+ Reply
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
After messing around with this for over an hour, I was finally able to successfully install the custom 4.0 firmware. Here's what I did: Iphone 3GS 3.3.1 (Old Bootrom) Legit
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After messing around with this for over an hour, I was finally able to successfully install the custom 4.0 firmware. Here's what I did:

Iphone 3GS 3.3.1 (Old Bootrom) Legit activation

I downgraded to 3.2.1 Firmware using DFU mode and when I got a 1604 error in iTunes, I used Blackra1n to jailbreak it. I then put the phone into DFU mode and restored using the customized 4.0 firmware. It received a 1600 error, so I put the phone into recovery mode (with the connect to iTunes logo) and tried again. The firmware installed with no errors and was jailbroken. Hope this helps!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick2887 For This Useful Post:

e1allen2 (06-22-2010), igarys (06-22-2010), prootZ (06-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    has anyone tried to restore to a pwnd ios4 on a 3gs that was jaiklbroken with spirit yet?
    Said on the first page you couldn't if you had used Spirit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick2887 View Post
    After messing around with this for over an hour, I was finally able to successfully install the custom 4.0 firmware. Here's what I did:

I downgraded to 3.2.1 Firmware using DFU mode and when I got a 1604 error in iTunes, I used Blackra1n to jailbreak it. I then put the phone into DFU mode and restored using the customized 4.0 firmware. It received a 1600 error, so I put the phone into recovery mode (with the connect to iTunes logo) and tried again. The firmware installed with no errors and was jailbroken. Hope this helps!
    I never jailbroke my phone but I'll try it. The "Preparing Iphone for restore" took like 10 mins to be done then it gave me error 1604. Ima try again and see what happens
    Last edited by igarys; 06-22-2010 at 08:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If You have a old or new boot rom already jailbroken with *spirit* and you need to unlock your phone just run untrasn0w it will unlock it for you....this will work till devteam comes out with os4 support for iphone 3Gs support

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

is it just my impatience but does it seem to always hang at the very end? I have old bootloader, 3Gs, and tried 4.0 custom, 3.1.2 custom and it stops at the very end. I have my shsh on Cydia but it stops always at the same spot. Going to see if I let it run for an hour but if not then I will have to do a regular restore and hope geohot's jailbreak and unlock can work....
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    Said on the first page you couldn't if you had used Spirit.
    Originally I used Spirit to jailbreak to 3.3.1 and when I tried restoring using the custom 4.0 firmware, it wouldn't take. I figured the Spirit jailbreak had something to do with it, so I downgraded to 3.2.1 firmware and used BlackRa1n to jailbreak it.

A small issue I just ran into: I opened Cydia for the first time after installing custom 4.0 and it wouldn't load (was just a black screen). I turned the phone off, then on and it loaded fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So my question is.. I got 3GS, updated last nite to 4.0.. I got the phone 1st day it came out, checked with f0recast, it's the old bootrom according to everything I've read.. I'm on Windows, would anyone on a MAC be able to create a custom IPSW and upload it somewhere so us 3GS users with old bootrom could restore it from iTunes? Is that even possible.. it seems it is since the instructions says that if you're on the old bootrom with 3GS all you need to do is restore via iTunes with the custom one.. Thx in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Originally I used Spirit to jailbreak to 3.3.1 and when I tried restoring using the custom 4.0 firmware, it wouldn't take. I figured the Spirit jailbreak had something to do with it, so I downgraded to 3.2.1 firmware and used BlackRa1n to jailbreak it.

A small issue I just ran into: I opened Cydia for the first time after installing custom 4.0 and it wouldn't load (was just a black screen). I turned the phone off, then on and it loaded fine.
    Oh its probably my bootloader than...I have 6.4. What do you have?

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4key View Post
    So my question is.. I got 3GS, updated last nite to 4.0.. I got the phone 1st day it came out, checked with f0recast, it's the old bootrom according to everything I've read.. I'm on Windows, would anyone on a MAC be able to create a custom IPSW and upload it somewhere so us 3GS users with old bootrom could restore it from iTunes? Is that even possible.. it seems it is since the instructions says that if you're on the old bootrom with 3GS all you need to do is restore via iTunes with the custom one.. Thx in advance!
    they did on page 16 or so

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on jailbroken 4.0 GM, any reason to update to the public 4.0??

iPhone? More like MyPhone capttanhowdy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacJax50 View Post
    If your phone is stuck like mine at this recovery bar? how do you get it past or fix it? Also anyway to kick it out of recovery and dfu mode while on a mac? or no?
    i ran blackra1n to get it to reboot and it got me back to normal screen so I can try again... but still get the 1600 eror

13. The Following User Says Thank You to capttanhowdy For This Useful Post:

MacJax50 (06-22-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    they did on page 16 or so
    I was reading it but it seems like you cannot post the links here and it got deleted..? Ahh!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried your process. When Blackra1n completed, it says to wait for the reboot.

Am looking at a black screen and have been for about 3-4 minutes.

Am I suppose to wait for the phone to reboot, or proceed to DFU mode?

Where is he customized 4.0 firmware you speak of?

Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a holes! always on old bootrom! they never make a way fro the new ones!

iPhone? More like MyPhone capttanhowdy's Avatar
    Thanks

Every friggin time I go to load the custom fmwr as soon as it says preping iphone for restore i get the connect to itunes logo and the 1600 or 1604 error! GRRRRRR Anyone konw how to get past this so I can load the custom frmwr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey View Post
    is it just my impatience but does it seem to always hang at the very end? I have old bootloader, 3Gs, and tried 4.0 custom, 3.1.2 custom and it stops at the very end. I have my shsh on Cydia but it stops always at the same spot. Going to see if I let it run for an hour but if not then I will have to do a regular restore and hope geohot's jailbreak and unlock can work....
    I had a similar problem. If you have purchased wi-fi sync, uninstall it from your computer. It was causing hanging at the very end of os installations.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    is a non spirit 359.3.2 bootrom jailbreakable to 4.0?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    I'm on jailbroken 4.0 GM, any reason to update to the public 4.0??
    No, its the same build number so its identical to the public release. Don't waste your time.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

brianlg (06-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacJax50 View Post
    was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and followed all the rules and my phone sat in itunes for an hour with a smidge left when i tried to restore in recovery mode.. then I got the phone into DFU mode and now i get error 1600... please help..
    Same problem here . Solution anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddychay23 View Post
    Same problem here . Solution anyone?
    You have wifi sync installed on your computer?