+ Reply
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by capttanhowdy I have never used spirit. The phone was built in week 22 which was earlier than my other 3gs which was made in week 39 (which
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    I have never used spirit. The phone was built in week 22 which was earlier than my other 3gs which was made in week 39 (which unlocked and jb fine)

Oh and I am on 9.2
    I was in the same boat, I used my wifey's ibook which had itues 9.1 and did a restore there and it got me back to 3.1.3 (stored shsh on Cydia). bad news as it upgraded my modem to 5.12.01 but at least it is not a brick. try to find a computer with 9.1 and point to saurik's servers if you have shsh's up there.

good luck..
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrrippey For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (06-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone capttanhowdy's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately don't have info for this phone on sauriks server. It's never been jb before

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Tlert doesn't work. Conflicts with email app
    weathericon doesn't work. Crashes after install

five collumn spring board doesn't work either. crashes after install
    Last edited by earthsfate; 06-23-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    RedSn0w is an easier option for 3G users and works one Windows and Macs.

4.01 fixes iBook issues
    It's pretty odd how GM Candidate had iBooks working perfectly, then on the final official build it somehow messes it up. xD

I just noticed Dev-Team pumped out 4.01 Pwnage Tool too, amazing bunch! You've saved the day yet again Dev-Team! Thanks!
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

^ Redsn0w is updated, so iBooks problem is fixed!
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

I am on bootrom 5.13.04 and on 4.0

I know my shsh or blob file or whatever is not saved on cydia as this phone has never been jailbroken, can i still downgrade and jailbreak or am i sol?

thanks guys

Thanks

I have the custom iOS4 IPSW file. If I update my 3GS to this, will this change my base base from 5.11.07? I actually want to unlock this phone and sell it soon. So I want to make sure I don't kill my unlocking chances.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    ^ Redsn0w is updated, so iBooks problem is fixed!
    Haha when I first read that I thought Apple had already thrown out a 4.01 update to fix their iBooks issue.

But just noticed it's an update to the Pwnage Tool to fix that iBook issue.

Well here we go again! If only I could get my freaking boot logos to actually work at 320x480.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone would be able to tell me if you use ultrasn0w just once with your phone, you "forever" lose your Push Notification and you have to find a Push Fix on Cydia? Reason is I lost carrier yesterday after downgrading to 3.1.2 and once I got it all back up I only got the carrier back after installing ultrasn0w.. Then now I restored to factory 4.0 and Push still doesn't work.. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayWheelz View Post
    I have the custom iOS4 IPSW file. If I update my 3GS to this, will this change my base base from 5.11.07? I actually want to unlock this phone and sell it soon. So I want to make sure I don't kill my unlocking chances.
    If it's custom, then you should be fine since it'll preserve your baseband. Even if it DID update it (Which it won't) you won't be missing out on an unlock since ultrasn0w unlocks EVERY baseband up to date. So for now, your safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4key View Post
    Anyone would be able to tell me if you use ultrasn0w just once with your phone, you "forever" lose your Push Notification and you have to find a Push Fix on Cydia? Reason is I lost carrier yesterday after downgrading to 3.1.2 and once I got it all back up I only got the carrier back after installing ultrasn0w.. Then now I restored to factory 4.0 and Push still doesn't work.. Anyone have any ideas?
    The way push works is that upon seeing the "Activation" process, if you have an AT&T SIM. Apple verifies this and then sends you a unique certificate which is what allows the phone to receive push notifications in the first place.

If however, you have say a T-Mobile SIM card upon Activation, it cannot verify your SIM, so basically hacktivating it I believe just lets you skip this step all completely but in return you don't have a unique push certificate.

No, there's not a permanent way to mess up push since you can just restore and try again and even so, there's apps like Push Fix (Which came out first and its the one I use) or Push Doctor that can help you fix this.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaiV3R For This Useful Post:

JayWheelz (06-23-2010), kellyvt (06-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally! Great work, as usual. Congrats and TNX again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

Update: For anyone who saw iBooks problems after redsn0w beta, try the latest one (see update #2 at Dev-Team Blog - all four one! )

Just one day after the relase of iOS 4.0, the Dev-Team has done it once again. Not only did they release an unlock tool the day iOS 4 came out, they have now released a brand new version of PwnageTool for creating custom iOS 4.0 firmware packages. This means almost everyone can get on board now. *almost everybody.

As per usual, the same instructions apply that have always been the case with PwnageTool. Follow the onscreen instructions just as they say. Within a few minutes you will have a custom firmware package to install. But don't get too far ahead of yourself. You need to scroll down and read the instructions provided by the Dev-Team.

If you have been tinkering with the unofficial release of PwnageTool 4.0, we strongly urge you to restore and use this version instead as the leaked version did not include patches that are required for ultrasn0w unlock.

Download PwnageTool 4.0 for Mac:
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    Mediafire

*PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY!
    Dear Staff, I own Apple iPhone 3GS. As you probably understand I upgraded purposely following the guide on the website www.unlockediphone.info/members/iOS4/3GSWinJail..., which is you know the outcome. The outcome is dark and I see the light somewhere. I live in different country so in a way I won't be having chance to insert AT&T sim card in order to get rid of that lock. This iphone was once jailbroken & unlocked, but I run spirit over the blackrain since I was fed up tethering jailbreak & unlock every boot time, without reading the guide through. So I wondered around up to this day, paid to above mentioned website, there is a line saying: 4.0.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone. So I restored with given IPSW, just wanted to kick off the jailbreak as I found out there isn't any for new bootrom, all of them designed for old bootroms or not upgraded to 3.1.3 yet ones. So please assist or help to the one with bricked phone. Let happiness rule the world, just google how to make the person happy, I bet you will find one with saying unlock the iphone. Isn't it cool my man. Tell me what to do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey RaiV3R thx for the reply. That's what I thought myself and after restoring to factory 4.0 with my AT&T SIM inside, Setup as a New Phone, it even said iPhone Is Activated.. But no push, I launched pingchat and that's when a warning came up saying about not being able to authenticate with apple push server.. Then I tested beejive and nothing either.. Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

3GS keep crashing Cydia after Pwning...have tried to restore custom ipsw again but no luck...

It crashes as soon as I tap the icon...

anybody is on the same boat with me? Any solution??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will this unlock ALL iPhone 3GS if they've never been unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey auwkeung, the default repo for Cydia installer in 4.0.1 Pwnage Tool is outdated. You'll need to add this repo in Pwnage Tool to get the latest Cydia installer: http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-...s-arm/Packages . Anyone having trouble with multi-tasking? is this known?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

auwkeung (06-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default change from 3.0 to 4.0
    I have 3.0.1 how would I go about getting 4.0 running windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    hey auwkeung, the default repo for Cydia installer in 4.0.1 Pwnage Tool is outdated. You'll need to add this repo in Pwnage Tool to get the latest Cydia installer: http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-...s-arm/Packages . Anyone having trouble with multi-tasking? is this known?
    yeah, having problems with multi-tasking. 16gb 3gs, 4.0 pwned with pwnage tool 4.0

Green Apple
    Thanks
    how to use Pwnage tool?
    Any one help pls !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

we are still waiting for the release of non-mac user

sad to say i dont have mac