+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retina Display Bottleneck Causing Delay?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
looks like i'm gonna have to mug somebody to get an iphone...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like i'm gonna have to mug somebody to get an iphone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't pre-order the iPhone in time, but if I were to go to the apple store and some how managed to be one of the first in line when they open up on launch day, will I be able to get my iPhone on the spot?

Thanks

I finally got my shipment notification from Apple so it's on the way! Should get here by 4:30 on the 24th..

Thanks

There is a guy from lousiana selling a pre order black or white iphone for 8000 dollars. If it sells, the buyer is on crack.
    ebay article number 170500351868
    buy it now for a lousy 8 grand?
    Heck, i'll take 2 AND the store they are in.
    DORK

Thanks

Maybe I shouldn sell my iPhone 4 retina screen and my white screens back to Apple so they can continue production.. (:

Thanks

Man 1k its tempting, i have to see how quickly they will start replenishing the stock of iphones and im selling mine

Thanks

I got notification that my phone left China on the 19th.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

8K for the iphone 4 on ebay. S h i t! Only crackhead will buy it at that price! I still have my 3G and 3GS official unlocked here. So I don't have to rush for the new iPhone 4 and waiting in line at Apple store or pre-order online crap. I just wait for a few months to let it settle down then I will buy it on craigslist without 2 years commitment from at&t. Other than that, I will enjoy the new updated iOS 4 (will be release on Monday) on my 3G and 3GS official unlock a while. Good luck to you guys & gals and wish you guys & gals will get your handset. Well, off to go for World Cup 2010 on my 3GS with my Unlimited 4G & 3G broadband connection from Clear.
    Last edited by vgmod; 06-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The delay is inevitable. The screen tech is new and these things take time to ramp up. Just be happy Apple opted to NOT use Samsung's SuperAMOLED this go around (and it's not because of exclusivity). Samsung can't even meet their own demand. And I guarantee you that no one bent on buying an iPhone4 will at any point in time entertain the thought "darn, I have to wait until July or even August, therefore I'll switch carriers and buy an Android phone". No freakin way.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    The delay is inevitable. The screen tech is new and these things take time to ramp up. Just be happy Apple opted to NOT use Samsung's SuperAMOLED this go around (and it's not because of exclusivity). Samsung can't even meet their own demand. And I guarantee you that no one bent on buying an iPhone4 will at any point in time entertain the thought "darn, I have to wait until July or even August, therefore I'll switch carriers and buy an Android phone". No freakin way.
    Ya really, many people wont just switch to a new plan, I mean really thats a big decision to base on just oh my iPhone is delayed. If they want go enjoy that Evo but when the iPhone comes out you might be stuck on Sprint or Verizon for the next two years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If you sold your 3GS and now can't get a 4 then......LOL! keeping my 3gs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    An AT&T rep told a MMi user that Best Buy will not have any iPhones by launch day.
    This statement is irrelevant. AT&T reps are the most misinformed force in the world it seems. I have AT&T for all of my important services (UVerse TV, internet, etc) and the reps I have dealt with always have a different story than the last and never seem to know what they're doing.

So what they told some random person(or allegedly told someone) really doesn't matter. They're usually talking out of their a$$es$ anyway.

Best Buy has repeatedly said they will have some (albeit limited amounts) on launch day. They are a more important retail outlet for Apple products than Radio Smack any day, so if any store is shorted Radio Shack is more likely.

I'm numbers 7 & 8 on the list at Best Buy and I fully believe I'll be posting here on Thursday telling all of you how awesome the phone is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

My i4 has already been shipped and I'd have to buy another at the "no-commitment pricing". If the price is only going to go up on Ebay, I may wait at my Wal-Mart in hopes of getting one to sell.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    This statement is irrelevant. AT&T reps are the most misinformed force in the world it seems. I have AT&T for all of my important services (UVerse TV, internet, etc) and the reps I have dealt with always have a different story than the last and never seem to know what they're doing.

So what they told some random person(or allegedly told someone) really doesn't matter. They're usually talking out of their ***** anyway.

Best Buy has repeatedly said they will have some (albeit limited amounts) on launch day. They are a more important retail outlet for Apple products than Radio Smack any day, so if any store is shorted Radio Shack is more likely.

I'm numbers 7 & 8 on the list at Best Buy and I fully believe I'll be posting here on Thursday telling all of you how awesome the phone is.

Plus wtf does a AT&T rep suppose to know about on best buy's shipment? I mean shouldn't an Apple rep other than a Best Buy rep know only? At&t is just another retailer aswell no?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    best buy have none!? i have a friend that works there and they already have them in! lol

Thanks

scary business
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

"best buy have none!? i have a friend that works there and they already have them in! lol"

I call BS. Apple just got them in.

Also we haven't delivered any i4 to best buy.
    Last edited by XFaega; 06-20-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    Im either selling my i4 for $1,000 or my 3GS for $300 by the 24th evening considering I was one of the 1st to pre order.I work at night so I got one early. Either way, Im basically get the i4 for free or getting paid to for it .Don't you just hate me :-)
    No, cus I already sold my 3GS for 485 on eBay. So, all i'm doing is getting the iPhone 4 and some accessories and i'm set!

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I sure am glad I have one reserved for me at the Apple Store. I'll be there nice and early, that for sure...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    Im either selling my i4 for $1,000 or my 3GS for $300 by the 24th evening considering I was one of the 1st to pre order.I work at night so I got one early. Either way, Im basically get the i4 for free or getting paid to for it .Don't you just hate me :-)
    I Got $300 for a 3G 16GB. You should get at least $400 for a 3GS especially if its a 32GB.