+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No iPhones at Best Buy on Launch Day?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by back9player i guess it's people like you who keep others from actually getting an iphone. If I don't pick up any of my phones, they will go
...
  1. #61
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    i guess it's people like you who keep others from actually getting an iphone.
    If I don't pick up any of my phones, they will go on sale the next day.

    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    I guess it is people like you who will be without the new iPhone on release day because you didn't plan ahead. If you were not smart enough to plan ahead, for what most of us on MMI knew was going to be crazy demand for the new iPhone 4, you can't get mad at others because they had a back up and back up-back up plan! I wish BP had a back up-back up-back up plan. I did the same thing. I pre-ordered 3. Two with AT&T and one on Apple Store and as of Sunday morning I have received my confirmation my order from Apple is shipped and is now departing Hong Kong Intl Airport in transit to the US! My 2 AT&T orders, still nothing not even a email. SO what did we learn here today? PLAN AHEAD! Don't get mad at other people because they are thinking forward and planning ahead! Get mad at yourself for not doing what you needed to do to make sure you have a new iPhone 4 on release day if that was your original intention. I guess it is time for you to head to your Store of choice AT&T, Apple, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or Radio Shack and start iCamping. Good Luck : (Bravo I got your back! ATX!!)
    haha, thanks. This is my fourth iPhone launch and I know the demand, I don't take any chances when it comes to getting an iPhone on launch day.

    We need to have an MMI launch party in Austin!

    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Isnt it pointless to camp at best buy? Pre orders come first so i would imagine first shipment and probably the second shipment is spoke for
    The best bet for camping out is an Apple store. They will have longer lines but they will also have larger inventories.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-20-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    WCR46 (06-20-2010)

  3. #62
    Green Apple reyg25atx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If I don't pick up any of my phones, they will go on sale the next day.



    haha, thanks. This is my fourth iPhone launch and I know the demand, I don't take any chances when it comes to getting an iPhone on launch day.

    We need to have an MMI launch party in Austin!



    The best bet for camping out is an Apple store. They will have longer lines but they will also have larger inventories.
    A iPhone 4 MMI ATX party sounds good!

  4. #63
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Have a Buddy at my local best buy here in northern Utah who told me today they will have some iphone 4s on the 24th he just doesn't know how many.

  5. #64
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    I guess it is people like you who will be without the new iPhone on release day because you didn't plan ahead. If you were not smart enough to plan ahead, for what most of us on MMI knew was going to be crazy demand for the new iPhone 4...)
    There wouldn't be as much of a crazy demand if people like you weren't greedy to pre order more than one iPhone 4.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  6. #65
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    People are overly critical here but it isn't Best Buy's fault. ATT actually oversold their preorder and Apple wants to give as many as they can to ATT. It is nice to see so many uninformed people ripping into the first company they can point a finger at though. What do I expect though? These are the MMI news forums after all!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  7. #66
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    780
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    Im in Austin and down for a MMI party!! Any reason to party is a great one!!

  8. #67
    iPhoneaholic unklbyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA & Europe
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    Just a quickie.
    Stealth Bravo has ordered 4 iphones because he, like me, knows how this game is played. You go to three differient stores, and for some reason get slammed 3 times, and actually GET 1 phone on release day. If stealth Bravo gets 4 phones, you can bet your sweet a&& that one of them will be torn apart within the first 6 hours, and this will benefit way more people than just you or me getting our mits on one. He has the potential to show us how to fix our phones, or give one to somebody much smarter than I will ever be in the innerworkings of the phone. Have one that works and one to tear apart to help us readers of MMI?
    I hope he gets all 4. it's his money and more experience for us.
    LAY OFF the smart people!
    Oh, and have a nice day.
    unklbyl

  9. #68
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    Just a quickie.
    Stealth Bravo has ordered 4 iphones because he, like me, knows how this game is played. You go to three differient stores, and for some reason get slammed 3 times, and actually GET 1 phone on release day. If stealth Bravo gets 4 phones, you can bet your sweet a&& that one of them will be torn apart within the first 6 hours, and this will benefit way more people than just you or me getting our mits on one. He has the potential to show us how to fix our phones, or give one to somebody much smarter than I will ever be in the innerworkings of the phone. Have one that works and one to tear apart to help us readers of MMI?
    I hope he gets all 4. it's his money and more experience for us.
    LAY OFF the smart people!
    Oh, and have a nice day.
    unklbyl
    You clearly missed the point in its entirety. The beef isn't with Stealth in and of himself. The beef is with all the people that do this (and you admitted you did it as well). Everyone doing this sort of defeats the whole point of doing a pre-order. We are at a point where we need to pre-order to have the ability to stand in line 24 hours in advance. It is simply ridiculous. If everyone went for ONE unit, while I can't say the issues would be nullified, they would be GREATLY reduced.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  10. #69
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    Just a quickie.
    Stealth Bravo has ordered 4 iphones because he, like me, knows how this game is played. You go to three differient stores, and for some reason get slammed 3 times, and actually GET 1 phone on release day. If stealth Bravo gets 4 phones, you can bet your sweet a&& that one of them will be torn apart within the first 6 hours, and this will benefit way more people than just you or me getting our mits on one. He has the potential to show us how to fix our phones, or give one to somebody much smarter than I will ever be in the innerworkings of the phone. Have one that works and one to tear apart to help us readers of MMI?
    I hope he gets all 4. it's his money and more experience for us.
    LAY OFF the smart people!
    Oh, and have a nice day.
    unklbyl
    wow... did your fillings come loose from that one? how was it stealth? i bet that felt good..

    what the hell does him getting 4 phones has to do with anything you said? i dont' want to read about how cool the phone is and how to "fix" it... dumb... dumb.. dumb...

    i want an iphone in my hands, you fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    There wouldn't be as much of a crazy demand if people like you weren't greedy to pre order more than one iPhone 4.
    didn't plan ahead? i was up at 1am trying to preorder via online... i also went at all the att stores in my area the next day..

    you are an idiot who makes statements based on a false premise.

    please shut up...

    [QUOTE=StealthBravo;5297615]If I don't pick up any of my phones, they will go on sale the next day.

    that's not the point and you know it...
    Last edited by back9player; 06-20-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #70
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If I don't pick up any of my phones, they will go on sale the next day.
    I hope you don't get the money back for the pre ordered iPhones you don't pick up. It's people like you that caused the cancellation of other people's orders who only pre ordered one iPhone.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  12. #71
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hope you don't get the money back for the pre ordered iPhones you don't pick up. It's people like you that caused the cancellation of other people's orders who only pre ordered one iPhone.
    here's to that! it's one thing to be greedy, but to brag about it and then act like it's okay because some idiot backs up his lame stance? riiiiiight...,

  13. #72
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hope you don't get the money back for the pre ordered iPhones you don't pick up. It's people like you that caused the cancellation of other people's orders who only pre ordered one iPhone.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  14. #73
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    your response says it all....

  15. #74
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    your response says it all....

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  16. #75
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    gotta love the mature moderators here... i guess antagonizing the members is part of "moderating"

    ...how sad. sad lil man...

  17. #76
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MooShoo View Post
    More bad news!

    With all the hype of the stolen iPhone, the major success of the iPad, the introduction of a new iPhone design and the debut of Video Conferencing for the device, ONE WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT THE DEMAND WOULD BE OUTRAGEOUS!

    I understand there was no definite why to determine the exact amount requested but you know that millions will be purchased by the end of the year. JUST MAKE THE DAMN THINGS! The iPad sold 2 Million Units in 59 Days. That is 3 per second. Isn't that a direct quote from Steve Jobs himself?

    Get with it Apple! We are a bunch of idiots that want to give you more money....Hand over fist!

    MAKE MORE iPHONES!!!!
    its all marketing...
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!


  18. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Your shift key is broken, bro.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  19. #78
    Green Apple reyg25atx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    There wouldn't be as much of a crazy demand if people like you weren't greedy to pre order more than one iPhone 4.
    sorry to disappoint you buddy but it is not called greedy. I have earned my 3 upgrades for the years of service and money I have paid to AT&T. I have the cash, I have all 3 lines eligible for upgrade, so why should I disappoint my wife and kid because of your unfortunate circumstances. I pre-ordered what I wanted because I could. Put yourself in my shoes, if all your lines were eligible and you had the cash and and your loved ones; be it girlfriend, mistress, kid or whatever, wanted one...you are telling me you would think to yourself.."self some poor soul out there will not be able to get a iPhone 4 if I upgrade all my 3 lines of service so I will just upgrade one line not all."..Sorry but my opinion is I highly doubt you would think of others if you were in the same boat as me.

  20. #79
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    sorry to disappoint you buddy but it is not called greedy. I have earned my 3 upgrades for the years of service and money I have paid to AT&T. I have the cash, I have all 3 lines eligible for upgrade, so why should I disappoint my wife and kid because of your unfortunate circumstances. I pre-ordered what I wanted because I could. Put yourself in my shoes, if all your lines were eligible and you had the cash and and your loved ones; be it girlfriend, mistress, kid or whatever, wanted one...you are telling me you would think to yourself.."self some poor soul out there will not be able to get a iPhone 4 if I upgrade all my 3 lines of service so I will just upgrade one line not all."..Sorry but my opinion is I highly doubt you would think of others if you were in the same boat as me. :
    try to comprehend something before you respond. upgrading 3 lines is fine. preordering 4 iphones for one account is simply a jerk move because it causes the rest to suffer cancellations or the inability to preorder at all...

  21. #80
    Green Apple reyg25atx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default The Sun will come out tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    try to comprehend something before you respond. upgrading 3 lines is fine. preordering 4 iphones for one account is simply a jerk move because it causes the rest to suffer cancellations or the inability to preorder at all...
    I agree with your point and mr fan boy. Yes the demand would be less if everyone who has multiple eligible upgrades would only order 1 iPhone 4 device per house hold and wait to upgrade the other lines. However for you guys to expect that...It is not going to happen. All I am saying is stop crying about it. As I said in my other posts the 2 upgrades I did on AT&T's site don't appear to have gone thru and I expect to be notified that my pre-orders with AT&T were canceled. It sucks yes, but it seems you were one of the many that may not get a iPhone 4 on release day because of how this pre-order was setup. Sorry Bro.

    my theme song for the day!

    New Boyz - Your A Jerk MP3 | Free MP3 | MP3-Codes.com
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 06-20-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts