Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question??? Please help. I have an iPhone 4 that I am supposed to get tomorrow. I want to sell my old 3G on eBay to pay for the new phone. I think I may be able to get more cash for it if I jailbreak it and have it unlockable. I have always been on AT&T and have never had mine unlocked. Will I be able to unlock mine using this tool. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just really don't know much about unlocking phones. Thank in advance.

was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and followed all the rules and my phone sat in itunes for an hour with a smidge left when i tried to restore in recovery mode.. then I got the phone into DFU mode and now i get error 1600... please help..

Default iFile and MiWi compatible???
    All i wanna know is if iFile and MiWi is compatible with this new OS. Those are the two most important jailbreak programs i rely on. Can't live without root access to my phone or tethering. Also Safari downloader and Youtube downloader compatibility would be GREAT as well!! Anyone tried yet... anyone know... ANYBODY...???

what does it mean to have the old bootrom? im going to jailbreak my cousins 3GS. can anyoone tell me where to find the bootrom?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright screw this. I'll just wait for Geohot or Redsn0w. Custom firmwares never work for me because itunes always give me bullcrap errors

Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey View Post
    For that 1600 error, I have the same thing, just disconnect and reconnect and try again, I am in the process of it loading now.
    I have retried like 8 times. Just stays on the connect to itunes screen

hmmm it looked like it was taking the firmware but it didn;t and it showed back up as 3.1.3

I have the firmware 04.26.08

I shouldn't have this problem with the 1600 Error.

anyone have ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacJax50 View Post
    was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and followed all the rules and my phone sat in itunes for an hour with a smidge left when i tried to restore in recovery mode.. then I got the phone into DFU mode and now i get error 1600... please help..
    +1
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

ok i just restored my iphone 3gs to 3.1.3 now how to i jailbreak it so i can use with pwnage tool? someplease help asap thank you all!!

I think I figured out the Error 1600!

I didn't put my phone in DFU or Recovery mode after i made the custom file.

I just went to my iphone's normal page and OPTION Clicked RESTORE and chose the new custom firmware.

I repeat, I DID NOT have my phone in Recovery or DFU mode and it's working.

If your phone is stuck like mine at this recovery bar? how do you get it past or fix it? Also anyway to kick it out of recovery and dfu mode while on a mac? or no?

My phone automatically kicked it out of recovery mode somehow.

I kept disconnected the USB and reconnecting and it kicked it out of recovery mode eventually.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

If anyone gets a 16## error try again should work second time did for me. Also once installed if you don't have no signal run the unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReliq View Post
    All i wanna know is if iFile and MiWi is compatible with this new OS. Those are the two most important jailbreak programs i rely on. Can't live without root access to my phone or tethering. Also Safari downloader and Youtube downloader compatibility would be GREAT as well!! Anyone tried yet... anyone know... ANYBODY...???
    non of those apps is working in IOS4,,, better wait for pwn4ever or the next spirit.... by that time all cydia apps will be working...

Just used it, was able to restore to custom IPSW. I allowed itunes to restore a previous backup when i was running 3.12 firmware. To my surprise Tethering was still active from the last jailbreak.

Just curious. What if you have an old bootrom 3GS, but you jailbroke it at 3.1.3 with Spirit?

What other software is out to jailbreak 3gs on 3.1.3

has anyone tried to restore to a pwnd ios4 on a 3gs that was jaiklbroken with spirit yet?

Sweet, Great job guys. I am not too sure how to use the pwnage tool as I was windows based. Now I just picked up a mac. I think I'll wait for the Pwnd4life to come around

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast