Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

I already have the 4.0 ipsw and the newest Redsn0w which is updated like 9hours ago.
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

can anybody answer this for me please: i just upgraded to 4.0 but i can't sync with itunes i keep getting the following message: Itunes cannot read the contents of the iphone. Go to the summary tab in iphone preferences and click restore to restore this iphone to factory settings!
    but everything else works fine as far as making calls and so forth!
    any ideas????

I currently have OS3 on my iPhone 3GS and used Spirit to Jailbreak and have Cydia installed.

But I want iOS4.

I don't want my phone to be jailbroken any more - don't see what the fuss is about to be honest.

Anyway, can I remove the jailbreak and install iOS4?
    What will happen if I do?

as far as i understand u MUST jailbreak to obtain the iOS4 file so therefore there's no way around it for as of now, and then you'll have to use ultrasnow through cydia to unlock the phone

Ipod 3G? Any news on something that can be used for ios4 on ipod 3g?
    Supporter of the awesome theme creators at ModMyI

not sure about ipods i only worked my iphone, ur best will be to check ipod forums

just unlocked my 3gs on 3.1.3 thanks to the dev team.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't even downgrade to 3.1.3 anymore. Itunes won't let me...looks like I'm stuck with 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

and it's jailbroken
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miladjuckel View Post
    as far as i understand u MUST jailbreak to obtain the iOS4 file so therefore there's no way around it for as of now, and then you'll have to use ultrasnow through cydia to unlock the phone
    WoW... where did you get that information???
    iOS4 is a public release for all iPhone / iPod models except 1st gen. Now if you want to unlock.. that's another story.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is with cydia right now?

I have a iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 jb with spirit and I've tried to unlock it with ultrasn0w but it doesn't work. I recive no signal.
    I've tried to restore the firmware lots of times and jb but it says that something is wrong with the apt.modmyi.com and I think thats the cause of why my it don't want to unlock.

apt.modmyi.com doesnt exist in sources, and I cant add it. Cydia can't download packages, it's just says "downloading" forever..

I tried to restore 3.1.3 and re-jb at this exact point that i'm writing this and now cydia has not a single source or package.
    Is cydias server down or is my iphone screwed?

What should I do? :/

I get an error launching redsn0w, application not supported on this architecture. Is there something else I can use? I'm on a powerbook 10.5 btw.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I CBS to read everypage on this thread so is there any fix to the White icons problem? And my cydia just sex downloading packages for ever when I refresh and never actually completes and loads changes WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by chriiis1 View Post
    Can someone please tell me what the problem is with cydia right now?

I have a iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 jb with spirit and I've tried to unlock it with ultrasn0w but it doesn't work. I recive no signal.
    I've tried to restore the firmware lots of times and jb but it says that something is wrong with the apt.modmyi.com and I think thats the cause of why my it don't want to unlock.

apt.modmyi.com doesnt exist in sources, and I cant add it. Cydia can't download packages, it's just says "downloading" forever..

I tried to restore 3.1.3 and re-jb at this exact point that i'm writing this and now cydia has not a single source or package.
    Is cydias server down or is my iphone screwed?

What should I do? :/
    Same issue. I manually added Index of /cydia-3.7/ since my sources were blank, and it started adding the repos, but got stuck downloading again. I could go to updates/refresh before, and it would get stuck doing the same thing.

Ok hopefully I understand this correctly, and forgive me if I missed one of the posts, but there are quite a bit and I tried to read em all, but sometimes people post things that make it more confusing then it should be...

For Jailbreaking.. (Not unlocking) on 3.1.2 Jailbroke 3G

1. You should remove mobile substrate if it the new version? 0.9.3206-1?
    2. Upgrade the iPhone to iOS4 from apple first, then download the ispw file to your hard drive. (how do u download it?)
    3. Load up redsnow and choose the ispw file you saved to your hard drive.
    4. Load up cydia, and run all updates individually.
    Last edited by DmVinny; 06-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.

I have a iphone with the new OS (4.0), and i understand that there is no JB for it. So am I screwed with unlocking it?

How can I downgrade it back to 3.13?

No you are not screwed, just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    Same issue. I manually added Index of /cydia-3.7/ since my sources were blank, and it started adding the repos, but got stuck downloading again. I could go to updates/refresh before, and it would get stuck doing the same thing.
    It's freaking me out! What do you think may be the cause? Overload on the server?

Btw, how did you manually add the source? With ssh? If I try, where should i put the downloaded zip?

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    if we've already updated to 4.0 are we screwed of a future jailbreak (talking 3GS)?
    I would say no if Geohot is talking about releasing a Pwn tool that will jailbreak every i product.....

Quote Originally Posted by x| LiB |x View Post
    Update #1: redsn0w beta has been updated to hacktivate iOS 4.0 for iPhone3G (in addition to jailbreaking the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G).

For now, the redsn0w beta release supports only the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G at todayís 4.0. Itís still a beta, so youíll need to let Cydia reorganize, reload, and update after using redsn0w.
    Give us link!!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast