+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iPhone 4 Buyers Already iCamping

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If the early bird gets the worm, perhaps the early bird will also get the new iPhone 4. There are scattered reports around the country this weekend of people already
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Some iPhone 4 Buyers Already iCamping

If the early bird gets the worm, perhaps the early bird will also get the new iPhone 4.

There are scattered reports around the country this weekend of people already setting up camp outside their nearest Apple store to wait in line until doors open on June 24th so that they may be the first to purchase and take home the updated Apple smartphone. As you may have heard in passing, the 4th generation iPhone has already encountered one or two supply problems.

Apparently the best way to ensure preordering is to take a week (or longer) and stand in line ahead of everyone else looking to purchase the same device. Justin Wagoner of Dallas, for example, is making headlines for being among the "fearless and loyal" Apple fans willing to set up camp and be the first to greet iPhone 4 when it officially arrives Thursday. Wagoner, who pitched his tent Wednesday, has already been in line and slept outside for three nights.

His only complaint? The heat. "The heat is just killing me," the 25-year-old tells the Dallas Morning News. And with predicted temperatures of at least 100 degrees each day through the end of next week, Wagoner will be sweatin' to the oldies on his iPod until the new iPhone 4 is in hand.

Although the online preorder program got off on the wrong foot (to say the least) with server crashes and security glitches of epic proportions, it's a safe bet that this dude would still be outside and in line even if he had the choice to painlessly preorder his device. You see, the Dallas native has a tradition going, as this extended wait marks the third time he's gone iCamping ahead of a new iPhone launch.

At least when June 24th finally does arrive, Wagoner won't have 600,000 people in front of him like many iPhone 4 shoppers encountered at the start of preordering.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (06-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wednesday is a little too early, isn't it?

Thanks

That is just NUTS lol

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be a lot of fun to hang out and camp to get the iPhone. I always wanted to do that!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sounds like fun!

Thanks

Losers

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

And this is why people hate Apple, iPhones and their users. WTF? Order it online like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I think it would be a lot of fun to hang out and camp to get the iPhone. I always wanted to do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Sounds like fun!
    You guys are both nuts!!!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 06-19-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

Chrisscool (06-20-2010)

Thanks

This is just stupid. I bet he plays world of warcraft and dresses in a darth vader outfit too. Dude is an idumbarse.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to whodatfan For This Useful Post:

FURBY8704 (06-19-2010)

Thanks

Lol camping sounds like fun sucks I can't get an iPhone gotta pay for one unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What a geek

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

yea I can imagine homie is an EMO. I mean 7 days camped outside a store for a phone? most ive done is 12hrs beforehand, but i got the magic tree with me to keep me happy and laughing at all the goons.

Banned
    Thanks

Sounds like they don't have a job and don't like getting laid

Thanks

The guy has a "mild disability and is unemployed." This is where my tax dollars go? To some lazy dork who's gonna get his i4 before me?
    Last edited by knguyen; 06-19-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

losers with no life

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How can you give that many days of your life away. And if I owned the store and someone came in without bathing for seven days I would send them right back out the door(empty handed).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    And this is why people hate Apple, iPhones and their users. WTF? Order it online like everyone else.
    At least hes not bein a p*ssy and preorderin and then whining about problems like "everyone else." Let the man enjoy a tradition without hearin crap from jerk people. come on now...
    Last edited by Jmataska; 06-19-2010 at 09:58 AM.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Man dont people work? How he got $ to pay for iphone? This damn wellfare in this country. Tax $ at work guy camping for 2 weeks. Emagine he sleeps through the openning hour and by the time he wakes up iphone 4 sold out. Now that is funny

Thanks

Ha. Yeah, that would be damn funny.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, there are a bunch of haters on here. I agree with Jmataska. Maybe he takes his week of vacation every summer at this time just to do this. Maybe he gets laid so much he doesn't need to worry about taking a few days to camp out. Maybe he's independently wealthy or a street pharmacist. Who cares what another person does with their time?

The guy with the "emo" comment apparently has no idea what that means, and the "idumbarse" guy is the dumb-*** for making up that word.

Go get your iPhone boy!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mastuul For This Useful Post:

D to the M (06-19-2010), Jmataska (06-19-2010), ryanofdiamonds (06-20-2010), tecpunk64 (06-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
    Wow, there are a bunch of haters on here. I agree with Jmataska. Maybe he takes his week of vacation every summer at this time just to do this. Maybe he gets laid so much he doesn't need to worry about taking a few days to camp out. Maybe he's independently wealthy or a street pharmacist. Who cares what another person does with their time?

The guy with the "emo" comment apparently has no idea what that means, and the "idumbarse" guy is the dumb-*** for making up that word.

Go get your iPhone boy!
    I have a feeling you're the guy in line posting this from your
    3Gs. A week vacation to stand outside a hot sidewalk while strangers walk by you? Oh yea, sounds like it's all good. He get's laid so much he doesn't have to worry? Please....a street pharmacist or a wealthy guy would get some other schmuck to stand in line for him. Don't come on this board trying to be all HIGH AND MIGHTY, take a chill pill, sit back down on your computer chair and keep checking the status on your pre-order....goon.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast