Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No iPhones at Best Buy on Launch Day?

  1. #81
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    I agree with your point and mr fan boy. Yes the demand would be less if everyone who has multiple eligible upgrades would only order 1 iPhone 4 device per house hold and wait to upgrade the other lines. However for you guys to expect that...It is not going to happen. All I am saying is stop crying about it. As I said in my other posts the 2 upgrades I did on AT&T's site don't appear to have gone thru and I expect to be notified that my pre-orders with AT&T were canceled. It sucks yes, but it seems you were one of the many that may not get a iPhone 4 on release day because of how this pre-order was setup. Sorry Bro.

    my theme song for the day!

    New Boyz - Your A Jerk MP3 | Free MP3 | MP3-Codes.com
    i don't think i'm "crying about it"... just responding to people who have things wrong. and trust me, we're all fan boys here

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to back9player For This Useful Post:

    reyg25atx (06-20-2010)

  3. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    i don't think i'm "crying about it"... just responding to people who have things wrong. and trust me, we're all fan boys here
    I agree we are all fans. I do get your point, but we both know I am not the only guy who did this move. I hope you get your iPhone 4 on release day. It sucks because we trusted the pre-order system was going to work and it was a EPIC FAIL to say the least. Sorry to be such a jerk but I think we both can see each others point.

  4. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    I agree we are all fans. I do get your point, but we both know I am not the only guy who did this move. I hope you get your iPhone 4 on release day. It sucks because we trusted the pre-order system was going to work and it was a EPIC FAIL to say the least. Sorry to be such a jerk but I think we both can see each others point.
    for sure.. i can def see your point too. sorry if i was a jerk too. and thanks for rooting for me

  5. #84
    What's Jailbreak? Bronxboy99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ganzhou, China
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default bad publicity is good publicity
    Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    its all marketing...
    I have to agree. The more hype, whether good or bad is hype that people will hear and want to part of.

  6. #85
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    try to comprehend something before you respond. upgrading 3 lines is fine. preordering 4 iphones for one account is simply a jerk move because it causes the rest to suffer cancellations or the inability to preorder at all...
    I only need two phones but I have tons of lines that qualify. Jerk move? I own a small business and have several lines that eligible right now. I can't tell you how many lines I used last year and will use this year to get phones for members of the dev teams so they can get a phone on launch day, thus allowing you to have a jailbreak quicker. I would prefer you thank me for my contribution instead of acting like a azzhat. Don't worry about getting an iPhone 4 on launch day, I am sure your mommy and daddy will pay top dollar to get you one off ebay, because you didn't plan ahead. kthxbai

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hope you don't get the money back for the pre ordered iPhones you don't pick up. It's people like you that caused the cancellation of other people's orders who only pre ordered one iPhone.
    Orly? It was my two phones I ordered at Best Buy that shut down AT&T's server? You have no idea what you are talking about. Listen children, I know you are trying to find someone to blame your lack on an iPhone 4 on but STFU.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-20-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    ronfin44 (06-20-2010), wolverinemarky (06-20-2010)

  8. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I only need two phones but I have tons of lines that qualify. Jerk move? I own a small business and have several lines that eligible right now. I can't tell you how many lines I used last year and will use this year to get phones for members of the dev teams so they can get a phone on launch day, thus allowing you to have a jailbreak quicker. I would prefer you thank me for my contribution instead of acting like a azzhat. Don't worry about getting an iPhone 4 on launch day, I am sure your mommy and daddy will pay top dollar to get you one off ebay, because you didn't plan ahead. kthxbai



    Orly? It was my two phones I ordered at Best Buy that shut down AT&T's server? You have no idea what you are talking about. Listen children, I know you are trying to find someone to blame your lack on an iPhone 4 on but STFU.
    *thumbs up*

    Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

  9. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I only need two phones but I have tons of lines that qualify. Jerk move? I own a small business and have several lines that eligible right now. I can't tell you how many lines I used last year and will use this year to get phones for members of the dev teams so they can get a phone on launch day, thus allowing you to have a jailbreak quicker. I would prefer you thank me for my contribution instead of acting like a azzhat. Don't worry about getting an iPhone 4 on launch day, I am sure your mommy and daddy will pay top dollar to get you one off ebay, because you didn't plan ahead. kthxbai



    Orly? It was my two phones I ordered at Best Buy that shut down AT&T's server? You have no idea what you are talking about. Listen children, I know you are trying to find someone to blame your lack on an iPhone 4 on but STFU.
    Very well said.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 06-20-2010 at 11:17 PM.

  10. #88
    I know for a fact that at least 100,000 of the pre-orders are StealthBravo's. Don't believe his lies.

  11. #89
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    ^ lmfao

  12. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I only need two phones but I have tons of lines that qualify. Jerk move? I own a small business and have several lines that eligible right now. I can't tell you how many lines I used last year and will use this year to get phones for members of the dev teams so they can get a phone on launch day, thus allowing you to have a jailbreak quicker. I would prefer you thank me for my contribution instead of acting like a azzhat. Don't worry about getting an iPhone 4 on launch day, I am sure your mommy and daddy will pay top dollar to get you one off ebay, because you didn't plan ahead. kthxbai



    Orly? It was my two phones I ordered at Best Buy that shut down AT&T's server? You have no idea what you are talking about. Listen children, I know you are trying to find someone to blame your lack on an iPhone 4 on but STFU.
    ur the man stealth get us that jailbreak u can have as many as you want

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I know for a fact that at least 100,000 of the pre-orders are StealthBravo's. Don't believe his lies.
    lol but he needs them all
    Last edited by wolverinemarky; 06-20-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    no one should take offense to anything like this; Best Buy is a crap store that has f@cked its customers for years. sell a few hundred thousand in gift cards, then rape their customers... I would NEVER trust or shop at Best Buy.

  14. #92
    I thought the limit was 1 iPhone per household. I had 2 upgrades, and i guess if i thought i could get away with it i would have gotten the 2 also.

  15. #93
    its one per customer, so if you have 5 eligible lines then you have to bring you and 4 people and pay 5 separate times

  16. #94
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Yea they changed the rules after I preordered. They said they would honor multiple purchases if you ordered before corporate dropped that memo.

  17. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by kyp421 View Post
    I also reserved mine at Radio Shack. I was the first on the list. Since i know the guy that works there, he said they will get them on the 24th but only a limited supply. good thing im first on the list!!



    if there were 20,000 orders and 7000 stores nationwide, thats a bit less then 3 phones a store. thats def not right!:P
    Could be correct. When the evo 4G came out a few weeks ago, the radio shack down the street got exactly 1 unit. I know one of the girls there and she told me it was gone 10 minutes after they opened ( and has been back for a screen problem of some sort, but I was not sure what she meant,( could have been cracked or damaged).

    Quote Originally Posted by swede922 View Post
    I thought the limit was 1 iPhone per household. I had 2 upgrades, and i guess if i thought i could get away with it i would have gotten the 2 also.
    I had 2 eligible upgrade lines (technically not eligible until august, but they wanted to lock us back in before they lose exclusivity) and they let me order 2. I have tracking info. I agree they have very confusing and conflicting info,
    Last edited by Shumdit; 06-21-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #96
    Yes best buy is a POS crap store.

    What one bb does another does different. They never know what is going on.

    Just go to the bb forum. There is a member named nokia that so obviously works for them but claims no affiliation. He has 9000 posts in the past year and knows bb policy to the word even when it is a new policy. He knew how pre orders were gonna work for the iPhone 4 before any of the stores knew.

    Bb will not let any words like wall mart radio shack bay or anything else be in a post. If you t ry it rejects your post and tells you "You post cannot contain the word wall mart, please edit your post and submit it again."


    I have never saw any store where 99% of the employees know absolutely nothing about what they sell.


    Go ask someone in the computer dept what the cache is on a proc on a computer your looking at. They have no clue what a cache is.

  19. #97
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Wow after reading about this all I can say is hello it is Best Buy.

    In the ad-magazines they release they show great prices but read the fine print usually says limit 15-30 per store.

    Many retailer do this, but come on honestly selling people pre-orders on a white iPhone 4 which isn't even available at a Apple Retail store.

    I called Apple yesterday and my iPhone pre-order is solid and confirmed. Stick to Apple for the original product.

    Look at what AT&T did canceling, get your numbers right already.

    LOL how can someone be working the Computer Department and not know the processors level of cache, just hourly paid people.

    Pure nonsense.
    Last edited by zmanforever; 06-22-2010 at 10:57 AM.

  20. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    You might as well throw your sleeping bag and Coleman stove back into the attic, as AT&T as just announced that due to incredibly strong demand, it will not have any iPhone 4 units for sale in stores until June 29th. Anyone who pre-ordered for in-store pick up or home delivery will get their device on launch date provided they ordered before that infamous cut-off.

    Here’s AT&T’s statement:
    Preordered for home or business delivery: iPhone 4 will begin arriving this week for customers who preordered. We’ll send an email when each order has shipped.

    Preordered for store delivery: AT&T retail representatives will begin calling customers this week to let them know their iPhone 4 is available for pick up in store.

    Retail purchase (no preorder): AT&T plans to have iPhone 4 inventory – available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last – on June 29 in its retail locations, at AT&T | Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service, and in business sales channels. As inventory sells out, AT&T will offer the convenient option of purchasing iPhone 4 and having it delivered to a home or business or an AT&T store. As always, customers will receive an email once their order is placed, and again when it ships.
    Anyone sharpening their pitchforks?
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 06-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.

  21. #99
    I have a question I havent seen the answer for.

    I haven't pre-ordered..and I understand there wont be many iPhones at the start... but what if I go like Saturday or the following Monday? Would they have more for walk-ins?

    Everything I see is about pre-orders and having them right away.. but what if you wait till the weekend? I don't know how often they get new phones in.

    thanks!

  22. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkodemanxx View Post
    I have a question I havent seen the answer for.

    I haven't pre-ordered..and I understand there wont be many iPhones at the start... but what if I go like Saturday or the following Monday? Would they have more for walk-ins?

    Everything I see is about pre-orders and having them right away.. but what if you wait till the weekend? I don't know how often they get new phones in.

    thanks!
    Apple stores seem to get stock replenished almost daily in many cases, but AT&T,best buy, walmart, etc. Will be a real crapshoot after launch day until supply catches up with demand.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shumdit For This Useful Post:

    xxkodemanxx (06-22-2010)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •