+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Is Back! One Exploit To Rule them All! pwned4life pwnd

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by virtusaeterna Geohot has delivered more than any other typical 'dev'. That is what sets him apart from the others; the fact that he actually delivers. He's done
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virtusaeterna View Post
    Geohot has delivered more than any other typical 'dev'. That is what sets him apart from the others; the fact that he actually delivers.

He's done a lot more, in recent times, than most others out there. Who cares what he 'baits' us with, the matter of fact is that he's delivered more. I don't care if he baits us ten times for every product he releases (10:1 ratio). Still better than baiting us once with no release.

AND another fact - trustworthy or not, deliverer or not, he's all we have, pretty much.
    I'm not downplaying Spirit, but it took a while to get here, no?
    What did everyone else do? They relied Geohot.
    Did they want to? Maybe yes, maybe no. But where else would they have gone? Who would they have turned to?

Admittedly, Geohot is not the only person this time releasing something. But then again, for us new bootrom 3GS users, he is.

But yeah. I swear. This guy is like Steve Jobs' direct adversary..
    Hes also reading this thread drop it like its Hotz on em before the Dev Team Geo

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Donate to me, Ill Tell you I have a JB coming and I'll even post a video. I just hope you don't mind that I don't release the jailbreak until i feel like it. But that video will get a million hits on youtube and people will know me.

I know Geohot is damn smart. He Just isn't trust worthy. I wish people wouldn't get their hopes up and start posting angry post when Geo hasn't updated his blog about the jailbreak in months and the blog becomes full of trolls linking stupid people to malware saying its geohots latest hack but Geo was busy so he asked them to link it, or some unknown Programer is like a god and has been secretly working with geohot on this project and is releasing it because Geo is too busy. The PS3 blog has more trolls then a "Im beautiful on the inside support group"
    This logic is flawed. Basically EVERY key dev/hacker in the iDevice community has in the past and/or is currently sitting on exploits at one point in time or another. Every single one of them only releases their jailbreaks when they feel like it. You are implying that the Devs should not sit on exploits at all and that they should release them as soon as humanly possible.

If you're going to try and point this finger at Geohot then you had better point it at Comex and everyone else who sat on untethered jailbreaks for the new bootrom for so long.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This guy is too smart. And i didn't understand one word in the video lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Omg while everyone else is trying to make jailbreaks for each firmware he's just gonna shut them all down with one massive jailbreak! He's such a beast. King JB, that should be his new name lol. Btw did he ever release his ps3 hack? I was expecting to be playing some bootleg games by the end of the year? Oh well he'll probably become the king of ps3 hacks as well! Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Antman217 For This Useful Post:

lfc_ (06-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looking forward to this coming out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

He's smart, but lazy. I am so glad the Dev Team has the new Ultrasnow out. Blacksnow, for me, has been a piece of crap that constantly disconnects service, messes up things, and causes me to do a full restore about every 3 to 4 weeks. He develops something half way, doesn't test it, and then doesn't believe when people says it's full of bugs. He's smart for sure, but too immature to really follow through on that. Hopefully he'll mature some day, but my thought is that his pride will get in the way - and quite honestly, many of these posts don't help that swelled head.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    lol.. I really dont understand a dingle word he is talking about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    This guy is too smart. And i didn't understand one word in the video lmao
    Didnt see your post before I commented.. glad to see Im not the only one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He'll release it in The Netherlands I think. Why would he write pwnEd and not just pwnd? NED stands for netherlands so who knows what might come out.

Thanks

"thats the exploit that id use , .. IF i ever deside to do another jailbreak"

heres hoping....
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Thanks

@Zuaro Please stop that crappy speculations, be mature dude. It's hackers lingo.
    Why not in Germany, huh? He'll be there soon.

At topic:
    He'll end as another wonder 'sillicone' kid - bought by mega world corporation (Apple/MS/whatever) or start his own businnes. He's smart byt not stupid, eventually learn what is it all about - $$$ and more $$$$$$.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuaro View Post
    He'll release it in The Netherlands I think. Why would he write pwnEd and not just pwnd? NED stands for netherlands so who knows what might come out.
    i believe he will release it in the internets

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't wait, hope its out soon, this is what im waiting for before i move from 3.1.3 Jailbroken with Spirit up to 4.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Canīt wait.. I knew that he working on something biggggg )

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It will be so freaking cool to have a jailbroken i4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Everyone stfu about the trust s**t lol. I mean look at yourselves your acting like this some kind of serious war going on. z0mg teh traitor. like what are you risking a part from not getting your precious jailbreak which you paid nothing for lol. Damn nerds just calm down lol. It`s just a phone ffs.

All I know is that when I needed a jailbreak and an unlock for my 3GS, geohot provided the fastest and easiest solution first.

So I'll rely on him for my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by edge777 View Post
    He's smart, but lazy. I am so glad the Dev Team has the new Ultrasnow out. Blacksnow, for me, has been a piece of crap that constantly disconnects service, messes up things, and causes me to do a full restore about every 3 to 4 weeks. He develops something half way, doesn't test it, and then doesn't believe when people says it's full of bugs. He's smart for sure, but too immature to really follow through on that. Hopefully he'll mature some day, but my thought is that his pride will get in the way - and quite honestly, many of these posts don't help that swelled head.
    You talk like he owes u something just stfu, he has a life besides unlocking the phones of people like u crying everytime they 'accidently upgrade'.

Quote Originally Posted by mirogster View Post
    @Zuaro Please stop that crappy speculations, be mature dude. It's hackers lingo.
    Why not in Germany, huh? He'll be there soon.

At topic:
    He'll end as another wonder 'sillicone' kid - bought by mega world corporation (Apple/MS/whatever) or start his own businnes. He's smart byt not stupid, eventually learn what is it all about - $$$ and more $$$$$$.
    i agree. I`m pretty sure geohot will eventually start his own company and become a billionaire, its just bound to happen.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 06-22-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so now that the jailbreak has come a long way does the old fact that a freshly installed modified OS run faster than a modded OS after the install? ie - creating a custom firmware and installing it runs better than say... blackra1n modded OS's.

Or does it not matter any more?

Thanks

I luvvvvv this man....!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

geohot the king of jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow watching that presentation reminds me how much I hate code lol. Interesting nevertheless.

Thanks

Can't he be sued or anything, good luck with his "company" after that
    Supporter of the awesome theme creators at ModMyI

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast