+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iPhone 4 Buyers Already iCamping

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by gary86 I don't think he is self-righteous, he served in the military for his and everyone elses rights and was injured. It does take certain person to
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gary86 View Post
    I don't think he is self-righteous, he served in the military for his and everyone elses rights and was injured. It does take certain person to join the military or everyone would do it, don't knock him for it. You're right it doesnt make him or other military memebers better people but it does make him very patriotic to risk his own life for the safety of yours! Just remember that when you speak your mind freely and have the rights that you do compared to other countries. And yes I am in the military as well.

SUBJECT: Let the guy camp if he wishes, me personally I reserved mine and will be online about 1-2 hours early.
    I didnt knock him for it just trying to point out how he jumped down someones throat. Youre right it does take a certain person to be in the military but it also takes a certain person to be a Cop, a Fireman, Teacher, NHL player, Mob boss...anything really. Everyone is unique and has special talents or is born to do certain things, its not exclusive to military folks.

regardless, these people are doing something others can't/won't. a guy in my unit was court ordered to join the military and turned his life around and is a great guy. Don't bash military people. If you don't like it don't talk about it or leave the country and if ur not in the US then I def. don't wanna hear ur opinion. Easy to give it from the sidelines. BC 9 out of 10 times people will back OUR troops/sailors.
    Exactly what redcard said...Great attitude soldier. "if you dont agree with me get out of the country"...WOW. From your opinion I take that you feel that no other country has had citizens put their life on the line for country or cause, only America. Yeah, thats not self righteous at all.

A friend of mine was court ordered to attend drug/alcohol treatment and it turned his life around and he is a great guy also but I guess your friend is better because he went the military route?
    Last edited by tribe51; 06-20-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    If you don't like it don't talk about it? Nice attitude there, soldier.

People support the troops cos they actually believe you're usually doing a good thing. History usually proves otherwise.

It's a pity you don't learn proper English in the military, cos I thought communication was kinda important.

Anyway, glad your pal is doing OK. Wonder how the people he robbed, beat, stabbed, in his previous life, are doing now.
    This is a forum not an english paper so yes I usually don't freak out about writing. Not sure how you can make fun of someone when you wrote "cos"?!?! Actually he was court ordered due to reckless driving, so it was 1 year jail or sign-up. So he didn't hurt anyone (nice try though)...

Anyway we have offically jacked this thread (I say WE because atleast 3 of us are guilty of it)

BACK ON TOPIC....sorry MODS. Rock on iCamper in Dallas.
    Last edited by gary86; 06-20-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    This is a forum not an english paper so yes I usually don't freak out about writing. Not sure how you can make fun of someone when you wrote "cos"?!?! Actually he was court ordered due to reckless driving, so it was 1 year jail or sign-up. So he didn't hurt anyone (nice try though)...

Anyway we have offically jacked this thread (I say WE because atleast 3 of us are guilty of it)

BACK ON TOPIC....sorry MODS. Rock on iCamper in Dallas.
    Youre right....Back on topic. Its gotta be hot there in Dallas all day. I would never camp out this long for a phone but to each his own.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    And people wonder why society on general has taken so many steps back. You have idiots camping out for a week to buy a damn phone.... WOW.... this guy has some issues. When you think a damn telephone is worth camping 7 days for its time you get a life check and figure out what went wrong

Thanks

So he choose the military rather than a year in jail? Sounds more like a coward than a hero to me
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    So he choose the military rather than a year in jail? Sounds more like a coward than a hero to me
    not sure if you noticed or not but we are back on topic...NO ONE ENTERTAIN THIS COMMENT.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
    And people wonder why society on general has taken so many steps back. You have idiots camping out for a week to buy a damn phone.... WOW.... this guy has some issues. When you think a damn telephone is worth camping 7 days for its time you get a life check and figure out what went wrong
    If you had bothered checking the article, you'd know that the guy has issues in the form of a seizure disorder. He has no job at the time being and it's summer. The guy is taking a week to chill and have fun with the attention he's getting waiting for a product he likes. He's not some world-known surgeon who is literally killing patients because he's not in the hospital.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think he is self-righteous, he served in the military for his and everyone elses rights and was injured. It does take certain person to join the military or everyone would do it, don't knock him for it. You're right it doesnt make him or other military memebers better people but it does make him very patriotic to risk his own life for the safety of yours! Just remember that when you speak your mind freely and have the rights that you do compared to other countries. And yes I am in the military as well.

SUBJECT: Let the guy camp if he wishes, me personally I reserved mine and will be online about 1-2 hours early.
    What rights of mine was he fighting for? It's been a while since any country directly threatened any of my rights. I'm assuming he's not an 80+ year old WW2 vet.

Thanks

Ok to everyone who says the military has nothing to defends our rights from... Your welcome. To those who support our military... Thank you. Topic is done. Sorry I brought anything up. This is an iPhone forum, let's not get all political on everyone.

On another note, I think I'm going to camp out next year TWO weeks early. And when everyone asks why... Cause I want y'all to talk about me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

I am gonna stand in line 2hrs early on Thursday morning and hope I get one. If not, I will wait till mid-july for the Apple Store to ship

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i saw this guy yesterday... looked like a dumbass
    we tried not to be rude and laugh, but he knows that people think he is an idiot. He didnt look mentally challenged to me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if anyone in my area doesn't want to camp out, why not have this guy do it for you....seriously who would pay someone to stand in line for them...
    Spot in line for iPhone4- Apple Store

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnywala View Post
    i saw this guy yesterday... looked like a dumbass
    we tried not to be rude and laugh, but he knows that people think he is an idiot. He didnt look mentally challenged to me
    He has a seizure disorder, which does not mean he is mentally challenged ( we all know you wanted to say retarded). I say this is proof of how great America is- he has the freedom to spend a week camping for a phone if he feels like it, and we have the right to criticize him or pat him on the back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    if anyone in my area doesn't want to camp out, why not have this guy do it for you....seriously who would pay someone to stand in line for them...
    Spot in line for iPhone4- Apple Store
    Tha's crazy! LOL I'd pay $50 since I am making a profit on my 3GS currently on Ebay, but not $300

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

I drove by the ATT store today and only 2 guys camping out. I am going to join the line tomorrow night.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456