Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by okaybn View Post
    I am a bit confused.

If i have a brand new 3GS from apple today, would I be able to unlock it?

How are people unlocking iOS 4.0 if there isnt even a jailbreak for it yet? This is whats confusing me.

If someone could clear that up for me itd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    Yes Even I am confused. I have a 3Gs with 3.1.3 and bootrom 05.12.01. I used spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w for unlock. Now, if I upgrade to 4.0 what will my bootrom version and will I be able to unlock after that? Any guidance is appreciate. thanks

-Ajay

Quote Originally Posted by okaybn View Post
    I am a bit confused.

If i have a brand new 3GS from apple today, would I be able to unlock it?

How are people unlocking iOS 4.0 if there isnt even a jailbreak for it yet? This is whats confusing me.

If someone could clear that up for me itd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    Yes Even I am confused. I have a 3Gs with 3.1.3 and bootrom 05.12.01. I used spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w for unlock. Now, if I upgrade to 4.0 what will my bootrom version and will I be able to unlock after that? Any guidance is appreciate. thanks

-Ajay
    [email protected]
    Last edited by ajayguptab; 06-23-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ajayguptab View Post

-Ajay

-Ajay
    [email protected]
    there is a jb already out. Redsnow beta, and pwnagetool for the mac, quickpwn should be released for windows soon. as well as geohot is supposed to be coming out with something probably after official iphone 4 releasing. you can use ultrasnow to unlock ios4. just check the other articles on modmyi.com to find all this stuff out but you can get ios4 jb just not all the apps on cydia or the appstore function correctly with ios4. hope this helps

I'm now convinced that anyone on a 3G phone that is claiming good performance is either lying or just jailbroke 10 minutes ago.

Turn on safari and minimize, open a text and minimize, open your email and minimize. If you have sbsettings installed, you'll likely find you have less than 20mb of free ram left. Even less if you browse to a website in safari. On the plus side, apps crash less. But the 3G just doesn't have enough ram for multitasking. Not without constant micromanaging. You find after about 24 hours that you wish you could disable multitasking completely because it's so inconvenient to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    I'm now convinced that anyone on a 3G phone that is claiming good performance is either lying or just jailbroke 10 minutes ago.

Turn on safari and minimize, open a text and minimize, open your email and minimize. If you have sbsettings installed, you'll likely find you have less than 20mb of free ram left. Even less if you browse to a website in safari. On the plus side, apps crash less. But the 3G just doesn't have enough ram for multitasking. Not without constant micromanaging. You find after about 24 hours that you wish you could disable multitasking completely because it's so inconvenient to manage.

I agree. They should of given the option to turn multitask on or off, as well as wallpaper.

Regardless of 3g or 3gs, its stupid to have every app in the background after you run it. It should of been better thought out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

^ agree, I wanted multitask, but after using it for 2-3 hours my phone was COOKING! so I restored and rejailbroke WIHTOUT multitasking...
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

I meant to rejailbreak to 3.1.2 yesterday, but ran out of time before my flight. I'm suck with this for a week. Damn it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    i have been unlocked and jailbroken for almost a full 24 hours now and enjoying the performance. i nor anyone else would have any reason to lie about the performance. My phone is running fine, it is doing everything it is supposed to and i have both wallpapers and multitasking on.

Maybe it is because i was not expecting miracles and was not expecting my phone to all of a sudden perform like a 3gs or beyond

Thanks

Question Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS for Windows Read more: http://www.sizlopedia.co
    Hi, guys am on 3GS 3.1.3, JB and Unlocked. Like everyone else on 3GS, we can't wait to get on the iOS 4 like everyone else who has an iPhone 3G, but are cautious as there isn't a JB yet.

But came across this site, Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS for Windows who claim you can update to iOS 4 and also JB it even if your on 3GS.

Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS [for Windows]

Follow these steps to jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS

1. Download parts of the custom-cooked iOS 4 firmware file from the links within this txt file.
    2. Use HJSplit to combine the parts into one file i.e. iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    3. Go to Apple website and download and install iTunes 9.2
    4. Put the iPhone in DFU mode, connect with iTunes and restore the custom firmware file.

Thats it! On reboot, the iPhone will be hacktivated and ready for use. The custom iOS 4 firmware that we shared is already hacktivated, has 800 MB of root partition and no custom boot and recovery logo.
    Unlock iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS

The unlock part is pretty easy and we have listed all the steps to unlock iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS with Ultrasn0w 0.93

My question is, has anyone tried this, or does anyone know if this is right.

Anyone out there, please let me know.

Thanks.

so can you currently jb iPhone 4?
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3
    iPhone 4... get in my pocket!

I saw that blog entry as well but was doubtful it was legit.

Thanks

That's why I wanted to get input from guys before I tried it. Was hoping guys here have tried it or maybe know about it. I have managed to download the .IPSW files OK and joined them OK.

But, am scared to take the next step, as I just unlocked my 3GS with 3.1.3 Firmware 5.12.01, just days and enjoying it after it's been in the drawer for so long as I couldn't use it on my Vodafone network here.

So anyone who's tried the site please let me know.

When I used redsn0w beta I didn't check the multi-tasking box. Is there anyway I can get it back?

Thanks

My other big question is, Is there a way to tell from the iPhone what JB software was used. I JB my iPhone awhile back and can't really remember if I used Spirit or Blackrain. As I have 2 iphones.

Anyway to check, or anywhere to go check?

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    When I used redsn0w beta I didn't check the multi-tasking box. Is there anyway I can get it back?
    rejailbreak it.

Ok already might have asked this before but:

Jbed with spirit on iPhone 3GS new bootrom 3.1.3. Then upgd to ios4 on Monday.

Spent all of yesterday trying to look for ways to get 3G working.

Spent all today updating pc and trying to get iPhone to sync on pc.

Sorted the iTunes prob. Restored the iphone to factory ios 4, then restored from backup to get all contacts back but still 3G connection isn't working.

Can someone help with the connection problem? If not can I just downgrade using the standard method?

Quote Originally Posted by kenyan View Post
    My other big question is, Is there a way to tell from the iPhone what JB software was used. I JB my iPhone awhile back and can't really remember if I used Spirit or Blackrain. As I have 2 iphones.

Anyway to check, or anywhere to go check?
    If you used blackrain you should still have a blackrain icon on your springboard... unless you deleted it for some reason... not sure about spirit tho not used it.. hope this helps

im in mangum oklahoma 2.5 hours away lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myke580 View Post
    im in mangum oklahoma 2.5 hours away lol
    mmmmmmmm Rattle Snakes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
    i have been unlocked and jailbroken for almost a full 24 hours now and enjoying the performance. i nor anyone else would have any reason to lie about the performance. My phone is running fine, it is doing everything it is supposed to and i have both wallpapers and multitasking on.

Maybe it is because i was not expecting miracles and was not expecting my phone to all of a sudden perform like a 3gs or beyond
    Please give steps to follow to upgrade to iOS4 with iTunes 9.2

upgrade
    jailbreak
    unlocking etc.

am having 3G blackra1ned, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brett_day View Post

just be sure to tell people their phones won't run like they did before. be sure to admit to them that the animations will be noticeably slower and choppy. tell them things will slow to a crawl if they don't police their multitasked applications.

other than those things, yes, it runs fine. but those things do matter. especially the multitasking issues, as they slow the phone down quickly. it's not okay long-term. it's interesting for a day or two...but after awhile, it clearly becomes burdensome to have to worry about what's trying to multitask. backgrounder is the superior solution for 3G iPhones. without any doubt. and the laggy animations can be lived with, except that apps also now run slower.

and yes, people DO have reasons to not tell the whole truth. people who think they have something that others want will often hide the fact that said coveted thing isn't perfect. you see it all the time from people who buy cars, then give glowing reviews in order to make themselves feel better. you see it from people who buy mediocre videogames, but suggest they're must-have titles. et cetera.

As such, it is of absolutely no surprise that more people aren't simply telling the truth about multitasking on a 3G iPhone: the iOS4 implementation blows on 3G because of a lack of built-in RAM. it forces you to constantly be aware of it, creating a layer of concern for your 3G phone that you never had before now. Apple left the feature off of 3G's by default for a very clear reason.

that's the truth. every other comment with regard to multitasking is just exaggeration or lack of real usage of it.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast