+ Reply
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
mr117: I agree with a lot of things with your post. My situation is different though. I had a 3GS /w old bootom jb and unlocked on 3.1.2 that I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mr117: I agree with a lot of things with your post. My situation is different though.

I had a 3GS /w old bootom jb and unlocked on 3.1.2 that I had dropped and needed a new motherboard bc it wouldnt get signal. So I sold it for parts and bought another 3GS that was not upgraded to 3.1.3. Well a week later it was stuck on the apple logo trying to force me to restore, but like an idiot, I forgot to put SHSHs onfile. The last 2.5 months my 3GS has been in my bookbag. I just want a working iphone. All the custom apps got frustrating after a while anyway. I mostly used qtweeter and a few VNC apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

oh, just saw the new post. now this is confusing. so it should or should not have "restore" in the ipsw name?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmm, I would be extremely happy if someone could help a windows guy out with a 3gs 4.0 file jailbroken with no hacktivation or custom logos or anything..... pretty please?

Thanks

Here's a list of what works and what doesn't. If you don't read it, don't complain when your stuff doesn't work after you hurry to put 4 on your phone.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...g&f=true&gid=1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As I posted earlier, I just ran Pwnage Tool on my 32GB 3GS, which was on 3.1.3, and had the 05.11.07 baseband. I built the custom IPSW, unchecking "Activate", since I'm on an official carrier, and I missed checking the "Enable baseband update" box.

I successfully restored the phone, which activated itself, and proceeded to set up the phone as new. Right now it's busy with the sync. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhernandez860 View Post
    Mines jailbreaking but keeps leaving me with no service
    dont forget to download ultrasnow in cydia and reinstall. I forgot this and was trying to figure it out for about 20 mins.

everything worked fine with. Upgraded from 3.1.3 w/baseband 4.26. Winterboard has been bugy, however.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just thought I'd share my experience with Jailbreaking iOS 4 on 3GS...

I have a 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.4 & iTunes 9.2
    I had a 3GS with old boot rom, previously on Jailbroken 3.1.2 using Pwnage Tool.
    I created a custom iOS 4 IPSW using Pwnage Tool 4.
    Option+Click Restore in iTune and choose my Custom IPSW.
    iPhone begins restoration process but progress bar on iPhone Screen does not go past 2/3 of the way. Left for over an hour...no change. Put iPhone in DFU mode....same issue. Used VMware Fusion to load Windows 7 and used Windows iTunes to restore....same issue.

Tried all of the above with official IPSW iOS4 & 3.1.2...same issue

Rebooted MacBook to boot Windows 7 and used Windows iTunes to restore using custom IPSW....SUCCESS!!!

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Thanks

A bit confused here.....I have a 3G[S](Old Bootrom/3.1.3 ipsw/Spirit JB).....I'm not understanding why I can't JB via pwnage because I have used Spirit. Spirit, being a userland JB, wouldn't have any affect on a custom ipsw one might presume.....Is there anything that I can do to upgrade to a iOS 4(JB)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    damn! multitasking problem on my 3G!
    jailbroken with redsn0w, and now if I double press home button it's shows a black dock :S
    Do you have winterboard installed? If so try deleting it and then it should work..at least that did the trick for me..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank god for the Dev Team!!!! thank you guys soooooo much!! PwnageTool 4.0 worked like a charm as always

3G 3.1.3 JB ----> 3G 4.0 JB no problems at all!!!!!!
    OS X 10.5.8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I've got 4.0 official jailbroken so if you upgraded and are on 3GS it's OK.

**HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

Go there and get back jailbroken on 4.0!
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Question: What do we do now for Internet Tethering ? It's now asking me to contact AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Totally Noob question, hate me lol
    Ok here it is, i have an Iphone 3gs, 16GB, unlocked! i bought this phone from a guy on Craigslist. I have Cydia and Icy apps on my phone if that means anything. I came from Blackberry storm..so im NEW to all of this upgrading stuff! i know nothing about anything iphone related. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. ( like i said i know nothing!!) im cumputer literate, if you wanna know anything about a blackberry ill school you but iphone is my achillies heel. plz plz plz!

BTW: im using T-Mobile if that helps!
    Last edited by J0ej0e; 06-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

bada bing bada boom iOS4 is in the room

Thanks Dev Team it was worth the wait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Just thought I'd share my experience with Jailbreaking iOS 4 on 3GS...

I have a 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.4 & iTunes 9.2
    I had a 3GS with old boot rom, previously on Jailbroken 3.1.2 using Pwnage Tool.
    I created a custom iOS 4 IPSW using Pwnage Tool 4.
    Option+Click Restore in iTune and choose my Custom IPSW.
    iPhone begins restoration process but progress bar on iPhone Screen does not go past 2/3 of the way. Left for over an hour...no change. Put iPhone in DFU mode....same issue. Used VMware Fusion to load Windows 7 and used Windows iTunes to restore....same issue.

Tried all of the above with official IPSW iOS4 & 3.1.2...same issue

Rebooted MacBook to boot Windows 7 and used Windows iTunes to restore using custom IPSW....SUCCESS!!!

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
    Had the same issue with another 3G[S] last week....never tried to fix it with Windows 7 though...had it replaced through Apple however....

Thanks

@mvhurlburt for sone reason unless you were "pwned" with the dev team's tools on 3.2.3 you can't use this to jb. I'm in your same situation! No jb for me YET.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J0ej0e View Post
    Ok here it is, i have an Iphone 3gs, 16GB, unlocked! i bought this phone from a guy on Craigslist. I have Cydia and Icy apps on my phone if that means anything. I came from Blackberry storm..so im NEW to all of this upgrading stuff! i know nothing about anything iphone related. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. ( like i said i know nothing!!) im cumputer literate, if you wanna know anything about a blackberry ill school you but iphone is my achillies heel. plz plz plz!
    **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

I Just finished a thread on how to get jailbroken from 4.0 official on a 3GS. The problem is that phone MAY NOT have blobs on Cydia, but the good news is that IT MIGHT so try it! Just because you didn't put them there doesn't mean they are not there.

Thanks

Sorry meant 3.1.3 lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J0ej0e View Post
    first of all go to your settings then about and tell us what your firmware, baseband and moderm are?

What network you on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsanchez View Post
    @mvhurlburt for sone reason unless you were "pwned" with the dev team's tools on 3.2.3 you can't use this to jb. I'm in your same situation! No jb for me YET.
    Nope, go to my link. I just backed my 32gb 3GS out of 4.0 official back into 3.1.2 blackra1n'd then pwned 4.0 FW. You just have to have a device that has blobs on Cydia and there is a good chance that many DO from the previous owner so it's worth a try folks!