+ Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Buyers Getting Shipment Status Updates

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I have buyers remorse already. Pre-ordered a 16gb through ATT premier and now want a 32gb. What are my options? Maybe get lucky on the 24th that the Apple
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So I have buyers remorse already. Pre-ordered a 16gb through ATT premier and now want a 32gb. What are my options? Maybe get lucky on the 24th that the Apple store has a 32gb I can exchange and pay the difference plus probably get socked with a 10% restocking fee!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was thinking the exact thing. I only had enough for the 16 when I preordered but now I have the extra $100 for the 32 and was wondering what were my options if I don't open it on launch date?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, here is what I have gathered...

If your order went through the premier site (because your account has a discount applied (aka. a FAN #) at the top of your Account page, then your phone is showing Backordered. Backordered means nothing at this point, it is just the premier site showing it that way. Multiple AT&T reps have confirmed that everything is fine and the iPhone will be in your hands on the 24th or 25th.

DO NOT try and figure out the AT&T ordering system and why 2 different parts of their site show 2 different status's......YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE.

So lets take a quick survey, Did your order go through the premiere site? If so, is it showing backordered?

Also people are confused about credit card holds...When you place your order a hold is placed on your card for 2-3 days, then this hold gets cleared and the funds are once again available in your account, your card will be charged again when your order ships.
    Last edited by remoteme; 06-19-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: additions/typo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to remoteme For This Useful Post:

Dust Busta (06-19-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingCane View Post
    ... if I don't open it on launch date?
    Dude, that is going to be sooo hard for me NOT to do!!

I just sold my a 3gs on ebay for $380, a 2G for $210, and I have another 2G with a broken digitizer. I can replace the digitizer, battery, and complete cover set for $50. If I can turn that around for another $200 on ebay that would be sweet. Looking at the tutorials on the web, it looks like it will take me awhile. But it will be a fun project!

I'll think I will call ATT on Monday and see what my options are. I'll post back when I find out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

^^@remoteme

Yep, Premier site. Yep, showing backordered. I hope you are right
    kwickone I.T.H.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    I was wondering the same exact thing because I'm in the same exact position as you and it's all good the best status you can have on AT&Ts website is "In Progress". The reason that the others have statuses that are different is because they ordered from the Apple Store and not AT&T
    true that actually. didnt think of it that way

Quote Originally Posted by cab View Post
    AT&T goes from In Progress to Shipped!
    Apple.com goes to prepared for shipment. But AT&T doesn't so quit freaking out at&t orders!
    i agree!
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remoteme View Post

If your order went through the premier site (because your account has a discount applied (aka. a FAN #) at the top of your Account page, then your phone is showing Backordered. Backordered means nothing at this point, it is just the premier site showing it that way. Multiple AT&T reps have confirmed that everything is fine and the iPhone will be in your hands on the 24th or 25th...

So lets take a quick survey, Did your order go through the premiere site? If so, is it showing backordered?
    Yes, I ordered through Premier and yes, it's showing as backordered.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Dude, that is going to be sooo hard for me NOT to do!!
    Yea I know who am I kidding? LOL. There's no way I can get it and not open it LOL!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I called my business account rep on Thursday tocheck that my companies orders were still ok. He said we may see them as early as Monday accordind to what he was seeing. Not sure how true that is, but I am definitely holding out hope for that

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went through ATT premier. Clicking on the link that came in the email https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/ and entering my order number, here is what I get:

Funny that it says new service. I paid $399 to upgrade my 3Gs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went through ATT premier. Clicking on the link that came in the email https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/ and entering my order number, here is what I get:

Funny that it says new service. I paid $399 to upgrade my 3Gs.
    but go here and put in your order # or wireless # and tell me what the backordered column says:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/
    Last edited by remoteme; 06-19-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godsrainbow1984 View Post
    Mine also says Prepared for Shipment on the Apple site...here's hoping!
    Your dog is AMAZING! I dont know what i like more, the iPhone 4 or your Pit
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Thanks

I am 1v of the unlucky pre-order candidates that just got the email saying their order has been canceled. I wanna ****** grab a human being by the throat and strangle them to death, this is ****** bull ****. All I did was change the shipping address.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ahh haa! Backordered!

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    I am 1v of the unlucky pre-order candidates that just got the email saying their order has been canceled. I wanna ****** grab a human being by the throat and strangle them to death, this is ****** bull ****. All I did was change the shipping address.
    So this tells me not to screw with my order and try to change to a 32gb because it will probably get canceled. Sorry dude
    Last edited by rubberneck; 06-19-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

If your order went through the premier site (because your account has a discount applied (aka. a FAN #) at the top of your Account page, then your phone is showing Backordered. Backordered means nothing at this point, it is just the premier site showing it that way. Multiple AT&T reps have confirmed that everything is fine and the iPhone will be in your hands on the 24th or 25th.

DO NOT try and figure out the AT&T ordering system and why 2 different parts of their site show 2 different status's......YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE.

Also people are confused about credit card holds...When you place your order a hold is placed on your card for 2-3 days, then this hold gets cleared and the funds are once again available in your account, your card will be charged again when your order ships.
    I ordered through the premiere site and I have 1 in the back order but I used a chase visa checking card that never had a hold on the funds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahh haa! Backordered!

So this tells me not to screw with my order and try to change to a 32gb because it will probably get canceled. Sorry dude
    Change nothing. You will blow up the AT&T system and it will cancel your order.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my story...
    ok, here's the story i got from an at&t rep that i just got off the phone with. i've called them everyday day since the 15th for answers and today they must have released newly updated press notifications to all their staff because the answers were much more informative. background: i placed my order at 4:16pm EST on the 15th via at&t's website, but my order status page & confirmation email both say that i placed it on the 16th - so i wanted clarification on that as well. first the 15th vs 16th answer. i was told that it was confirmed that my order was actually placed on the 15th at the time stated, however, my at&t contract upgrade didn't process until 5:30am EST on the 16th, hence why it reflects the 16th, but i was assured that the 15th was my official pre-order date. i was also told that my credit card would not be charged until the item was shipped. i was also told that my order status would reflect "in progress" until it was shipped, no in-between preparation status like on apple's website. i was also told that they don't, technically, have a set number of iphones to send out. i was told that at&t intends to fulfill everyone's order that was placed on the 15th before they suspended pre-orders. i was told that if their system accepted my order then it was truly accepted, when they suspended pre-orders their entire authorization process was also shut-down but some people squeaked through and the transactions didn't technically go through, hence why some retractions have been sent out. i was also told that because of the huge number of pre-orders that apple retail store walk-in's on the 24th could have an extremely low stock of iphones available - but not sure how she would have known that. she gave me that information when i told her i was going to wait in line if my order wasn't shipped out. plus she also warned me that i would not be able to buy an iphone as a walk-in unless my current pre-order was canceled because at&t's system already reflects my upgrade associated with that pre-order, for which i'm locked into - i would have to cancel my pre-order in order to buy an iphone as a walk-in. thank god i discovered that because i was planning to go wait in line somewhere if it didn't ship out wednesday night and i would have been royal pissed to only discover that i just wasted all that time. not to mention my conversation with an apple rep stating that an iphone "reservation" through their website from the 15th does not guarantee you to an iphone. it only means that there is one there if you're one of the first-come first-served on the 24th - total bull, because that's the exact same thing if you hadn't reserved one. i mean you buy reserved tickets for a concert and when you get there your seats are saved for you, they're not given to someone else. ridiculous. i was flat-out told that every single order that was placed on the 15th before they suspended pre-orders temporarily should arrive on the 24th with a few possibly arriving on the 25th, but orders placed after the suspension were not, technically, pre-orders, but rather just regular orders and could arrive much later. she said it was not suspended because of a limited number of iphones, it was shut-down because of the shipping nightmare this is about to cause in fulfilling all these orders and could have been a disaster had they not shut-down their systems when they did. she said don't be surprised if some are sent 2-day and the rest overnight. i'm going to be calling everyday until thursday so we'll see how this information differs from day-to-day and rep-to-rep. again i'll believe it when i actually have my iphone in my hands on the 24th.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered thru Premier and mine shows back-ordered so you may be right...

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    Damn bro...I would be beyond PISSED too if it was me!!! I think i would throw my ******* 3G in the trash and say **** AT&T and Apple if that happened.
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 06-19-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share I ordered from Apple website and got this shipment confirmation from them. Looks like it'll arrive by June 23rd (which probably means 24th, duh) and it's allowing me to pre-sign by leaving a printed fed-ex document at my front door. hope all you guys are successful!!

Last edited by supershick; 06-19-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good stuff but I'd blank my name and order number off that screen shot