+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Contribute to the iOS 4 Compatibility List!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS 4 has finally arrived, been jailbroken, and gotten unlocked...all on day 0. However, many of the extensions we have installed and bought from the Cydia Store have not been
    Thanks

Default Help Contribute to the iOS 4 Compatibility List!

iOS 4 has finally arrived, been jailbroken, and gotten unlocked...all on day 0. However, many of the extensions we have installed and bought from the Cydia Store have not been made compatible yet. Now that an official 4.0 build has been released to the public, those daring enough to take the leap to iOS 4 and jailbreak it can help out the rest of the community to a great extent by trying out apps and extensions in Cydia and relaying the information back to your friends at MMi, where we'll do our best to compile a compatibility list to make this upgrade as smooth as possible!

We've already got a list going right here: The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

Please help contribute by simply posting in the thread with any word, good or bad, on package compatibility in iOS 4 (and bugs/issues, if relevant) in the thread and we'll edit it into the list as fast as we can. Also, invite developers to come and give input on compatibility status, or reach out and try to get word yourself. Every bit helps!

Please do not post compatibility reports in this thread. Go to the link above and post there. This thread will not be monitored for compatibility reports.

Also, I will try to update the list as much as possible. I have unavoidable events in my life that I still have to do, but I will keep trying to update it as much as I can. You can always dig down into the pages of the thread for new posts that might not have been edited into the list yet.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-22-2010), sstickley (06-22-2010), x| LiB |x (06-23-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Developers have weeks to get their apps working on 4.0. They need to get on the ball. Theres no excuse.

Edit: I'm talking about the App Store developers.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Developers have weeks to get their apps working on 4.0. They need to get on the ball. Theres no excuse.

Edit: I'm talking about the App Store developers.
    So mean!

Oh yeah they do hahah. Cydia developers can sit back and relax, once they get proswitcher patched, life will be back to normal. Andddd a jailbreak for new boot 3gs
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

TOakie21 (07-06-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah Cydia developers are a different story. They need a jailbreak and all that to test their apps. They get extra time.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

Jailbreakers are the bomb!!!

Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS iOS4 3g Edge connectivity issues?
    I work IT/Data support for new devices with a Major US carrier of the iPhone device( that should narrow it down ) We are receiving several reports of iPhone 3GS devices upgrading to iOS4 no longer getting 3G or Edge data service. What are you guys seeing? Nothing Official from Apple that I can find. They say unaware of any issue like that but we know that Apple would not come right out and say.."um yeah we screwed up on that".
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 06-22-2010 at 09:46 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Amazing how all the dev team already have it Jailbroken. They Deserve a round applause on this one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

It took 6 restores for me to be able to get the 3G/Data working. I traced it back to the NDrive/USA Navigation app. It seems as though when I called ATT/Apple Tech they had no idea what the issue was and that I was the first to report it.

3 hours later I finally can use my phone again. Though now I'm thinking about just going back to 3.1.3 jailbreak.

Thanks

What kinda bull is this
    iOS 4 has finally arrived, been jailbroken, and gotten unlocked...all on day 0.
    iPhone 3GS ain't jailbroken ... the new mc

Thanks

^ all in due time. they will burn a new exploit, be it iboot or not, when they get their hands on an iphone 4. That exploit should take care of 3gs new bootrom and iphone 4 ... or spirit will get an update. patience

If You like my work and want to contribute to my habit Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    ^ all in due time. they will burn a new exploit, be it iboot or not, when they get their hands on an iphone 4. That exploit should take care of 3gs new bootrom and iphone 4 ... or spirit will get an update. patience
    Don't get me wrong. I had my fun with 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak.. I updated to 4.0 because of the convenience.. I am not ranting why there is no jailbreak on my iPhone.. I am just pissed at this stupid article stating something that is wrong.

Thanks

@ [email protected]

2 things :

1- name registration fail
    2-proswitch for ios4? Why if there's a multitasking option already in ios4...developers just need to update their apps with this feature is all

Thanks

awesome thanks for posting the list bro. i'll do what i can once i update
    Last edited by rhekt; 06-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Would it kill people who write this stuff when they put has been jailbroken to put (not for 3GS) behind it so we don't have to spend 10 minutes reading around to see if we missed a jailbreak update?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I had my fun with 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak.. I updated to 4.0 because of the convenience.. I am not ranting why there is no jailbreak on my iPhone.. I am just pissed at this stupid article stating something that is wrong.
    You have a point. there should be a disclaimer that 3gs new bootrom is not covered. Would save a lot of people a headache

If You like my work and want to contribute to my habit Donate

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    You have a point. there should be a disclaimer that 3gs new bootrom is not covered. Would save a lot of people a headache
    you seem to imply that it is only the 3GS with the new bootrom that's not jailbroken, so that means 3GS' wil old bootroms can be jailbroken just fine? if so I must have missed the headlines :S

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    this user posted this in iOS4 goes live thread, it pretty clearly states no 3gs yet only 3g
    I realise that, I am not stupid, nor blind. But why go through the trouble of adding "new bootrom" to the statement if it's all the 3gs'?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some of you guys can be some real whiney little girls I swear

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    What kinda bull is this

iPhone 3GS ain't jailbroken ... the new mc
    Huh, that's strange... I've been enjoying my jailbroken 3G[s] on 4.0 for a couple of weeks now.