+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Cell Minutes Used for iPhone FaceTime Calls

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
What about international calls? Is it possible that jailbroken 3G-unrestricted iPhone+ facetime + international call= free unlimited international calls?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What about international calls?

Is it possible that
    jailbroken 3G-unrestricted iPhone+ facetime + international call= free unlimited international calls?

Thanks
    You guys who are saying that we won't get charged by AT&T because it's mobile to mobile need to get your facts straight. You won't get charged because you can only use facetime over WiFi, which has nothing to do with AT&T. This article is still pointless though >_>

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

all of us should just use what we know wont cost money and we know ATT will give us c r a p for using so there dont have to be million question can i do this, can i do that. keep it simple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    all of us should just use what we know wont cost money and we know ATT will give us c r a p for using so there dont have to be million question can i do this, can i do that. keep it simple.
    This article is not useless...

it was a question asked by many... With 3g unrestrictor, there will basically be free videocalling anytime. Its almost like jailbreaking worked in apple's favour in regards to the FaceTime app because they would like to make Facetime free over 3G but you know AT&T couldnt handle it so they allow 3gunrestrictor to do the job and AT&T cant say anything...

Again... FaceTime is NOT only over Wifi if your phone is jailbroken and has 3gunrestrictor...

Thanks

Facials time...bump!
    Last edited by mirogster; 06-21-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry but this feature is WAY too little WAY too late. I had video calling via 3G on one of my old Sony Ericssons 4 years ago. Now apple want to think they're the great inventors by calling it "facetime" AND it's only via WiFi?

How sad? I love my 3gs but see nothing in 4g that is going to make me want to upgrade...had they at least upgrade the storage space...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smiska2 View Post
    I'm sorry but this feature is WAY too little WAY too late. I had video calling via 3G on one of my old Sony Ericssons 4 years ago. Now apple want to think they're the great inventors by calling it "facetime" AND it's only via WiFi?

How sad? I love my 3gs but see nothing in 4g that is going to make me want to upgrade...had they at least upgrade the storage space...
    AT&T couldn't even handle regular 3G data... obviously they are not ready to take on everyone use FaceTime over 3G... thats why it said for "2010 Facetime is Wifi only" at the Apple iphone 4 unveiling...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Seriously a waste of an article. You can only make facetime calls to other iPhone 4 users. iPhone is only with AT&T. AT&T calls to other AT&T customers already don't use minutes. A big fat duh!!!
    Good thought.. Never even thought about it like that haha.. well maybe people were scared that when they facetime our friends from canada running on rogers they would lose all their minutes? haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol as hard as it's gonna be to get the iPhone 4, you'd be lucky if you AND someone you would even want to FaceTime with both got a phone on the 24th. Alot of people are gonna just connect to see it in action, then disconnect.

I, for one, will not be FaceTime calling any dudes

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneApps View Post
    Before you people speak you should think. There are rumors that ATT is going to charge for data when using the femtocell which uses your existing internet connection. So if there are rumors about that why wouldn't there be rumors about this.

And why wouldn't you think for a second that ATT wouldn't try and gouge it's customers...? They certainly did with the data rate changes.

You people are giving ATT too much credit.
    Um, because its on Wifi!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

First off like they said its over Wifi so your not going to use minutes, but even if it wasn't think about it you only can Face with other iPhone which would make it mobile to mobile anyways!

lol
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so ya gotta be on wifi to another ip4...that shuld work just excellent about 25% of the time.

I wanna know when it's going to get hacked to do it all over data liek a voice call.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is so obvious....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schory View Post
    You guys who are saying that we won't get charged by AT&T because it's mobile to mobile need to get your facts straight. You won't get charged because you can only use facetime over WiFi, which has nothing to do with AT&T. This article is still pointless though >_>
    You are actually the one who missed the argument these people are giving.

IF Face time is only iPhone to iPhone
    +
    IF iPhone is only on ATT (USA)
    =
    THEN all iPhone to Iphone calls are ATT to ATT to begin with, hence they were free from the getgo, hence even if they "use minutes", the pool they are using minutes from is an infinite one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You are actually the one who missed the argument these people are giving.

IF Face time is only iPhone to iPhone
    +
    IF iPhone is only on ATT (USA)
    =
    THEN all iPhone to Iphone calls are ATT to ATT to begin with, hence they were free from the getgo, hence even if they "use minutes", the pool they are using minutes from is an infinite one.
    you and people like you are so closed minded.. there other carriers in the world that is not AT&T that carry the iPhone 4. if you have friends or relatives in other countries, like the UK or Japan, which also have the iPhone 4 for now, and you had to call them via cell network, you will be charged long distance to initiate Facetime.. that is what everybody is wondering... everybody knows AT&T to AT&T in the USA is free.. how about when you are out of the country and wanted to do Facetime to your friend back in the USA? will you need to call long distance just to initate Facetime? Stop thinking USA and AT&T is the only country to have the iPhone 4...

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

3G unrestrictor + FaceTime= Lots of phone sex

Green Apple
    Thanks

well considering that this seems to be a Captain obvious post. it really isn't because this is just the introduction to a new "US" technology. and they had to start somewhere with the billing details. these will continually change, as did data charges. right now there are 2 US phones with this capability the iPhone and Evo. and i'm sure more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    3G unrestrictor + FaceTime= Lots of phone sex
    I was just thinking of 3G unrestrictor....

The JB community will again change the face of limitations/restrictions/& techology !
    Last edited by thuwun; 06-25-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

Thanks

How is the quality of facetime? nobody i know has a iphone 4 yet

Do you have to call the person, then go into facetime?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You can call 1-888-Facetime and video call with an Apple employee to try it out.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

bobright (06-25-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

facetime works well only if both parties are on wifi.. i have 4 friends with iPhone 4's and ive chatted with them all.. you have the option to make a direct facetime call, but it takes longer to connect, so its really just easier to call the person then start the facetime call... when jailbreak is availible, im ganna try to use it with 3g unrestrictor.. hopefully it will work :-)