+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No iPhones at Best Buy on Launch Day?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
does any one know what time will walmart open it's doors on june 24th?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

does any one know what time will walmart open it's doors on june 24th?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have 2 reserved at Best Buy (number 2&3 on the list) and I have 2 reserved at the Apple store. I hope thats enough to get my hands on the iPhone 4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

reyg25atx (06-20-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have 2 reserved at Best Buy (number 2&3 on the list) and I have 2 reserved at the Apple store. I hope thats enough to get my hands on the iPhone 4
    if you can get the 4 you can make good money. maybe send one my way?

Thanks

Reading this there's no reason to think they won't have iPhones on the 24th, they just aren't certain that they will have white and what sort of quantities each store will get. As they are not limiting the quantity of pre-orders and they are taking pre-orders for white (or were originally when this document came out), they knew that many of those pre-orders they took would probably not be available on the 24th and didn't want people to make promises they could not keep.

While they are hedging even for the first person who pre-orders a black iPhone as well, it seems like they're just being overly prudent. Nothing in this makes me think they won't have some iPhones on launch day.

I didn't pre-order at Best Buy this year, but I did with the 3gs and last year on the 3gs they didn't start taking pre-orders until like 2-3 days before launch because that's when they finally knew exactly how many units they were getting of each sku. This year is just being done differently.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Not even anyone from apple is getting a white one on the 24th. Them taking orders was a goof on their part, which is why they were told to stop taking pre-orders on the white.

I wish you luck, but highly doubt you'll get a white phone. Maybe you can get them to give you some free accessories or something for messing up if you don't.
    I'd be more optimistic myself. I'd guess it's 50/50 that he gets a white one. Apple didn't want AT&T to do white preorders, but Best Buy didn't get that message. This does not necessarily mean that nobody will have white phones on launch day, just that there aren't going to be enough to fufill pre-orders so Apple wanted to avoid that altogether.

I'd say there's still a 50% chance that everybody who carries the iPhone does get some white ones in stock, they just won't have been pre-ordered to anyone except at Best Buy stores.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 06-19-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

never get something on release day, wait for no lines
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Default What should I do?
    I have 3 total! 2 via AT&T site. (not sure when I will get them but likely Not on June 24). The other was reserved on Apple Store and as you may have seen that one is ready to ship to my door on June 24. I have always been very patient. Maybe I will put my iPhone 4 on Ebay on release day 6/24 and just wait for my other 2 to come in later. My kid doesn't need a iPhone 4 anyway. He has a 3GS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm number 7 at the best buy that I preordered from, hopefully i'll be a lucky number 7 on the 24th. And even though I didn't preorder white I will ask for one whenever they come in.

Thanks

Default Inside info?!
    I cannot release my sources but, I have it on good word AT&T stores will only have 50 iPhone 4 devices on hand at launch date. The informant was not clear on if there will be 50 of each 16gb and 32gb, so hopefully it will be 50 of both but don't count on it! After that pre-orders! We all know how that turned out the first time!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's funny how everyone is getting a different message. My store told me they were alloting 50. Beside that, they were supposed to call everyone that had ordered a white one and tell them they had to change it or they weren't getting a phone. Luckily, I called them first to ask about it.

#11 on the list better get me one.

Thanks

I avoided going to any store and just ordered online.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I Wk at a bby and the mess up happen is bc we were told we were getting whites as well as, apple and AT&T just not enough to make it fair to pre-order, first come first serve. BBY WILL HAVE the IPhone 4 on launch we just don't know how many, as apple never informed us about the white avail or quanties of either or.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiCkStOuCh View Post
    I Wk at a bby and the mess up happen is bc we were told we were getting whites as well as, apple and AT&T just not enough to make it fair to pre-order, first come first serve. BBY WILL HAVE the IPhone 4 on launch we just don't know how many, as apple never informed us about the white avail or quanties of either or.
    so there will be white ones on launch date? they just didnt mass produce them like they did the black ones?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Word

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went to radioshack at 6am, and got on the reserve list.. Then I went back Friday, and ask were they ganna be able to get me one.. They said since I was the very first person to reserve, that even if they only got 1 phone I would get it. But the guy there said radioshack as a whole had 20,000 ordered for launch day.. I beleive there are 7000 stores nationwide, so that seems to me like alot to go around for each store :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also reserved mine at Radio Shack. I was the first on the list. Since i know the guy that works there, he said they will get them on the 24th but only a limited supply. good thing im first on the list!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcal08 View Post
    I went to radioshack at 6am, and got on the reserve list.. Then I went back Friday, and ask were they ganna be able to get me one.. They said since I was the very first person to reserve, that even if they only got 1 phone I would get it. But the guy there said radioshack as a whole had 20,000 ordered for launch day.. I beleive there are 7000 stores nationwide, so that seems to me like alot to go around for each store :-)
    if there were 20,000 orders and 7000 stores nationwide, thats a bit less then 3 phones a store. thats def not right!:P
    Last edited by kyp421; 06-19-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

So 2.86 iPhones per Radioshack then? Good thing you're number one

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

No, that's more like 3 per store

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brant8624 View Post
    WTF. Best buy............ Seems like no where to pre-order a iphone 4 was the BEST place to BUY from. Well I did pre-order mine from best buy, and a white one too... N I got stormed on on the way home from best buy bc I decided to take my so I can get there faster. They Better come through with my white iPhone on June 24th
    Sorry buddy your white iPhone 4 dreams are shattered until late summer, whever that means.

Thanks

All these iPhone 4 threads make me realize George Santayana was right:
    iPhone 3G S Delivering . . . Tomorrow?!?

Thanks

one thing to keep in mind about how many each store gets is that it also depends on the location of the store. different market trends will get different quanities. so a store that usually has higher sales and more traffic will get more in stock vs stores w/ less traffic and lower sales numbers will get less quantity. at least that's how best buy works (i'm still employed with bby but on military leave)