+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Is Back! One Exploit To Rule them All! pwned4life pwnd

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rhekt ^geohot is one of those so called "devs" you speak about There's a difference, Geohot actually delivers. If he says he'll release something, he'll release it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    ^geohot is one of those so called "devs" you speak about
    There's a difference, Geohot actually delivers. If he says he'll release something, he'll release it (cough*greenpois0n*cough).

You can say whatever you want, but without Geohot, us non-AT&T users would still be waiting for some miracle from dev-team.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i hope he releases the ps3 FW to bypass the update soon =P

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

there's NO question he knows some intelligent geeky . it comes to the fact the he isn't down for the community. he's down for himself. and that makes him untrustworthy
    Honestly I like that about him. Sorry, I love the dev community but I have a lot of issues with some of the people and groups that it consists of. The current jailbreak "community" consists of a few people who think they run the entire iPhone world. Anybody who doesn't follow their word all of a sudden is against the entire community which is wrong. The jailbreak community is a community of people who work towards one goal: freeing the iPhone(jailbreaking) so everybody can get the most out of their iDevice. In that respect he is definitely down for the community. He doesn't live by the rule of the almighty dev team, so I guess you can say that makes him only down for himself, but in reality that works to the benefit of the ordinary users. Community does not equal dev team.

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't care about who develops my JB, as long as it works flawlessly. GoeHot deserve to be a JB super heroe, but if DevTeam accomplishes it first then they will be the super Heroes of JB.
    Don't start superficial discussions about this. Just wait till a JB is release officially, LET SOMEBODY ELSE jump in first, WAIT TO SEE IF HE DIES... if he still a live and some other foolks do the same, then I'll risk my shiny new iPhone 4.
    That's my 2 cents on this.
    Last edited by Electrodaktylus; 06-21-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supershick View Post
    i hope he releases the ps3 FW to bypass the update soon =P
    Side-project doesn't count lol.

@rhekt: also, people tend to work better when there's an incentive (fame/money).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    There's a difference, Geohot actually delivers. If he says he'll release something, he'll release it (cough*greenpois0n*cough).

You can say whatever you want, but without Geohot, us non-AT&T users would still be waiting for some miracle from dev-team.

*yawn* well whatever you feel susy. cant change your mind. only here to educate.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^geohot is one of those so called "devs" you speak about
    Just wondering.... where is your Jailbreak?

*yawn* well whatever you feel susy. cant change your mind. only here to educate.
    So why don't you "educate" us by showing us YOUR jailbreak sally.
    Last edited by rkswat; 06-21-2010 at 11:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally Posted by itaintrite

Did we forget the custom firmware for the PS3 that was promised? I hope he does release "pwn4life" but I dont think he will until some one else finds the exploit(s) and its a last ditch effort to claim the fame.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Watched the video 5 hours ago... didn't really understand a word, but it makes me want to donate to him anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Just wondering.... where is your Jailbreak?

So why don't you "educate" us by showing us YOUR jailbreak sally.
    go back to your hole gimp. adults are speaking here.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyanWS View Post
    Watched the video 5 hours ago... didn't really understand a word, but it makes me want to donate to him anyways
    Donate to me, Ill Tell you I have a JB coming and I'll even post a video. I just hope you don't mind that I don't release the jailbreak until i feel like it. But that video will get a million hits on youtube and people will know me.

I know Geohot is damn smart. He Just isn't trust worthy. I wish people wouldn't get their hopes up and start posting angry post when Geo hasn't updated his blog about the jailbreak in months and the blog becomes full of trolls linking stupid people to malware saying its geohots latest hack but Geo was busy so he asked them to link it, or some unknown Programer is like a god and has been secretly working with geohot on this project and is releasing it because Geo is too busy. The PS3 blog has more trolls then a "Im beautiful on the inside support group"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

sonofray (06-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

go back to your hole gimp. adults are speaking here.
    You can read my full opinion on the page before this but seriously, all you are doing is trying to downplay GeoHot. You aren't educating anyone about anything. Like I said before, dev-team does not equal jailbreak community. You seem to think otherwise.

Thanks

I hope he does another epic video in the kitchen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    You can read my full opinion on the page before this but seriously, all you are doing is trying to downplay GeoHot. You aren't educating anyone about anything. Like I said before, dev-team does not equal jailbreak community. You seem to think otherwise.
    wow. ya know your right. i follow you. you insane devil you. what was i thinking.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow Geohot is an amazing hacker.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    thats what they said at your trial bubba
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

A true hacker!
    Deal with it. We are on are own time. Most other people have no clue about time,
    I've done many of a 6 month project for one line of magic code.
    He has done great stuff in the past, I'm sure he will do great stuff in the future.
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 06-22-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Donate to me, Ill Tell you I have a JB coming and I'll even post a video. I just hope you don't mind that I don't release the jailbreak until i feel like it. But that video will get a million hits on youtube and people will know me.

I know Geohot is damn smart. He Just isn't trust worthy. I wish people wouldn't get their hopes up and start posting angry post when Geo hasn't updated his blog about the jailbreak in months and the blog becomes full of trolls linking stupid people to malware saying its geohots latest hack but Geo was busy so he asked them to link it, or some unknown Programer is like a god and has been secretly working with geohot on this project and is releasing it because Geo is too busy. The PS3 blog has more trolls then a "Im beautiful on the inside support group"
    OK, man you need to stop because geohot is a respected hacker. he ACTUALLY knows what he is doing. geohot doesnt have to release anything. He is doing all the work and the community is just mooching off of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Geohot has delivered more than any other typical 'dev'. That is what sets him apart from the others; the fact that he actually delivers.

He's done a lot more, in recent times, than most others out there. Who cares what he 'baits' us with, the matter of fact is that he's delivered more. I don't care if he baits us ten times for every product he releases (10:1 ratio). Still better than baiting us once with no release.

AND another fact - trustworthy or not, deliverer or not, he's all we have, pretty much.
    I'm not downplaying Spirit, but it took a while to get here, no?
    What did everyone else do? They relied Geohot.
    Did they want to? Maybe yes, maybe no. But where else would they have gone? Who would they have turned to?

Admittedly, Geohot is not the only person this time releasing something. But then again, for us new bootrom 3GS users, he is.

But yeah. I swear. This guy is like Steve Jobs' direct adversary..