Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post
    yeah, having problems with multi-tasking. 16gb 3gs, 4.0 pwned with pwnage tool 4.0
    bigorangekitty, once again I should have looked 5 more minutes prior to asking, saw on pg. 13 of this thread that if you uninstall winterboard multitasking will be enabled. That works, just about to try reinstalling winterboard to see if that disables it again-

yes, unfortunately Winterboard disables multitasking whether it's installed via Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 during jailbreak or from Cydia after jailbreak--
    Last edited by joe97; 06-23-2010 at 10:53 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    bigorangekitty, once again I should have looked 5 more minutes prior to asking, saw on pg. 13 of this thread that if you uninstall winterboard multitasking will be enabled. That works, just about to try reinstalling winterboard to see if that disables it again-

yes, unfortunately Winterboard disables multitasking whether it's installed via Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 during jailbreak or from Cydia after jailbreak--
    Joe, I'll give a shot too. i'll uninstall winterboard and see what happens and try reinstalling it.

Winterboard for OS4 is very buggy - it does disable multi tasking.
    No doubt it will be fixed soon.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i got everything working, except for cydia. dammit!! so close.

It just crashes everytime i load it
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

nickswagger see 1st post on pg. 26-

Thanks

Joe,
    That would be the case. Winterboard disables multi-tasking.

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    hey auwkeung, the default repo for Cydia installer in 4.0.1 Pwnage Tool is outdated. You'll need to add this repo in Pwnage Tool to get the latest Cydia installer: http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-...s-arm/Packages . Anyone having trouble with multi-tasking? is this known?
    OH men you are my GOD!

Thanks v. much!

you're welcome-- I expect this along with the issue with Winterboard disabling multi-tasking will be addressed soon- saurik and the dev team are awesome at what they do--

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e1allen2 View Post
    I ran the f)recast and it says my wk is 25, baseband 05.12.01, bootloader 6.4, and Model MC138.

It says it is jailbreakable if SHSH is on file, but is not unlockable and Untether = Yes.

It also reports that iPhone 3GS firmware 3.1.3 is connected.

I have several SHSH's(3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3) stored at Cydia and have used Pwntools to jailbreak this iphone, except for the last and that was Spirit.

So you said if the model # starts with MC, I have the new bootrom, but if the serial # has 25 as digit 5 and 6, then I have the old Bootrom.

A bit confusing eh?

Appreciate all the folks answering us n00bs questions.

You folks R O C K ! ! !
    Sorry.. apparently the MC model number doesn't apply to the 3GS, only the 8GB iPod Touch 2G. I was misinformed. So as long as the 4th and 5th # in your serial is under 40 you have the old bootrom.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

to every one who wants to update just wait a week or so you waited up to now ill tell you why i updated my mates 3G today and not all cydia apps work most off the time the 3G goes in to save mode im so glad i did not update man im on 3.12 3GS i will only up date when cydia works ok and the apps like quicklock five icon dock and others work ok just wait guys i now every jailkbreak guy wonts 4.0 on there iphone i would wait but thats me its a free world out there................
    Last edited by nicoand; 06-23-2010 at 12:17 PM.

No windows. im tired of that.

mac may be better, but more people use windows. its going to stay that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    i got everything working, except for cydia. dammit!! so close.

It just crashes everytime i load it

Two Fixes for this, do not autumatically pre-install any packages.

Second- or update repo to this http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-...s-arm/Packages in PwnageTool in expert mode.

Edit-- Another note, MAKE SURE you are connected to Wifi when you launch Cydia
    Quote Originally Posted by onelastwarrior View Post
    I have 3.0.1 how would I go about getting 4.0 running windows
    Find a Mac and use PwnageTool if already Jailbroken.

If you are not Jailbroken, you must download Redsnow first and then find someone with a mac to create a custom iOS software to use to update through PwangeTool.

When in iTunes, click option->click to select the custom restore file.
    Last edited by Ryfly; 06-23-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

If are you on iOS4 in a 3Gs? then go to help.BenM.at | BENM.AT to see if you can get tethering to work. We all know that it's in the settings the question is can we get it to work? For FREE?

I don't quite understand.

So if I have an iPhone 3GS that has never been JB before and I just installed OS4.0 are you telling me that as of right now there's now way to JB it? I don't get all the tech talk, I just understand whether or not I can JB it, and if so how to follow the instructions to do so.

Thanks

Damn that was painful. I used spirit to jailbreak 3.1.3. I have to upgrade to 4.0, downgrade back to 3.1.2, used blackrain to jailbreak 3.1.2, then upgrade to 4.0 with the custom ipsw. That took me over coupe of hours.

just use the new redsn0w beta to jailbreak 4.0 on windows

does this work for the new iPhone 4 or just the 3Gs?

RedSn0w is 3G only, not 3GS or 4
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

i don't think pwnage tool 4.01 resolves the ibook issue. tried 4.01 downloaded from dev team site to compare to 4.0. still no ibooks. not that i actually care. just thought it was interesting. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by nkgneto View Post
    If are you on iOS4 in a 3Gs? then go to help.BenM.at | BENM.AT to see if you can get tethering to work. We all know that it's in the settings the question is can we get it to work? For FREE?
    help.BenM.at not working on JB 3GS 4.0--

21. The Following User Says Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

MJedi (06-23-2010)

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast