Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Anyone know if any of the current methods work for jailbreaking the iPhone 4 of course running iOS4?

No
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You went down to 3.12 to you could pwn
    3.13 can't be pwn'd
    on a 3Gs, if you are on 3.1.3 and have shsh on Saurick's servers (all of them from 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3) you can downgrade to a custom 3.1.2 (via iTunes pointint to saurick's server) then upgrade to custom 4.0 correct using pwn 4.01?
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

You can downgrade to standard 3.1 or 3.12 and pwn your device then use a custom FW created with pwnage to upgrade to 4.0
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my jailbroken iOS 4.0 on 3Gs with Windows

get a custom from any one who works on MacOS, copy it to Windows and restore your iPhone 3Gs over iTunes

-img_0154.png
    Last edited by vinkulja6; 06-23-2010 at 04:34 PM.

When i jailbroke my 3g i didnt click multitasking. Anyway i can get it back now??

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Do not post custom firmware links

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

You can downgrade to standard 3.1 or 3.12 and pwn your device then use a custom FW created with pwnage to upgrade to 4.0
    Do you mean,

1. retore to standard 3.1.2 then blakra1n it to jailbreak then do custom 4 restore

OR

2. restore to custom 3.1.2 then restore to custom 4.0?

Thanks!!
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Do not post custom firmware links
    OK no problem

iPhone 3G MB702LL 5.13.04 iOS4 jailbroken with redsn0w.

Can't unlock with ultrasn0w, keep saying "no service" , any ideas, advice or help will be really appreciated.

Can someone explain to me what spirit has done to not allow a jailbreak at this time?

Spirit is not true pwnage, it is userland so does not keep the hole open.

Default 3GS on 3.0 (7A341)
    Jailbroke with spirit.Can I restore to some firmware and jailbreak with windows??

please release a jailbreak for a new bootrom iphone 3gs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster103 View Post
    please release a jailbreak for a new bootrom iphone 3gs!
    Ehen you find an exploit, let us know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1956 View Post
    Jailbroke with spirit.Can I restore to some firmware and jailbreak with windows??
    yes but u need a custom firmware, but at now u can just create it with a Mac.

If u have a friend whit mac, create it with PwnageToll and put the custom on your PC, restore the iPhone with iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by vinkulja6 View Post
    yes but u need a custom firmware, but at now u can just create it with a Mac.

If u have a friend whit mac, create it with PwnageToll and put the custom on your PC, restore the iPhone with iTunes
    That is just wrong.

If you have JB with Spirit you can not use pwnage and can not JB on iOS4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    help.BenM.at not working on JB 3GS 4.0--
    Thanks!! Darn I guess I am waiting then I need me some tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    So many questions, not enough time to ask them all.....so I will just stick to two:

1) (PREFACE) I have read every page of this thread and I have seen my particular situation posed by a few other people but no one answered it. I have a 3GS, FW 3.1.2, old bootrom. I used redsnow first, then the FW was updated, so I used blackra1n to JB, phone somehow got in a infinite reboot so I had to restore and I then used Spirit to JB. So here's the question: Can I use Pwnage 4.0 to JB now? ( I used pwnage tools before with my 1st Gen iPhone and in the early days of my 3GS so I am fimilar with the tools, I am just unsure if the latest Spirit JB has left me out on this one. If I cant JB, no biggy!! I can wait for Spirit/Geohot to release something in the future!!)

2) I also have an iPad that I JBroke with Spirit. Once iOS 4 is released for the iPad, are all the Spirit users out of luck again for updating their iPads?

Unlike some people, I am in no hurry to upgrade just to JB iOS 4. A lot of tweaks/substrates/Cydia Apps/Winterboard/etc are not even working yet on 4.0 so I would rather keep everything I have now and just wait until an option is available for my particular case instead of jumping into iOS 4 and have nothing I am used to having work (MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor, Winterboard).
    You fell off the JB train when you restored after your infinite reboot.
    I assume this message was for me. Again, I will stay with my current FW until things are tested and more people can share their experiences with the forums.

But if I really wanted to JB then I should be able to restore back to a stock 3.1.2 with my blobs on Cydia's server, upgrade to 4.0 and use the pwnage 4 tool right? Just trying to get a better feeling on how the process will/does work.

And if anyone could explain in general terms why the Spirit JB conflicts with ever using tools such as Pwnage that would be great.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 06-23-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks a lot!
    Sweet! I couldn't restore my Iphone 3GS in DFU mode, so I placed the phone in normal mode, and it works!

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast