Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No iPhones at Best Buy on Launch Day?

this is bull apple needs to step up it game

They really messed this up meaning mostly Apple and AT&T. They should have NOT allowed everyone eligible for an upgrade these next 6 months to pre-order on day one. They could have done more of a rollout allowing those eligible first then after a day or two, those within a month and so on. With no forewarning they would have been able to accept the pre-orders without completely FAILing. Also they would have been able to allow those who weren't eligible until the end of the year to still reserve one for july or whenever they would next be able to supply the demand. They could have still dropped rumors of allowing people not eligible at the time would still be allowed to reserve, just not day one. Word would have still gotten around.

Oh and apple.com the Apple Store, the Apple Store App, and AT&T had all been crammed and or down when I tried, so I DID use Best Buy. Store Rep allowed me to reserve a white one, and when i mentioned that i didn't think they were going to be able to he replied "oh you hear that on the internet or something? Huh. That's odd, because this is from apple and they haven't told us anything different about not being able to reserve white ones. And that i would DEFINITELY be getting one on the 24th. He then guaranteed me when i asked if he was sure.

Two hours later i get a call saying i need to come back in and change my reserve because they just received word from apple that they would NOT be getting any white ones in. But i would be allowed to keep my place in line on the reserve list. Also this guy promised i would be getting one on the 24th.

So i come back in and they "fixed" my reservation to a black one, and proceeded to tell me again that i would DEFINITELY be getting one and that i was number 11. I asked again "are you completely positive". Then i was promised AGAIN that i would definitely be getting one on the 24.

..idiots
    Last edited by B_adl_y; 06-19-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I pre ordered twice. A white one and a black one from BB, and a black one from the apple store (just in case). I will be really mad If I don't get them on the 24th from BB. Plus they made me buy 2 gift cards for $50 each, which are not refundable.
    Last edited by playeron87; 06-19-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_adl_y View Post
    They really messed this up meaning mostly Apple and AT&T. They should have NOT allowed everyone eligible for an upgrade these next 6 months to pre-order on day one. They could have done more of a rollout allowing those eligible first then after a day or two, those within a month and so on. With no forewarning they would have been able to accept the pre-orders without completely FAILing. Also they would have been able to allow those who weren't eligible until the end of the year to still reserve one for july or whenever they would next be able to supply the demand. They could have still dropped rumors of allowing people not eligible at the time would still be allowed to reserve, just not day one. Word would have still gotten around.

Oh and apple.com the Apple Store, the Apple Store App, and AT&T had all been crammed and or down when I tried, so I DID use Best Buy. Store Rep allowed me to reserve a white one, and when i mentioned that i didn't think they were going to be able to he replied "oh you hear that on the internet or something? Huh. That's odd, because this is from apple and they haven't told us anything different about not being able to reserve white ones. And that i would DEFINITELY be getting one on the 24th. He then guaranteed me when i asked if he was sure.

Two hours later i get a call saying i need to come back in and change my reserve because they just received word from apple that they would NOT be getting any white ones in. But i would be allowed to keep my place in line on the reserve list. Also this guy promised i would be getting one on the 24th.

So i come back in and they "fixed" my reservation to a black one, and proceeded to tell me again that i would DEFINITELY be getting one and that i was number 11. I asked again "are you completely positive". Then i was promised AGAIN that i would definitely be getting one on the 24.

..idiots

Chillax. You probably will.

i for one vot that this is rubbish that they did not tell anyone of no white iphone 4 at launch .. and then near half of us are told 50 different things .... i want a white 4 32 gb just like me 3g and 3gs are .... i was told i whould have a white 32 gb ... i was at the store 2 hours early and i had gotten mine with no problem last year ... hopefully it will be the same this year

Posted on the Best Buy website (http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-.../td-p/117476):

iPhone 4 Pre-order FAQ
    [ Edited ]
    Options

* Mark as New
    * Bookmark
    * Subscribe
    * Subscribe to RSS Feed
    * Highlight
    * Print
    * Email to a Friend
    * Report Inappropriate Content

06-15-2010 11:13 PM - last edited on 06-18-2010 12:23 PM

Please note that effective immediately Best Buy® will no longer be accepting pre-orders for any models of the iPhone 4.

If you have an existing pre-order, it will still be valid. We have stopped all pre-orders due to the demand and inventory concerns. Still, proper expectations need to be set. A pre-order does not guarantee a phone on launch day and this is clearly stated on all pre-order flyers and documentation. It is simply a way of queuing our inventory whenever the store gets their quantities of iPhone 4 inventory. If your place in the pre-order queue is higher than the inventory received for launch, your pre-order will roll over to the second shipment and so on.

That being said, if you pre-ordered early you have a fairly strong chance of getting the phone on launch day. You will hear from the store a few days before launch to schedule an appointment. We will have a better understanding of what inventory we can expect to receive from Apple for launch day around the 22nd or 23rd. So, I encourage everyone to wait until you hear from your store before making assumptions.

This launch is big, to say the least. Every place that sells the iPhone 4 will probably be experiencing the highest demand for any phone release ever. We can only sell what we are given by Apple. I hope it goes without saying that we will do absolutely everything we, as a retailer, can to meet demand. But, the fact of the matter is it will probably be completely out of our control when it comes to inventory constraints.

Is Best Buy® still launching the iPhone 4 on launch day, June 24th, 2010?

Yes. At this time we have not received any notice from Apple of a change in launch date.

Does pre-ordering the iPhone 4 at Best Buy® guarantee me a phone on launch day, June 24th, 2010?

No. However, we do fulfill pre-order in the order they were placed.

Did Best Buy® take pre-orders for the black iPhone 4?
    Yes, but we stopped taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4 16GB Black (SKU: 1038865) and iPhone 4 32GB Black (SKU: 1039188) on Wednesday, June 16th, 2010.

Did Best Buy® take pre-orders for the white iPhone 4?
    Yes, but we stopped taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4 16GB White (SKU: 1039203) and iPhone 4 32GB White (SKU: 1049294) late Tuesday, June 15th, 2010.

What if I already pre-ordered either the white iPhone 4 or black iPhone 4 at Best Buy®?
    If you have already pre-ordered either the iPhone 4 16GB White (SKU: 1039203), iPhone 4 32GB White (SKU: 1049294), iPhone 4 16GB Black (SKU:1038865) or iPhone 4 32GB Black (SKU: 1039188) then your pre-order is still valid. You will receive your phone once the store receives the product from Apple. This may or may not be on launch day, June 24th, 2010.

If I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 at Best Buy®, will I get it on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on how many the store receives from Apple. Any inventory received will be used to fulfill outstanding pre-orders in the order they were placed. For example, if the store has twenty pre-orders on launch day but only received fifteen phones from Apple, then the first fifteen pre-orders should receive their phone on launch day.

Will Best Buy® receive inventory of the white iPhone 4 on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on when the product is received from Apple. While we have ordered all versions of the iPhone 4 from Apple, we can only sell what we are provided with.

When did Best Buy® start taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4?
    We started taking pre-orders on Tuesday, June 15th, 2010.

When did Best Buy® stop taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4?
    We stopped taking pre-orders on Wednesday, June 16th, 2010.

Does Best Buy® have a limit on how many pre-orders or iPhone 4 purchases each customer can have?
    Yes, limit one (1) phone per customer.

What if my iPhone 4 pre-order at Best Buy® was already placed for more than one (1) phone?
    The pre-order will still be valid.

Is there a charge to pre-order the iPhone 4 at Best Buy®?
    A $50 deposit will be applied toward a $50 Best Buy® gift card. There is no fee for the pre-order itself.

Does Best Buy® require me to use the Best Buy® gift card, purchased at time of pre-order, towards the actual iPhone 4 purchase?
    No, the gift card sold to pre-order your iPhone 4 may be used towards any purchase at a US Best Buy® store or on BestBuy.com and does not need to be used at the time the iPhone 4 is purchased. The customer does not need to present the $50 gift card at point of sale to purchase the iPhone 4.

What is the price of the iPhone 4 at Best Buy® with a new 2-year activation or fully qualified upgrade?
    $199.99 for 16GB Black (SKU: 1049078), $299.99 for 32GB Black (SKU: 1049087), $199.99 for 16GB White (SKU: 1049236), $299.99 for 32GB White (SKU: 1049245).

What is the regular price of the iPhone 4 at Best Buy®?
    $599.99 for 16GB Black (SKU: 1049078), $699.99 for 32GB Black (SKU: 1049087), $599.99 for 16GB White (SKU: 1049236), $699.99 for 32GB White (SKU: 1049245).

Will Best Buy® allow me to switch which particular iPhone 4 my pre-order is for?
    No, since we have stopped taking all pre-orders for the iPhone 4.

If I recently purchased an iPhone at Best Buy® and want to exchange it for the iPhone 4, can I?

Yes, but only within the return and exchange period which is 30 days. We will not be making exceptions outside of this policy even if the iPhone 4 is not available within the 30 days.

Will my local Best Buy® store be opening early on Thursday, June 24th, 2010?

Stores have not been instructed to open early; but, each store may choose to open early if they would like to. Check with your local store on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 to see what time they are opening.

If I didn't pre-order an iPhone 4, will Best Buy® have any available for non pre-order sale on Thursday, June 24th, 2010?

All inventory will be used to fulfill pre-orders first. Only after the store has confirmed that they have more than enough to fulfill all pre-orders will they allow one to be sold without a pre-order. This is unlikely, however, since pre-order demand was so high. It would be best to check with your local store on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 to see if they expect any non pre-ordered inventory.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to asmacumber For This Useful Post:

tampabuc2004 (06-19-2010)

I pre-ordered mine on the 16th. I got the 32 gig. I figure that most people are getting the 16 gig, because people are cheap. I got mine like a hour before it closed. I then called a co-worker, and he was like, no, I cant get there.. I'll do it tomorrow... Well, we went there during lunch to see if he could get one, and they had stopped taking preorders... I think I was #45. I sure hope I get it, as I Sold my 3GS today, and have me sim in a cheap samsung slider phone. Feels like I am in the Stone ages now.. Those old WAP browsers are soo painfull!!!

I think I am going to stop by the store Wed night, and see if the know if I will get it the next day. If not, I will join my friends that will bw camping for it.

I have a question When i went in to preorder my phone i knew that apple wasnt going to have any white models for launch, but the people at my store said that they were still getting white ones in for launch. Now all those who decided to order white instead of black and they put in the back of the line or are they integrated. The only reason i ask is because when i preordered i was the fifth to order the 32gig black so am i still the fifth or am i like tenth now?? thanks for the help

Exactly!! Bet they're doing the same thing with the walk-in vs. pre-orders at Apple and AT&T stores (honestly I think this is more fair anyway, the people who took the time to order ahead of time and were willing to pay up front SHOULD be rewarded for that)

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have 2 reserved at Best Buy (number 2&3 on the list) and I have 2 reserved at the Apple store. I hope thats enough to get my hands on the iPhone 4
    i guess it's people like you who keep others from actually getting an iphone.

I'm sorry but if you still think you are getting a white ipone on launch day you are going to be very sad. If you think Best Buy is going to get white iphones before at&t stores and apple stores, you are once again wrong. Sorry end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    And this is why Wal-Mart will take over the world.

I see iPhone 4's going for over 2 grand on E-bay on the 25th. This will be...great?
    You should have said "over 7 grand" lol...BRAND NEW SEALED APPLE IPHONE 4 HD 32GB PRE ORDER 4G - eBay (item 170500351868 end time Jun-21-10 18:28:21 PDT)

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    Careful what you ask for... Got mine from apple too, i receive my confirmation even on the Apple status site show my order, i paid with 2 cards but today one of it show the money back... so don't know what's going on but i think i'll be camping Wednesday night..
    I got my confirm email and thats it nothing else, plus i reserved mine like at 8 am on June 15th...

I recieved an email mailing saying it shipped from Hong Kong and will be delievered on the 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I sure hope everyone stays away from the eBay users trying to sell pre orders. Retailers can't guarantee anything and I find it hard to believe a guy can offer a black or white for a 24th shipment.

I did pre order from BB. I have no clue if I'll get it on the 24th but I am not going to do the stand in line thing again. I can seriously wait one to two weeks for it. It isn't that important.

Plus since I've been without an iPhone for over a week I feel like a weight has been lifted. I get out more. Smell the fresh air. Exercise. Make lasting memories. Spend quality time with my friends and family. Maybe I really shouldn't go back to an iPhone....
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

I'm gonna kill someone if I don't get it at best buy... I was there early for a preorder...

I just recieved my shipping confirmation from Apple. Delivered by FedEx for June 24. FedEx tracking says its in Lantau Island HK wherever that is. It says it was first picked up in Shenzhen CN.
    Last edited by vindutch; 06-20-2010 at 10:04 AM.

For everyone who Pre ordered at BB.

BB may have policies but every BB dies they're own thing. One BB will do things different from another. I have Pre ordered many things at all different BB's.

BB employees are clueless as to what's going on.

All you have to do. Is look at the BB forum under the mobile phone part to see this.

People have been told everything from there will be no iPhones at launch to you have to take a spaceship to the moon to pick it up on launch day.

Personally the only reason i go through BB is because i get the insurance and use it . I had my 3G replaced 3 times and my 3GS twice.

I don't even go up there unless the mobile dept manager is there and even then half the time they have no clue what is going on.

I'm not saying this about the white one, just about anything BB may have told you in general.

If you guys recall the two weeks before the iPhone 4 was announced there was quite a few tech blog sites that had white iPhone 4 cases. There is no difference in the white and the black besides the case. Word was anyone who was willing to pay could get the new iPhone 4 white shell or case from the back door of Foxconn.

That being said there is a good chance there will be white ones at launch, just not enough to go around. So anyone who was early to pre order a white one at BB may infect get one.

But just to be safe my local BB mobile dept manager told me if they don't get any in she will give me the option of getting a black one. So maybe this will work for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    i guess it's people like you who keep others from actually getting an iphone.
    I guess it is people like you who will be without the new iPhone on release day because you didn't plan ahead. If you were not smart enough to plan ahead, for what most of us on MMI knew was going to be crazy demand for the new iPhone 4, you can't get mad at others because they had a back up and back up-back up plan! I wish BP had a back up-back up-back up plan. I did the same thing. I pre-ordered 3. Two with AT&T and one on Apple Store and as of Sunday morning I have received my confirmation my order from Apple is shipped and is now departing Hong Kong Intl Airport in transit to the US! My 2 AT&T orders, still nothing not even a email. SO what did we learn here today? PLAN AHEAD! Don't get mad at other people because they are thinking forward and planning ahead! Get mad at yourself for not doing what you needed to do to make sure you have a new iPhone 4 on release day if that was your original intention. I guess it is time for you to head to your Store of choice AT&T, Apple, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or Radio Shack and start iCamping. Good Luck (Bravo I got your back! ATX!!)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reyg25atx For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (06-20-2010), WCR46 (06-20-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Isnt it pointless to camp at best buy? Pre orders come first so i would imagine first shipment and probably the second shipment is spoke for

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast