+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 Goes Live

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sekazi I was seeing a very large affect to my battery on 3.1.2 from the jailbreak even when I wasn't using backgrounder and now on iOS 4 I'm seeing the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Sekazi

I was seeing a very large affect to my battery on 3.1.2 from the jailbreak even when I wasn't using backgrounder and now on iOS 4 I'm seeing the same problem. Jailbroken on 4.0 might make it drain even faster for me. I'm on a third gen iPod Touch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    what features does the ipod touch 1st gen. not get?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    Sekazi

I was seeing a very large affect to my battery on 3.1.2 from the jailbreak even when I wasn't using backgrounder and now on iOS 4 I'm seeing the same problem. Jailbroken on 4.0 might make it drain even faster for me. I'm on a third gen iPod Touch.
    My iPod touch 3G is still on 3.1.2 and the battery life can last up to a week when I play music with bluetooth and play the occasional game. My iPhone could last at most 3 days if I did not play games much or made many calls. I check my email and use productivity apps religiously on my iPhone so it is on and running often for that.

Today ended up being the same as yesterday but worse. I come home and have just over 10% left and I only play maybe 5 minutes of games and made maybe 10 minutes worth of calls. Checked my email a few times and some other things but not much at all.

When I was jailbroken on 3.1.2 I had the following in Cydia
    Activator, AppBackup, Autolock SBSettings, Backgrounder, BlankNull, Circuitous, CyDelete, Five Icon Dock, Fake 3.1.3, Five Icon Dock, Flashlight, iBlank, iKeyEx 3, LiveClock, MobileTerminal, Notifier, OpenSSH, PdaNet, ReflectiveDock, Rotation Inhibitor, SBSettings, SysInfoPlus, Veency, WeatherIcon, Winterboard, 5-Row QWERTY Keyboard

Even with my iPhone on 4.0 it is running a hell of alot less but last nowhere near as long.

I may do a restore but I hate the fact that I cannot just sync all of my data. Apples idea that if a app is removed the data is deleted is just stupid. We should be able to choose to backup the contacts, calendar, notes, mms, clock, app data and any other type of information and restore it as we please. None of this delete it or suck it up and keep it the way it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    I find it funny how Apple says Jailbreaking makes the battery drain faster. I updated my iPhone 3Gs to iOS 4.0 and after a days use I am finding the battery to last at most 1/2 as long. Usually I get to play some games that will eat up the battery and I would not even break below 40% battery by 11PM. I am at 6:30 PM and played no games today and my battery is already 17%.

When I was jailbroken I had many things that ran in the background but I never had my battery affected like this iOS 4 has done.

Is this just me or is other people having the same issue?
    i read many complaints about the battery drainage problem and i experienced it too, the only clear solution i read here was to let your battery completely drain out and you charge it… that’s it, after that my battery is very good infact i read some people were saying that their battery life become better after upgrading to ios4, at first i was laughing and i thought those people exaggerated but after this i have realize it too that battery life is much better now…

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have a question. Is the iOS4 cool enough to be worth updating to even though I won't be able to jailbreak it? I'm sure it wouldn't even be long until someone makes a jailbreak for it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So I updated, great features by the way. But now with the 4.0 my USB to my Alpine deck won't support my iPhone 3Gs, WTF? anyone know what would cause this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What ever happened to in-safari video. Gizmodo said iOS4 included this...

When i play a video it still opens up the quicktime app

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345