+ Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// heya all. I have no idea what exactly Saurik did but DO NOT download those esential updates from cydia. on my 3GS after finishing the download
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    heya all. I have no idea what exactly Saurik did but DO NOT download those esential updates from cydia. on my 3GS after finishing the download they went into a infinite Reload Springboard. I went ahead and held down lock and power buttons. That put it into a 5:30 minute apple logo then it came back out to the normal screen. Cydia however is more or less inert and will NOT install anything. it gives a POSIX connection refused. this is on wifi and 3G service... Im testing Rock right now. Oh and my theory for why it is messing it up is that he updated so many essential tweaks at once that they have some combined side effect on cydia.

Rock is confirmed to work. It can still have full functionality. GO ROCK
    I will never again use Rock, NEVER.

I got the same issue as you did. I hit "Restart Springboard" & waited a good 15 to 20 min for the reboot, it never happened. So I forced the phone off by holding the Power & Home Buttons. Then it got stuck at the Apple Logo for a good 5 minutes. I forced the phone off again & then booted again. I stuck the phone in my pocket only to check it 10 minutes later & found myself back on the lockscreen (Yay!). I didn't try to install anything in cydia until the mobilesubstrate upgrade (guess it was the 2nd one) & everything is working fine.

iPhone 3GS, Old Bootrom, JB'd w/Spirit

~Tario70

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking All hail dev team!!!
    I've spent the last six hours trying to get iOS4 on my iPhone 3G, getting redsn0w to recognize the IPSW and finally the JB. When all is said and done, i got iOS4.0 (updated through itunes, then manually restored w/ downloaded IPSW) working and unlocked with T-Mobile.

FYI:If anyone tries to update to iTunes 9.2 and then iOS 4, you can't do it if you have a cracked version of wifi sync. Also, once you let itunes 9.2 update your phone to iOS 4, then download the iOS4 IPSW (iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download) to your desktop and put your iPhone into recovery mode. iTunes will tell you that its in recovery mode, click OK, then hold SHIFT and click on the RESTORE button. Find the iOS4.0 IPSW you downloaded and let iTunes restore it. Once its done, download the latest Redsn0w version (0.9.5b5-3, run it, go into cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com/, install ultrasn0w and you're done!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ROCKTIT For This Useful Post:

mbeezy81 (06-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKTIT View Post
    I've spent the last six hours trying to get iOS4 on my iPhone 3G, getting redsn0w to recognize the IPSW and finally the JB. When all is said and done, i got iOS4.0 (updated through itunes, then manually restored w/ downloaded IPSW) working and unlocked with T-Mobile.

FYI:If anyone tries to update to iTunes 9.2 and then iOS 4, you can't do it if you have a cracked version of wifi sync. Also, once you let itunes 9.2 update your phone to iOS 4, then download the iOS4 IPSW (iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download) to your desktop and put your iPhone into recovery mode. iTunes will tell you that its in recovery mode, click OK, then hold SHIFT and click on the RESTORE button. Find the iOS4.0 IPSW you downloaded and let iTunes restore it. Once its done, download the latest Redsn0w version (0.9.5b5-3, run it, go into cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com/, install ultrasn0w and you're done!
    Will done and welcome to MMi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halo2kid49 View Post
    WTF endless cycle of Safe Modes no matter the number of reboots????
    Same here..I'm uninstalling apps to see which one is causing it..I dont have winterboard installed so I'm trying SBSettings right now..

Thanks

I'm also getting stuck in safe mode

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    Same here..I'm uninstalling apps to see which one is causing it..I dont have winterboard installed so I'm trying SBSettings right now..
    Try Terminal Sbsettings is fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am running my jailbreak on my 3GS 3.0.1 with 4.26.08, what will I need to do go get my phone unlocked and jailbroken on 4.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Found out which APP was causing my Infinite Crashing Springboard...it was the SMS/Desktop Background App that got installed when I restored all my Jailbroken Apps from Rock..

Quote Originally Posted by Halo2kid49 View Post
    Try Terminal Sbsettings is fine
    It was SMS/Desktop Background app
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 06-22-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    has anyone confirmed that mywi is working on JB ios4?
    MyWi works with USB tether. it does NOT create WiFi for devices to connect to its network.

Also, so is iBooks broken for anyone else?
    Last edited by adrian1480; 06-22-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    great thread here! was following it since this morning!
    great findings from all..
    i dont seem to recall (hope i havent left it out) but has anyone successfully jb an iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 4.0, that was previously jailbroken with spirit, and most probably running on the new bootrom?
    Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dash7869 View Post
    great thread here! was following it since this morning!
    great findings from all..
    i dont seem to recall (hope i havent left it out) but has anyone successfully jb an iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 4.0, that was previously jailbroken with spirit, and most probably running on the new bootrom?
    Thanks!
    Not possible yet for 3GS, only for 3G and iPod Touch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

How are you guys making redsnow recognize IPSW4.0? Some who are updating to OS4 are still not getting it to work for some reason.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@area51crypto: TY that´s what I was thinking, I've allread. Ordered one for 7 dollars.

Thanks

beware the new mobile substrate update. it's crashing phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vojtasks View Post
    I have noob question. I tried to update to iOS4 GM with redsn0w jailbreak. But my iPhone stuck on emergency call screen, I think everyone allready seen screen like this. Of course iphone told me to insert correct sim card (ATandtT?) So this all means I need unlock my baseband, BUT how can I unlock baseband if I can get into iOS 4 itself? Please be patien and give me a simple explanation, I know I am very very foolish noob:-))
    You need to hacktivate your phone. The gold master version of Redsn0w didn't have this feature. I think it's been added now.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    How are you guys making redsnow recognize IPSW4.0? Some who are updating to OS4 are still not getting it to work for some reason.
    My guess is you didn't read carefully enough and you have a 3gs phone and not a *3g* phone. It does not work for the 3GS yet.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 06-22-2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I was doing it on my 3g, but meh........... selling it anyway.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

it'll sell for more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    MyWi works with USB tether. it does NOT create WiFi for devices to connect to its network.

Also, so is iBooks broken for anyone else?
    Yes, iBooks was working perfectly for me on my iPod touch 2g before the jailbreak, and after the jailbreak none of the books or PDFs will show up even though iTunes confirms they are syncing and on the device

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ehhh internet not working on my phone, the text and phone features work fine but nothing else works after switching to iOS4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LigerLuvr9210 View Post
    Yes, iBooks was working perfectly for me on my iPod touch 2g before the jailbreak, and after the jailbreak none of the books or PDFs will show up even though iTunes confirms they are syncing and on the device
    glad I'm not alone. I'm sure a fix is in the works...though really, I had no intention of reading books on my iPhone. lol