+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 89

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No Cell Minutes Used for iPhone FaceTime Calls

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You people will make an argument out of the color of the sky on a sunny day. CHILL!
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,369
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    You people will make an argument out of the color of the sky on a sunny day.

    CHILL!

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

    Cowboy (06-20-2010)

  3. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Sorry John. You're wrong. Anyone who watched wwdc knows you can only use face time with other iPhones. Every AT&T plan has unlimited mobile to mobile. So there's no reason anyone should have ever thought you'd get charged in face time.
    yeh you have obviously never made a video call over the network, that will never get stuck into free mobile to mobile. its to much data to give away.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  4. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    when you start your call it is using your carrier, but once you start the facetime it will switch to wifi, so therefore you are not using your minutes for the facetime part of the call...

  5. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    i wouldnt put it past AT&T to use minuets for the facetime. AT&T gets to have video calls use your minuets and all the video is over your network. Sounds like good business model to me. Its not good for us but its makes sense for a business.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You people will make an argument out of the color of the sky on a sunny day.

    CHILL!
    my sky is purple wanna fight about it. lol

    We will find out in a matter of days. thread is moot
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  6. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Happy Noodle and ADP pretty much summed it up. 'nuf said
    killall Terminal[]

  7. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I wonder if 3G unrestrictor will work with this? Or can be made to work with this?

  8. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life lolcats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 87 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    my sky is purple wanna fight about it. lolt
    dude imma fight you. it's green, obv

  9. #28
    iPhoneaholic adrian1480's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 55 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Is there anyone here who actually thought you would be charged? Captain Obvious?
    this.

    was this article really necessary? Facetime only works on WiFi. so why in the hell would you be charged for data when it's not using data in the first place?


    Buhler? Buhler?

  10. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    gosh that close up of steve is scary.

  11. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    That would be nice.

  12. #31
    Green Apple holycowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Usa At&t iphone 4 facetime with iphone 4 o2 in uk.
    Or iphone 4 at&t with iphone 4 unlocked on tmobile (usa)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to holycowe For This Useful Post:

    nightdrangon (06-20-2010)

  14. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    aren't more facetime devices coming out?

  15. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I wonder if you would get charged if you use face call and u use the hack to think its on wifi
    i forgot the name of the app though
    "unrestrictor" i think

  16. #34
    What's Jailbreak? cheekydevil1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Just remember there is a whole world out side the USA you know. In Australia back in 2001/2002 when we first had video chat on mobiles it was charged at a seperate rate of use to voice and sms etc. The platform however now has changed with data included on mobile (in the past you never really used your mobile for internet and data) I also thought they mentioned that facetime would be an open source so they could try and intergrate it across the board?

  17. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roseville, Ca
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Is there anyone here who actually thought you would be charged? Captain Obvious?
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Seriously a waste of an article. You can only make facetime calls to other iPhone 4 users. iPhone is only with AT&T. AT&T calls to other AT&T customers already don't use minutes. A big fat duh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by faymus View Post
    slow news day huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Sorry John. You're wrong. Anyone who watched wwdc knows you can only use face time with other iPhones. Every AT&T plan has unlimited mobile to mobile. So there's no reason anyone should have ever thought you'd get charged in face time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCrammer View Post
    It doesn't use minutes because you do it over Wi-Fi. ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    duuuhhh wifi only,, is not that obvious?

    i couldnt agree more...i never though for a minute that there would be a charge for video calls...mobile-to-mobile and its over wifi??!!...really!!

    how long do you think its gonna take before there's a crack to use it over 3g.?

  18. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    might be a little off topic...but has anyone received money back from apple after pre-ordering their iphone?...ive already received an e-mail about it being shipped out..and i have the tracking number and when i ordered on the 15th it took the $212.93 out of my accnt but now its back in...this supposed to happen?

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  19. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Would facetime work with google voice? Since google voice calls my number when someone dials my GV number, would the network see it as me connecting to google and not another iPhone?

    Sorry if it's a stupid question I'm just curious.

  20. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    _4rM_Pk_
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    for face call to work both need to be on wifi odds r 10%..... enjoy doing face call idk y every one carving on it if if you to talk face to face from 1 country to another country to ur relatives then its good other then that its a useless feature... who wants to do face call when u calling your friend not your gf..... pluse the odds of your friends having iphone 4 is vslim....
    No signature links or spam... only warning

  21. #39
    Green Apple ikkviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeane88 View Post
    I wonder if 3G unrestrictor will work with this? Or can be made to work with this?
    I was thinking the same thing! P.S. I love jailbreaking. lol

  22. #40
    Green Apple Faxmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Is there anyone here who actually thought you would be charged? Captain Obvious?
    This is what I'm wondering. Apple mentioned one of the codecs it was built around was SIP. If AT&T starts counting SIP done over Wifi as Voice minutes, then they finally will have jumped the shark. They might as well pack it in, at that point. There will literally be nothing evil left for them to do to their customers without crossing the line into cartoonish-super-villianry.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts