+ Reply
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Might I add the new firmware did run a Little Slower on my 3G. But when I get my IP4 on Thursday shouldn't have that issue with the 512mb of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Might I add the new firmware did run a Little Slower on my 3G. But when I get my IP4 on Thursday shouldn't have that issue with the 512mb of ram lol

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Guys IDK what saurik did but DO NOT download the updates from cydia. For whatever reason they put you into an infinite Reload Springboard loop. If you then restart it manually it goes into apple logo for 5 minutes then returns back to normal but cydia is more or less disabled. you can still browse but downloads DO NOT work. Rock However still does. yeah he f****** something up. Not sure if its only 3GS's or what but DONT download until it is fixed

Thanks

beta5-2 will not work with the OFFICIAL 4.0 fw. so there ARE differences w/ the builds of GM and OFFICIAL 4.0. read my last 2 posts or read Jailbreak iOS 4.0 iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

iPhone? More like MyPhone mudslag's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post
    0.9.5b5-3 is out should take care of the above... 3gs on hold...
    So on that version do we use the GM or the 4.0 that came out today?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaddaam View Post
    [SIZE="6"]hello guys

today when the iPhone 4 unlock came out I opened cydia to add ultrasnow's new repo to unlock. After adding it said that cydia needs to be updated so I tap on essential updates. During installation it got stuck at springboarb reloading. I got confused and after waitin for a long time I manually rebooted iPhone. After that the Apple logo appeared and stayed on for about 5 mins and than phone came into normal form but now cydia just doesn't installs anything. Either I try to upgrade or install any new app or even cydia isntaller new update it just doesn't installs and after the process show that it's still not installed. What should I do? I need to get it working cuz I need to unlock
    Same thing happened to me today. I updated cydia, then resprung, went back into cydia and updated the mobilesubstrate and then it went to go and respring, after about 5 mins it was at the spinning wheel so I had to manually do a reset after phone booted up it was on apple screen for a few minutes then the phone started normally. I went back to cydia to check and see if everyone thing was ok but cydia returned a bunch of errors. All I know is that something screwed up when I updated mobilesubstrate.

I don't want to have to re-jailbreak my phone, I have too much to download again from cydia if I do. I might as well just wait for the 4.0 jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Guys IDK what saurik did but DO NOT download the updates from cydia. For whatever reason they put you into an infinite Reload Springboard loop. If you then restart it manually it goes into apple logo for 5 minutes then returns back to normal but cydia is more or less disabled. you can still browse but downloads DO NOT work. Rock However still does. yeah he f****** something up. Not sure if its only 3GS's or what but DONT download until it is fixed
    No problem with mine..My 3G works just fine after the updates through Cydia

Thanks

read this Jailbreak iOS 4.0 iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

there ARE differences between the GM and the OFFICIAL 4.0. redsn0w 0.9.5b-3 will jb the OFFICIAL 4.0 fw. IF you are on the OFFICIAL 4.0 0.9.5b-2 will not jb the GM version! just tried, found the beta3 and it works w/ the official fw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It works for me just fine:

iPhone 3G has been updated to 4.0 software via iTunes 9.2
    .ipsw file of version 4 has been copied from iTunes iPhone Firmware folder
    redsn0w .095b5-3 (windows) has been downloaded
    it perfectly recognized the .ipsw which I got from iTunes folder

Jailbreak process took 3-5 minutes. Now I have Cydia on 4.0 software.

Goodluck to everyone who is in process...

Green Apple
    Thanks

So will the new redsn0w betas work with 3GS and jailbreak? The 5-3 one

Ok NVM, works with only 3G and itouch

Green Apple
    Thanks

heya all. I have no idea what exactly Saurik did but DO NOT download those esential updates from cydia. on my 3GS after finishing the download they went into a infinite Reload Springboard. I went ahead and held down lock and power buttons. That put it into a 5:30 minute apple logo then it came back out to the normal screen. Cydia however is more or less inert and will NOT install anything. it gives a POSIX connection refused. this is on wifi and 3G service... Im testing Rock right now. Oh and my theory for why it is messing it up is that he updated so many essential tweaks at once that they have some combined side effect on cydia.

Rock is confirmed to work. It can still have full functionality. GO ROCK
    So is there anyway to fix this other than re-jailbreaking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Did you restore from back up? Try restore as a new iPhone.
    originally when i loaded the GM i restored from backup and it ran pretty damn quick on my 3g. and today when i loaded up the official 4.0 i set up as new iphone and it's running SLOWER! will keep messing with it to try to see what's up.

Thanks

It's always good to have iFile and ssh installed with these jb phones.In that cydia case,I beleive in the updates/dpkg folder you delete the files in there and cydia starts to work again.Also,before bashing saurik or any other dev out there that has dedicated their time and effort without charging you a penny to use their programs,tweet them or try to contact them before posting stuff like that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gafu For This Useful Post:

bijju (06-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabregousmc View Post
    the beta5-3 will jailbreak the OFFICIAL 4.0! just got done jb'ing mine!
    Confirmed! Works! Thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

hey guys they've just released redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 3, for 3G and iPod 2G owners, which hacktivates for the 3G, i've unlocked on official 4.0, runs very well despite its beta tag
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixgear View Post
    Confirmed! Works! Thank you!
    sweet congrats man! happy jb'ing!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jabregousmc For This Useful Post:

nixgear (06-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just received a refurbished iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 on baseband 05.12.01 yesterday. I jailbroke it with Spirit. I wanted to do a clean restore to 3.1.3 then re-jailbreak the phone but I couldn't restore through iTunes (kept getting error 1600 and 1604 in recovery and DFU mode). So I tried erasing the phone through settings. After everything was erased the phone got stuck on the Apple Screen with the little wheel thing. I tried putting it back into recovery mode and DFU mode and restoring custom 3.1.3 ipsws but I still get errors 1600 and 1604. Is there any way for me to go back to 3.1.3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok all this talk about iPhones, what about the iPad??

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

heya all. I have no idea what exactly Saurik did but DO NOT download those esential updates from cydia. on my 3GS after finishing the download they went into a infinite Reload Springboard. I went ahead and held down lock and power buttons. That put it into a 5:30 minute apple logo then it came back out to the normal screen. Cydia however is more or less inert and will NOT install anything. it gives a POSIX connection refused. this is on wifi and 3G service... Im testing Rock right now. Oh and my theory for why it is messing it up is that he updated so many essential tweaks at once that they have some combined side effect on cydia.

Rock is confirmed to work. It can still have full functionality. GO ROCK
    I updated all the essential upgrades and I'm able to install packages and everything like normal on my 3GS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone tested the cydia updates on a 3gs on 3.1.2? Is it making the infinite re-spring loop?

Thanks

did you save your shsh blobs before today?