Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Why is there never a pwnagetool for Windows users?

I have two 3GS's with the new bootrom that I'm going to give to my parents. Do I have to unlock them for them to use them? They are out of contract on AT&T and I don't want to put them in jeopardy of AT&T forcing them to change plans. My Mom has an unlocked 3G, my old one, and she hasnt had any contact about having one from AT&T. They don't care about having data and I don't want to cause them to have to upgrade plans. Does anyone know?

I know the jailbreak isn't out for the new bootrom 3GSs, but since this deals with unlocks I thought I'd ask.

What methods other than vmware (which doesnt work for me on win 7) are people using to run a virtual mac OS on a PC for things like this?
    Thanks

Default iBoot-359.3 here
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You can not go to 4 and JB
    3GS iBoot-359.3 Upgraded to 4.0, first jailbreak blackra1n, SHSH onfile (Cydia) 3.1.3 jailbreak with spirit, can i ride the jailbreak train ?
    iPhone 4 with 4.1 Out of the box

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but i've been searching this post for an hour now and can't find the answer. I have a 3GS running the new IOS4. It has the old bootroom I think based off of the serial number being 38, I used the new pwnage tool to build a custom ipsw but everytime I put it in DFU mode I get error number 1600 and when it's in recovery mode it won't get past "preparing iphone for restore." As far as I know I should be able to jailbreak based on the fact that I have the old bootroom, have never used spirit and it was previously jailbroken on 3.1.3. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Would using a USB hub work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

my 3Gs got stuck in recovery but was able to get it back but upgraded to 3.1.3. when i tried to downgrade back to 3.1.2 (my shsh is on the saurik server) I kept getting a 1015 error. stuck on 3.1.3......any ideas?

old bootrom but modem on 5.12.01 now (with 3.1.3)
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Thanks

My 3GS just accepts the original Apple IOS4. Got my shsh on the saurik server, but can't restore using any other OS from Apple nor custom using Pwnage. Old bootrom but modem on 5.13 now
    Help!
    Last edited by xattica; 06-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked but i've been searching this post for an hour now and can't find the answer. I have a 3GS running the new IOS4. It has the old bootroom I think based off of the serial number being 38, I used the new pwnage tool to build a custom ipsw but everytime I put it in DFU mode I get error number 1600 and when it's in recovery mode it won't get past "preparing iphone for restore." As far as I know I should be able to jailbreak based on the fact that I have the old bootroom, have never used spirit and it was previously jailbroken on 3.1.3. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Would using a USB hub work?
    I am having this exact issue and am on my 2nd day of combing thru 30 pages of this forum with noone being able to help Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    I am having this exact issue and am on my 2nd day of combing thru 30 pages of this forum with noone being able to help Good luck
    You have to downgrade to a CUSTOM (Prefered) 3.1.2 OR 3.1.3 Version using your SHSH backup, and then upgrade to a Custom 4.0. Thats it! let know if you get any problem.

press the Thanks! button if I deserve it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (06-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    You have to downgrade to a CUSTOM (Prefered) 3.1.2 OR 3.1.3 Version using your SHSH backup, and then upgrade to a Custom 4.0. Thats it! let know if you get any problem.

press the Thanks! button if I deserve it
    my friend went swimming with it in his pocket (ok he got pushed in) And apple replaced it with this one for him. So this one hasnt been jb or unlocked before. Its a refurb iphone on 3.1.3 built in week 22 so should be old boot.

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    my friend went swimming with it in his pocket (ok he got pushed in) And apple replaced it with this one for him. So this one hasnt been jb or unlocked before. Its a refurb iphone on 3.1.3 built in week 22 so should be old boot.
    Should be waiting for a new JB tool. Hopefully It'll be soon. If you are an unlocker, Make sure to google TinyUmbrella to backup your 4.0 SHSH to be able to use it then.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (06-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey View Post
    my 3Gs got stuck in recovery but was able to get it back but upgraded to 3.1.3. when i tried to downgrade back to 3.1.2 (my shsh is on the saurik server) I kept getting a 1015 error. stuck on 3.1.3......any ideas?

old bootrom but modem on 5.12.01 now (with 3.1.3)

@mrrippey

I had that problem but I used blackra1n after downgrading from 3.13 to 3.12. After you downgrade and your phones progress bar goes away. That error 1015 comes when you downgrade to 3.12. Use blackra1n. It will re-jailbreak the phone. You'll need to use Itunes after that to activate your phone again if you're on AT&T.

I hope that helps

to FIX ERROR 1015 download iReb from this Link:
    iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    and press on Fix Recovery Mode Loop, Choose 3G[S] and you're fine.

Press Thanks if I deserve!

Hey.. I Wanna Ask that if we jailbreaked using spirit , can we upgrade to 4 thn back to 3.1.3 and jailbreak using blackrain?
    Edit : and also whats the number for the old bootrom on 3GS?
    Last edited by IcyNuttY; 06-23-2010 at 08:46 PM.

I am not going to read through 11 pages for my answer cus I am lazy so i am just going to ask...can I jailbreak my 3GS that is now running iOS4? It was previously jailbroken when it was iPhone OS 3.whatever using Geohots method.
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyNuttY View Post
    Hey.. I Wanna Ask that if we jailbreaked using spirit , can we upgrade to 4 thn back to 3.1.3 and jailbreak using blackrain?
    Edit : and also whats the number for the old bootrom on 3GS?
    The only way to jailbreak 3.1.3 is PwnageTools, and to use it (Restore to a Custom FW), if you're on 3.1.3 (JBed with Spirit) and have the hashes, then restore to a Custom 3.1.3 (JBed with PwnageTools) and then upgrade to a Custom (Pwnagetools) 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I am not going to read through 11 pages for my answer cus I am lazy so i am just going to ask...can I jailbreak my 3GS that is now running iOS4? It was previously jailbroken when it was iPhone OS 3.whatever using Geohots method.
    You should restore to 3.1.2, use blackra1n again, and then restore with CUSTOM 4.0 made with PwnageTools.

press thanks if I helped.
    Last edited by drmias; 06-23-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

bri1232001 (06-24-2010), IcyNuttY (06-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    The only way to jailbreak 3.1.3 is PwnageTools, and to use it (Restore to a Custom FW), if you're on 3.1.3 (JBed with Spirit) and have the hashes, then restore to a Custom 3.1.3 (JBed with PwnageTools) and then upgrade to a Custom (Pwnagetools) 4.0.

You should restore to 3.1.2, use blackra1n again, and then restore with CUSTOM 4.0 made with PwnageTools.

press thanks if I helped.
    but what is the "old" bootrom? i have 359.3.2 or does it not matter on the MC132**?

Sorry for you, you've got the new bootrom, geohot is willing to release a new tool for it, be patient. (I also have one, you're not alone).

Sure Thing Dude... Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    help.BenM.at not working on JB 3GS 4.0--
    Thanks for trying that. What about the tethering patch that's on Cydia?

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast