4 and 5th number on serial number is 35 (lower than 40).... SO Im confused ... and my iBoot is 359.3 (not the new one 359.3.2) So what do I do!!! and im on 3.1.3 not jaibroken at the moment what should I do!? PLZ help
    If you don't know for sure, then download and use f0recast to check it out.
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pat353 View Post
    I have been on this site since the start and unlocked 150 or so phones (before these simple programs) but have never been so confused. I currently have an unlocked 3G on 3.1.2 with the 4.26.08 modem firmware. Can I safely use this program to upgrade to 4.0 and still be unlocked?
    Build a new 4.0 custom firmware and DFU restore to it.. then unlock with ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    F#ck it apple. why did they have to go and make the new bootrom 3gs? My iPhone has been causing me trouble with jailbreaking ever since I got it back in January.
    This is really pissing me off now
    That was the point........

Everyone with a PC needs to check out InsanelyMac or Kext.com to install OSX86 and be able to use OSX and Windows. I am currently running OSX 10.6.4 on my hp Pavilion a6300t!

Hackintosh all the way baby! With an official Snow Leopard disk of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmort84 View Post
    Well being as I cannot use this cause I have windows, I did try redsn0w. I updated my phont through iTunes to 4.0, Now I have a connect to iTunes screen. When I use redsn0w, it cannot recognize my IPSW. The 8A293 one. WHAT CAN I DO!?

I have 3g
    Ok so instead of reading through posts like they tell you to all the time you went ahead and did it without reading up on it first. Now that my little rant is over.

Go over to iClarified.com and follow the instructions there on how to use redsnow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmort84 View Post

I have 3g
    Try using iRecovery. It might help you get off the connect to itunes screen. I've had that problem before after upgrading, and iRecovery worked for me.
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:52 PM.

open activity monitor, and quite itunes helper. Before you plug phone into mac.

This some times helps me avoid 1600 and other errors when Jailbreaking.

Also did you put iphone in to dfu mode using PWNAGE. This also helps ensure custom ISP are not blocked by itunes.

So many questions, so much mis-information, so many poor links
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What constitutes OLD BOOT ROM on iPhone 3GS. I have 05.11.07 Modem Firmware with 3.1.2
    Jailbroken with Spirit.

You shouldn't have any issues. The only ones that are out of luck are those with a 3Gs with the new bootrom, but I personally think that it's still safer to wait until more things are updated for 4.0, and until the updates and jb's are stable.
    I am waiting until more jailbreak apps have been updated, I'm just getting everything ready. Thanks for the info.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast