Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    You should be able to, read the first page, the yellow at the bottom of the article.

Sorry for trying to help you..
    Sorry I must have missed your post... well thanks if you really did

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Apparently the way it's working is you only get the whole cydia bricking if you Hit. The option to do ALL upgrades at once. If you hit essential upgrades then your fine but on 3.1.3 3GS it does more or less brick cydia. Oh and the reason you can't go and ssh and delete the files is because the updates are things that if deleted will brick the phone. Mobilesubstrate... Libhide, etc
    Not for me. I'm on a 3gs and I upgraded Cydia first, then resprung and then updated mobilesubstrate. Apparently Saurik released the updates for ios4 that was released today and not for 3.1.3. So i guess that's why I went into the infinite loop during a respring after updating mobilesubstrate. When I upgraded both of them it said that the updates were compatible with my os in cydia.

Saurik Updates Cydia And MobileSubstrate For iOS 4 | FSMdotCOM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eskco For This Useful Post:

iancdp (06-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by vickysworld9 View Post
    Hello guyz i have 3G with 5.07.11 can i update to 4.0 and hav my carrier unlock plz tell me how to do so im pretty confused.. Thanx..
    Some times these Threads get long. Let help each other out here is a link that will explain and help you jailbreak and unlock your 3G iPhone.

Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

go to post #143

Quote Originally Posted by eskco View Post
    Same thing happened to me today. I updated cydia, then resprung, went back into cydia and updated the mobilesubstrate and then it went to go and respring, after about 5 mins it was at the spinning wheel so I had to manually do a reset after phone booted up it was on apple screen for a few minutes then the phone started normally. I went back to cydia to check and see if everyone thing was ok but cydia returned a bunch of errors. All I know is that something screwed up when I updated mobilesubstrate.

I don't want to have to re-jailbreak my phone, I have too much to download again from cydia if I do. I might as well just wait for the 4.0 jailbreak.
    Got me too. I rebooted and hung at the apple logo. Did a restore and still don't have sbsettings or winterboard working.

Angry Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    heya all. I have no idea what exactly Saurik did but DO NOT download those esential updates from cydia. on my 3GS after finishing the download they went into a infinite Reload Springboard. I went ahead and held down lock and power buttons. That put it into a 5:30 minute apple logo then it came back out to the normal screen. Cydia however is more or less inert and will NOT install anything. it gives a POSIX connection refused. this is on wifi and 3G service... Im testing Rock right now. Oh and my theory for why it is messing it up is that he updated so many essential tweaks at once that they have some combined side effect on cydia.

Rock is confirmed to work. It can still have full functionality. GO ROCK
    Same experience here..Do NOT download those updates from Cydia..my 3gs got screwed up,& I am having to restore again now

Can't get iOS4. It keeps crashing in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Can't get iOS4. It keeps crashing in iTunes.
    i suggest downloading it from another site

ie: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barrywhite For This Useful Post:

XFaega (06-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

3G on TMo with 4.0. Redsnow & Ultrasnow. Winning combo.
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

Thanks

iPhone 3G confirmed jailbroken and unlocked with redsn0w 0.95b5-3 and official iOS 4
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think I'm going to go back to 3.1.3 and just unlock it from there. 4.0 is awesome but I feel like its taking forever for a jailbreak. Ya, I'm that impatient sorry

What if you have a 3GS that was JB with blackra1n? Can it be JB'd with blackra1n on 4.0?

Quote Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    i suggest downloading it from another site

ie: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    I forgot about that site. Thank you.

WTF endless cycle of Safe Modes no matter the number of reboots????

I had/have a 3gs on 3.1.3 05.12.01. I tried erasing everything through settings and after it was all erased, the phone got stuck on the Apple logo screen with the little wheel. I've read that this has happened because the phone was jailbroken. I've tried restoring to a custom 3.1.3 ipsw but I keep getting errors 1600 and 1600 in DFU and recovery mode. Is there a way for me to get my phone unbricked without having to upgrade to 4.0? (I don't want to upgrade because I need to jailbreak the phone and unlock it so I can sell it and get an iphone 4).

Also, my brother has a 3gs 3.1.3 on 05.12.01 that was also jailbroken with Spirit. How should he go about erasing all his stuff without bricking the phone like I did mine? He also wants to avoid upgrading to 4.0 because he wants to jailbreak/unlock then sell his phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    Im on the touch 2g, stuck on the waiting for reboot
    how long did it take from the "waiting for reboot" part? Im going on 5mins here
    nm got it working
    How did you solve this?

Im on a iPT 2G. Never gets away from the waiting for reboot...

Quote Originally Posted by iphonefiend View Post
    I had/have a 3gs on 3.1.3 05.12.01. I tried erasing everything through settings and after it was all erased, the phone got stuck on the Apple logo screen with the little wheel. I've read that this has happened because the phone was jailbroken. I've tried restoring to a custom 3.1.3 ipsw but I keep getting errors 1600 and 1600 in DFU and recovery mode. Is there a way for me to get my phone unbricked without having to upgrade to 4.0? (I don't want to upgrade because I need to jailbreak the phone and unlock it so I can sell it and get an iphone 4).

Also, my brother has a 3gs 3.1.3 on 05.12.01 that was also jailbroken with Spirit. How should he go about erasing all his stuff without bricking the phone like I did mine? He also wants to avoid upgrading to 4.0 because he wants to jailbreak/unlock then sell his phone.
    I have a similar problem with my ipod on the boot it gets a little wheel inside the apple then boots in safe mode... i decided to restore again 7th time today

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halo2kid49 View Post
    WTF endless cycle of Safe Modes no matter the number of reboots????
    uninstall winterboard or sb settings some of the apps arent ready for 4.0 yet

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Just checking real quick... I have a 3GS on 3.1.3 I only need a JB not an unlock... Oh and btw those of you who are already jb on iOS4... Does winterboard work correctly? Does it still apply all UIImages/folders/bundles right?? I need it for theming

Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    uninstall winterboard or sb settings some of the apps arent ready for 4.0 yet
    But I installed winterboard with my first update to 4.0 like 5 hours ago and it was totally fine... but I think your right it is winterboard probably has something to do with the new Mobile substrate update

P.S. any way I can install winterboard and disable it.... a can't use sbsettings because winterboard forces safe mode soooo...
    Last edited by Halo2kid49; 06-22-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast