+ Reply
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi guys, I had jailbroken my iphone 3GS with pwnage tool 4.0 (old bootrom, worked great) and was pissed off as ibooks did not work, all the rest worked fine
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Please help me cannot restore with custom os4...
    Hi guys,

I had jailbroken my iphone 3GS with pwnage tool 4.0 (old bootrom, worked great) and was pissed off as ibooks did not work, all the rest worked fine though.

So I wanted to jailbreak it again with pwnage tool 4.01 and I am stuck... the recovery hangs towards the end of the recovery status bar in iTunes and on my iPhone.

I've tried to restore it twice, in recovery mode and once in DFU mode (got an error 1600).

I do no know what to do anymore to get my iPhone working again, could someone please help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Try with it in regular mode. Like have on the regular iPhone screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Problem solved !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jahitian View Post
    Hi guys,

I had jailbroken my iphone 3GS with pwnage tool 4.0 (old bootrom, worked great) and was pissed off as ibooks did not work, all the rest worked fine though.

So I wanted to jailbreak it again with pwnage tool 4.01 and I am stuck... the recovery hangs towards the end of the recovery status bar in iTunes and on my iPhone.

I've tried to restore it twice, in recovery mode and once in DFU mode (got an error 1600).

I do no know what to do anymore to get my iPhone working again, could someone please help me?

EDIT:

I followed one1's tutorial and got stuck again midway through restore,i googled and found a little handy trick that saved my day.

Restored in DFU mode to 3.1.2, then when i got blocked half-way through restore, I launched blackra1n, magic trick, the restore resumed and I was able to get back to 3.1.2, jailbroke with blackr1n then successfully restored to my pwnd's custom firmware.

A big thank you to one1 and google.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jahitian View Post
    Hi guys,

try using spirit then blackra1n to get you back to where you started from - everything but ibooks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im looking forward to when the ipod touch 3rd gn is4 is jailbroken i miss my jailbreak apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys pwnagetool 4.0 for windows?? when you gonna have it?

have this problem with my iphone 3gs,bb5.12,bl6.4 mcmodel. i dont know what to do with this. i already restore it to 3.1.3 firmware, i used snowbreeze but i get an error when i make the restore with the custom ipsw. i need help pls... mail me [email protected]

i really appreciate everyones help. i havnt used my iphone for morethan 3 months already... i still hope that theres still a remedy on my problem.

God bless!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

works perfectly. got it in the first try.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    doesn't work on new bootrom...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemage08 View Post
    guys pwnagetool 4.0 for windows?? when you gonna have it?

have this problem with my iphone 3gs,bb5.12,bl6.4 mcmodel. i dont know what to do with this. i already restore it to 3.1.3 firmware, i used snowbreeze but i get an error when i make the restore with the custom ipsw. i need help pls... mail me [email protected]

i really appreciate everyones help. i havnt used my iphone for morethan 3 months already... i still hope that theres still a remedy on my problem.

God bless!!!
    Why try Sn0wbreeze? Do you want to trash your phone?
    If you can restore to 3.13 why not use Spirit then UltraSn0w? What's the problem?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@confucious, i already tried spirit.compatibility mode, but then it asked me to have itunes 9, but i was already running in itunes 9.1. i dont want to trash my phone, thats why almost everyday,im on the net waiting and asking for some brand new ideas. i dont care if i look like a fool. but i just want to ask. instead of having it fix and pay very expensive, i will juts try to fix it myself, by everyones help here..thanks anyways. if u have any idea. maybe you can help me out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@confucious, i already tried spirit.compatibility mode, but then it asked me to have itunes 9, but i was already running in itunes 9.1. i dont want to trash my phone, thats why almost everyday,im on the net waiting and asking for some brand new ideas. i dont care if i look like a fool. but i just want to ask. instead of having it fix and pay very expensive, i will juts try to fix it myself, by everyones help here..thanks anyways. if u have any idea. maybe you can help me out.
    If you're on 3.1.3, the best\Easiest method you'll ever find is to use Spirit, and then UltraSn0w, you only have to have an Original Carrier Sim in order to activate it, if you're already activated, then you're ok to go.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

bluemage08 (07-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i try to checkon iforcast, it says that i can only jailbreak it if i save shsh file.but how can i do it my phone is stuck to emergency call. . where to save the shsh file in order for me to JB the device,iphone 3gs,fw 3.1.3 bb 5.12.01 bl 6.4 mc model.

Thanks

i try to checkon iforcast, it says that i can only jailbreak it if i save shsh file.but how can i do it my phone is stuck to emergency call. . where to save the shsh file in order for me to JB the device,iphone 3gs,fw 3.1.3 bb 5.12.01 bl 6.4 mc model.
    You need an original carrier Sim. Probably AT&T.. get one from a friend or eBay.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont have original carrear, i bought this phone in spain.now im back in phils. so i dont have the spain sim card. but everytime i use spirit, it always ask me to have itunes 9.1 but im already running itunes 9.1..already even tried compatibility mode.. but still.. thanks anyways..

Thanks

So why can't you just use Spirit on 3.13?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got this error:

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

how to fix?? switch to compatability mode?? still doesnt work.cause it ask me to have itunes 9.1 or higher, im already running to it.

Thanks

i got this error:

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

how to fix?? switch to compatability mode?? still doesnt work.cause it ask me to have itunes 9.1 or higher, im already running to it.
    You MUST Have had your device activated first in order to use Spirit.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

bluemage08 (07-06-2010), dr_mosse (07-07-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@demias, yeah, but i dont have the original sim. and i bought this phone from spain. now im athome Philippines..and i dont have a simcard from spain.. thanks guys.. i dont really know what to do with my phone.

Thanks

Get a SIM from Spain.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cause i can restore it to original apple 3.1.3, but like for example.i will use the custom ipsw. from snowbreeze, it always shows error

thanks for your kind ideas, and for your time,answering my questions!