+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Some iPhone 4 Buyers Already iCamping

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
wow.. this iphone is not worth it. I wish I could just sit outside in a tent for a week... wheres this guy work? or... not work? lol
...
  1. #81
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 53 Times in 28 Posts

    wow.. this iphone is not worth it. I wish I could just sit outside in a tent for a week... wheres this guy work? or... not work? lol

  2. #82
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    glad i reserved with my local Apple store on the 15th. i'll walk out happy on the 24th
    killall Terminal[]

  3. #83
    What's Jailbreak? chondrostar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Are iCampers not worried about getting jacked out there at night sleeping on the street? Sounds like an easy mark.

  4. #84
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    My god...

    Well, at least you can get the iPhone 4. That would suck if you camped and then there were sold out before you could even get to them.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  5. #85
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    My god...

    Well, at least you can get the iPhone 4. That would suck if you camped and then there were sold out before you could even get to them.
    He preordered one and has it reserved for him for release day. That just makes the whole ordeal idiotic.

  6. #86
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Well I have camped out for the ps3 and it was FUN! I am a young mother of 2 teen boys and my husband and I camped out to get the ps3 for Christmas for our boys. I do have a pre-order in but could only do one so we r thinking about pitching our tent on tuesday so the rest of the family can get iphone 4. =)

    Oh and dont KNOCK it til you've tried it! hahhahahhaha its fun
    Last edited by vondersaar; 06-19-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #87
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vondersaar View Post
    Well I have camped out for the ps3 and it was FUN! I am a young mother of 2 teen boys and my husband and I camped out to get the ps3 for Christmas for our boys. I do have a pre-order in but could only do one so we r thinking about pitching our tent on tuesday so the rest of the family can get iphone 4. =)

    Oh and dont KNOCK it til you've tried it! hahhahahhaha its fun
    And that makes sense. The idiocy lies in the fact that he'll have already been in his tent for 5(?) days when you first set up yours.

    I was unable to get through on the 15th so I will be going to ATT early as well, but not days ahead, rather just 5 or 6 hrs.

  8. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    and they wonder why people call them losers

  9. #89
    What's Jailbreak? tribe51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Steeltown
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @Cory Wow, just a little self righteous arent you? I appreciate all military for what they do but enlisting was a choice they made. Some sign up for different reasons but all should understand the risks before doing so. Im sorry you got injured but you understood that was a possibility going in and youve been paid monetarily for your service and most likely for your injuries as well. How about you concentrate on your recovery instead of trying to make yourself out to be a better person and american than someone who has chosen a different path in their life.

    On subject: I'll be getting to the AT&T store about 2-3 hours before they open. General consensus is that they are getting aprox 50 phones for open sale, so hopefully Ill get one. If not, Ill just wait for the white one in august. Good luck to all you fellow non-preorderers.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tribe51 For This Useful Post:

    mortopher (06-20-2010)

  11. #90
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    what does that mean? lol

  12. #91
    iPhoneaholic zoso10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    That's weak just hide in the store until launch day

  13. #92
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I wonder how long you'll have to camp at best buy to get in the first 20?

  14. #93
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    780
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    It wouldnt matter ar best buy since pre orders are getting the first phones. Best buy wouldnt be a good place. Im afraid you'd be camping for nothing

  15. #94
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Im Camping Out At Best Buy on Wednesday. In My City our one best buy only has 20 pre orders.

  16. #95
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    I am getting in line at 5:00 Wednesday afternoon. My ATT store said they will have at least 100 phones. So my wife and I are camping out together. Should be fun.

  17. #96
    My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    516
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Gl to all those campers out there.

  18. #97
    iPhoneaholic gary86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tribe51 View Post
    @Cory Wow, just a little self righteous arent you? I appreciate all military for what they do but enlisting was a choice they made. Some sign up for different reasons but all should understand the risks before doing so. Im sorry you got injured but you understood that was a possibility going in and youve been paid monetarily for your service and most likely for your injuries as well. How about you concentrate on your recovery instead of trying to make yourself out to be a better person and american than someone who has chosen a different path in their life.

    On subject: I'll be getting to the AT&T store about 2-3 hours before they open. General consensus is that they are getting aprox 50 phones for open sale, so hopefully Ill get one. If not, Ill just wait for the white one in august. Good luck to all you fellow non-preorderers.

    I don't think he is self-righteous, he served in the military for his and everyone elses rights and was injured. It does take certain person to join the military or everyone would do it, don't knock him for it. You're right it doesnt make him or other military memebers better people but it does make him very patriotic to risk his own life for the safety of yours! Just remember that when you speak your mind freely and have the rights that you do compared to other countries. And yes I am in the military as well.

    SUBJECT: Let the guy camp if he wishes, me personally I reserved mine and will be online about 1-2 hours early.

  19. #98
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gary86 View Post
    I don't think he is self-righteous, he served in the military for his and everyone elses rights and was injured. It does take certain person to join the military or everyone would do it, don't knock him for it. You're right it doesnt make him or other military memebers better people but it does make him very patriotic to risk his own life for the safety of yours! Just remember that when you speak your mind freely and have the rights that you do compared to other countries. And yes I am in the military as well.

    SUBJECT: Let the guy camp if he wishes, me personally I reserved mine and will be online about 1-2 hours early.
    A fair chunk of people sign up for the military cos they can not function properly in normal life. These people don't sign up to 'protect your rights', they sign up cos they're bored, they sign up cos it's either the military or prison, their pals are joining up, they think it's gonna be an easy ride for a few years.

    You're right; it does take a certain type of person to join the military. It also takes a certain type of person to work in KFC.
    To live, you have to lie

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

    mortopher (06-20-2010)

  21. #99
    iPhoneaholic gary86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    A fair chunk of people sign up for the military cos they can not function properly in normal life. These people don't sign up to 'protect your rights', they sign up cos they're bored, they sign up cos it's either the military or prison, their pals are joining up, they think it's gonna be an easy ride for a few years.

    You're right; it does take a certain type of person to join the military. It also takes a certain type of person to work in KFC.
    regardless, these people are doing something others can't/won't. a guy in my unit was court ordered to join the military and turned his life around and is a great guy. Don't bash military people. If you don't like it don't talk about it or leave the country and if ur not in the US then I def. don't wanna hear ur opinion. Easy to give it from the sidelines. BC 9 out of 10 times people will back OUR troops/sailors.

  22. #100
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gary86 View Post
    If you don't like it don't talk about it or leave the country and if ur not in the US then I def. don't wanna hear ur opinion. Easy to give it from the sidelines. BC 9 out of 10 times people will back OUR troops/sailors.
    If you don't like it don't talk about it? Nice attitude there, soldier.

    People support the troops cos they actually believe you're usually doing a good thing. History usually proves otherwise.

    It's a pity you don't learn proper English in the military, cos I thought communication was kinda important.

    Anyway, glad your pal is doing OK. Wonder how the people he robbed, beat, stabbed, in his previous life, are doing now.
    To live, you have to lie

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts