Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple : iPhone 4 Delivery Will Occur June 23rd... For Some

I should have shipped mine instead of picking it up

Cool, I'll be selling mine by the 23rd for $1,500.00 to some lucky rich fanboy :-)

so since i ordered it on the 17th mean that this doesn't include me? i got all excited too.

Got the mail too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Then whats the point of Apple sending out all these emails? I mean the hassle and problems pre-orders already caused, this will just get people more mad if it's a lie. Maybe they requested FedEx to halt shipment for a day, but they couldn't so those whose iPhone is at FedEx is getting shipped out?
    A classic example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. That is a common problem with big companies. Its not like this whole thing hasn't been riddled with issues anyway. I certainly don't know the answer for sure but it did happen this way two years ago. Maybe someone that was around then will remember and chime in. Regardless, if you folks do get yours ahead of everyone else, consider yourself very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCane View Post
    Can anyone else really confirm this happening to them? Why would they tell you it's coming on the 23rd if they are going to hold it until the 24th. Not saying you're lying just don't understand why send this email. I really hope I get mine on the 23rd!!!
    They are not going to hold any shipments. They decided to let them go through on the 23rd to try and reduce any issues with activation chaos on the 24th by letting those phones able to be delivered by the 23rd to go through to their destination.

Many FedEx shipments still reflect the 24th date as the shipment date for their phone, because of the hold restriction Apple imposed on most phones originally. This restriction has been released by Apple and Apple has attempted to email those whose shipment dates will now be moved up to the 23rd. They sent the email out because the FedEx shipment date on their website may not be updated with the restriction release till the morning of the 23rd when the phone actual goes out on the truck for final delivery. This would not be good for many who planned on being there for the shipment, or need to get their signature authorization on their door a day earlier.

I would expect there will be 10's of thousands of iPhones in hand on the 23rd - hope this does alleviate some activation issues.

------

Not to mention FedEx trying to delivery 500,000+ extra packages in one day ...not possible, not even during Christmas time with extra hire help!!!
    Last edited by bzpilot; 06-22-2010 at 02:22 AM.

This year iPhone 4 is totally diff. from 3g. Too many of them. Fedex won't be able to deliver 1st batch in even 2days so they called apple about it and since it already gets here they both agreed to get it out 1 day earlier. Everybody happy including myself

Damn this is quick I just got the e-mail and wanted to see if others got the good news and there is already a thread about it.
    Last edited by lividian1; 06-22-2010 at 02:27 AM.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my shippment notice today.... Hope I'm one of the lucky few!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn I wish I had a job I'm broke. 

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iím soooo jealous right now !!!

Would FEDEX deliver it earlier? I am in Anchorage and my phone is at the FEDEX hub down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by bzpilot View Post
    They are not going to hold any shipments. They decided to let them go through on the 23rd to try and reduce any issues with activation chaos on the 24th by letting those phones able to be delivered by the 23rd to go through to their destination.

Many FedEx shipments still reflect the 24th date as the shipment date for their phone, because of the hold restriction Apple imposed on most phones originally. This restriction has been released by Apple and Apple has attempted to email those whose shipment dates will now be moved up to the 23rd. They sent the email out because the FedEx shipment date on their website may not be updated with the restriction release till the morning of the 23rd when the phone actual goes out on the truck for final delivery. This would not be good for many who planned on being there for the shipment, or need to get their signature authorization on their door a day earlier.

I would expect there will be 10's of thousands of iPhones in hand on the 23rd - hope this does alleviate some activation issues.

------

Not to mention FedEx trying to delivery 500,000+ extra packages in one day ...not possible, not even during Christmas time with extra hire help!!!
    For those who took a day off or something, they can always pre-sign from the apple order page.

Anyone have any idea why my phone order was canceled tonight by apple. Has anyone else had this happen?

anyone from at&t receive a email like this? anyone from at&t have their fedex numbers work yet?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azulfuego View Post
    Anyone have any idea why my phone order was canceled tonight by apple. Has anyone else had this happen?

Apple : iPhone 4 Delivery Will Occur June 23rd... For Some
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

OMG I just received that email! So happy!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going to call ATT store tomorrow to see if I can pick up my iphone on the 23th if they got it available.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

got the e-mail

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Initiated

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Please check back later for shipment status or subscribe for e-mail notifications
    Shipment Dates
    Anticipated ship date Jun 20, 2010
    Estimated delivery Jun 22, 2010 by 3:00 PM
    Destination
    PALM BAY, FL

I highly doubt that this is accurate, there's no way I'll get it tomorrow!!!!
    Last edited by Buffalano; 06-22-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast