+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Is Back! One Exploit To Rule them All! pwned4life pwnd

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Whatever..... geohot is not the only one with brains. someone else will get there....us mere mortals will just have to ride it out
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Whatever..... geohot is not the only one with brains. someone else will get there....us mere mortals will just have to ride it out
    3G vs 3G'S' is like comparing a standard BMW to an 'M-Tech' version of the same car. They pretty much look identical, but it's whole 'nother beast beneath the shell.
    The 'S' is for 'Sheer' Power.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You guys probably bug him every sec in a minute and every minute in an hour. I bet he has everything done but doesn't feel like releasing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im not one to hate on talented individuals, but why announce such a controversial exploit-knowing a huge number of people will be waiting for it-and turn around to say he won't release? its either he's on apple's payroll, or this is pure douchebaggery.

just sayin.

Thanks

So wy post to hate on him then?
    He never said, correct me if I am wrong, that he had a JB, just an exploit which may be used for jailbreaking. Having an exploit and actually turning it into a working JB are two different things.
    When Sherif Hashim found the exploit for the unlock he shared it with me - that did not mean I had an unlock.
    I believe Posix has this exploit and is working on a JB but it's a tethered JB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was simply expressing frustration. i spent my savings on a phone i cant even use on my carrier yet, so naturally after waiting for pwned4life and seeing his twitter post i was upset.
    that doesnt mean i dont respect him or value his work or recognize his intelligence. but how do you know posix is working on this? how do we know for sure that posix's jb doesnt become another "pwned4life"?
    Last edited by beatmac; 06-24-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: more questions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there friends... I am in 3gs 3,1,3 / new bootroom, i heard about the new reales of geohot, but i am a little slow to understand,
    if i updrate it to os4 is it possible to unlock my phone then or not ? or should i wait for unlock for 3gs ? i have jk it with spirit and works great.. ?? help pleas !

Thanks

@ beatmac it's not his job to deliver anything at anytime , nor is it his fault u purchased a phone u cant use yet...geohot said he was comin with pwn4life but didn't say hey buy phones now! So expression of your frustrations should be directed toward you for purchasing a device without knowing when or how it will be usable for you...or sucks because u couldn't get official carrier

8. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (06-25-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

LoL @ people hating on GeoHotz, I haven't seen you guys doing him any favors..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm guessing no one is that worried about this :P:

Leaked iPhone 4 and iOS4 Secrets

Green Apple
    Thanks

That 7 - 14 day baseband check has me a little bit worried. If this is true your warranty will be void and you wont even know about it.

On the other hand, I can't really take someone seriously if their name is "Alpha" so i'll wait till this info comes from a reliable source.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Geo always has our back. The world just wouldn't be the world w/o JB. thaks again Geo
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

Green Apple
    Thanks

geohot:In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.
    10:06 PM Jun 23rd via web
    source: George Hotz (geohot) on Twitter

I think geohot got big money from Apple for not releasing any jailbreak and keep talking lie that he can jailbreak new iphone..so people get hope the geohot will release jailbreak soon...and they buy new iPhones..and by that way..apple & att makes big money...geohot gets his part of money..and he keep saying lies to people..

Thanks

^ another one who has no idea what he's talking about
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow the hating around here is ridiculous. Everyone should have known that it wouldn't be out day 1 of the iphone launch. I think we were spoiled last year because we did get it right away. People just need to learn to be a little patient.

Anyone thinking Geohot is on Apple's payroll needs to jump off a bridge. Heaven forbid the guy pursues other interests for a week.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3lly View Post
    Heaven forbid the guy pursues other interests for a week.
    Agreed.
    People have no patience. I am sure his life does not revolve around making the jailbreak for the iPhone community.
    I think all the jailbreaks he has given the community has spoiled the majority if JBers, now instead of being patient and respectful, some of us act like spoiled brats.

bottom line is the man does an amazing job of putting these JBs together for us, so lets do our job by being patient and wait for it to come with dignity.
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Green Apple
    Thanks

He ia great, so stop ask him when, when,when,when.. I also want JB but, if he said: i have exploit.. Then when he finish all job it will be out!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea i see that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

10 pages of pure speculation.

I did find this fun to read. It's as good as all the JFK conspiracy theories.

Maybe Oliver Stone will do a movie on Geo too!

Stop pissing and moaning about a JB for the new iphone and stirring up the Mob. It will happen when it will happen, either by the Dev Team, Geo, or some one else.

Remember patience is a virtue. This definitely applies to new technology and the hacking world. It's a game of cat and mouse. Release it to soon and the exploit can be blocked.

Hell I'll even drop a speculation.

Maybe Geo is waiting to see what exploits are being used by the other Dev teams used for a JB. Apple will patch that, then he will release his JB.

Chew on that for a bit...

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I want him to bring back my otheros to my ps3.

I wouldn't expect any jailbreak from nim anytime soon.

Thanks

Hi Res Cydia on the iPhone 4 Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter