Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Retail Packaging Pic Heightens iPhone 4 Fever

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Leaked Retail Packaging Pic Heightens iPhone 4 Fever

In roughly twenty-four hours, many iPhone 4 buyers will receive their updated Apple smartphone. Following news early this morning that Apple has begun emailing some customers to notify them that their delivery will arrive ahead of schedule on Wednesday, June 23rd, thousands are clinging to hope of a potential early delivery. But, as it turns out, we won't have to wait until tomorrow or even Thursday to catch a glimpse of the iPhone 4's retail packaging.

Exciting the masses with a photo of the iPhone in its sleek packaging, an unknown "tipster" sent Engadget the above photo, with an inference that the iPhone inventory has already begun arriving at Walmart's warehouses. As we all know, Walmart will be among the handful of retailers to carry the iPhone 4 on the first day of availability - an unprecedented move in the history of new iPhone releases. Best Buy and Radio Shack will similarly have the device come Thursday.

Incredibly, while we've all seen pictures and demonstrations of the new iPhone and even enjoyed the new iOS, this simple picture of the box in which the iPhone 4 is packed has excited many beyond belief within the tech blogosphere. Indeed, all signs point iPhone 4 fever becoming a massive epidemic for which the only known cure is the delivery of the actual device. And, from the looks of it, the "cure" is coming for many. First month sales estimates for the iPhone 4 could even blow the juggernaut success of the iPad out of that water. And that's saying something, considering that just today Apple announced that it sold its three millionth iPad yesterday, just 80 days after its official US release.

Image via Engadget

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (06-22-2010), LEVMAN (06-22-2010)

saw this on engadget this morning. cants wait!

Thanks

Seems to be alot of unknown "tipster"(s) these days, guess nobody wants to have their home and office raided.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tremerone For This Useful Post:

1PM@N!O (06-22-2010)

Saw this earlier and it looks legit. But I don't understand why they'd have a white box for a black iPhone. Doesn't make sense and goes against what they've done in the past. :shrugs:

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

cdma?? does anyone else see that in the picture? im sure it means something else but it makes me chuckle non the less

A photo of the box has been available on Apple's website since the iPhone 4 announcement. Not sure why this is news...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    cdma?? does anyone else see that in the picture? im sure it means something else but it makes me chuckle non the less
    thats something made by pioneer, not related to iphone..

and i think they chose the while box to make the phones new sleek design stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    Its for an LG phone behind it (according to engadget). But you KNOW the person taking that pic did that on purpose to eff with people lol

Thats an LG box
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    thats something made by pioneer, not related to iphone..
    still think its good for a laugh

Thanks

I'm so excited to get mine.

i now see that there is 2 different boxes.. >.<

cant wait!

dont mean to turn this post a diferent way but my picture of the box will be posted soon...just got this off fedex website and even called ad they confirmed my package is on vehicle for delivery :-)

Jun 22, 2010 8:26 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryNORTH LAS VEGAS, NV

The DEH pioneer is a head unit car stereo box...not real sure on the CDMA thing as it looks to be another box next to it.I have a similar HU for my boat.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

wonder what the white model packaging looks like.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Saw this earlier and it looks legit. But I don't understand why they'd have a white box for a black iPhone. Doesn't make sense and goes against what they've done in the past. :shrugs:
    You're shrugging because part of the box is white? Is that a joke?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Its for an LG phone behind it (according to engadget). But you KNOW the person taking that pic did that on purpose to eff with people lol
    That's like saying they put the Pioneer in dash unit behind them to screw with it. It's a BestBuy, whadda ya expect to be back there, cupcakes?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That's like saying they put the Pioneer in dash unit behind them to screw with it. It's a BestBuy, whadda ya expect to be back there, cupcakes?
    Clearly you were blinded by the pic but it clearly says it was a walmart not best buy lol #jus sayin!

EDIT lol so being a walmart it could have cupcakes back there!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CByrdie For This Useful Post:

johnr9412 (06-22-2010)

I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Apple - iPhone 4 - Size, weight, battery life, and other specs
    It shows that box right on apple's site for a long time. Scroll down and where it says in the box.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast