Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Buyers Getting Shipment Status Updates

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    finally i get the truth!!! apple has FAILED to tell me every time I called in that there is an issue with porting my number over. Apple will not ship me a phone until att says its ok, att won't say it ok until they get my number from verizon but can't even send the request until apple gives them the phone number to port over. Apple is waiting on att's ok, att is waiting on apple! I can't believe this hasn't been noticed until now! now apple can't get me a phone by tomorrow since its coming from china. they have offered me a "bumper" but if i wanted one of those I would have ordered one! I'm about ready to just cancel my order and go with my reserved one I have waiting for me at the store.
    definitely sounds like the best thing to do is wait it out. the whole porting process is a pain in ***.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

Cory
    Did they say when they could ship it to u I'm in the same boat

Got the email about it coming today (23rd), but according to fedex online, it left Indianapolis this morning. I live in MN, so looks like I won't get it till tomorrow (24th). I called fedex and they told me the same thing.

No big deal, it's just a day, but why even send out emails saying you'll get it a day early!!!

Thanks

Ok... this got really out of hand and I decided to let apple AND att experience the confusion for themselves! So what did I do? I get a hold of someone at att portability dept. there seams to be more competent people in that dept. I explain my situation and then she is royally confused as well. I then ask her to hold on for a sec and conference call apple. I get a hold of someone there and I let them hash it out while I listened! I think it got resolved and THAT apple tech said there were phones in the us that could be overnighted to me. I'll call back in a few hours to make sure everything in their system got updated and that my phone has been shipped. That girl from apple had no idea I was waiting on the other end with att ready to get this worked out one way or the other.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

now if I can just get that "Green Apple" under my name to change to something better....
    Last edited by cory; 06-23-2010 at 08:54 AM.

oh jesus..i hope i dont have to go through all that currently on hold for time number 4 in 2 days...ill bring up the porting issue and see if that is my case. hopefully i can get my phone within the next day or so
    Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post

now if I can just get that "Green Apple" under my name to change to something better....
    only 24 more posts!

Thanks

Make sure to ask the apple rep "what flags have ever been put on this account?" you have to really ask about information they normally don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by jjr3211 View Post
    Cory
    Did they say when they could ship it to u I'm in the same boat
    I think this is where our stories gets very different. Apple would not clear my phone for shipment because they didn't have a response from att saying I was cleared for NEW service. You said you are just doing an upgrade on one of your lines. Still, the same might work for you. get both of them on the phone together and let them figure it out.

I'm off to watch a movie while at work... I love my lazy job... Then time to call apple again. I'll post my results.
    Last edited by cory; 06-23-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cory For This Useful Post:

Ticko (06-23-2010)

the apple lady i am currently talking to said they have nothing to do with number porting they just ship the phones. she said that if your number cant be ported it would be an issue while trying to activate your phone since they wont hold the shipment for not having authorization from att. "We just ship the phones" she kept repeating i am currently on hold waiting for management to look at my account. I asked about flags and she said there have been no flags payment was approved and its just waiting to be shipped.
    edit: on the phone with att now...they say they cant even find a request for my number to be ported...looks as if im screwed
    Last edited by Ticko; 06-23-2010 at 09:47 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

Cory
    Well yes and no it was still AT&T that was screwin me up they were tryin to say that I didn't have a line that I could up grade witch I had 3 that could so I think I got it all worked out so I hope I showes up tomorrow I'm gona call and check on everything when I get home and I hope they are right about there being phones in the u.s. That can be overnighted let me know how you make out

i finally got my confirmation for my number to be ported over from ATT porting department (much better at what they do than any other department) but they said there is no confirmation number i can give to apple. So I called back apple and told them what att had told me that there was no record of my number even wanting to be ported over so the guy sumbitted a port request and it was approved. The lady says all i can see is that your order should be delivered until tomorrow. I tried not to be rude with her because its not her fault but i simply asked for a manager since they can see thing most cannot and she told the manager of the time the same thing and the manager almost as much as guaranteed me that ill be receiving my iphone tomorrow and should be on the look out for a tracking number sometime soon. I highly doubt it but in any case i did all i could to help apple and att do their job that they are contracted to do so if i dont get a tracking number by tonight i am allowed to get livid with apple and the lady from apple said yes that would be grounds for being upset. so we will see by the end of the day today

So I just got off the phone with Att in regards to my order which still says "in proccess" I placed the order on the 15th but my order status says that it was placed on the 16th. I asked her if I'm going to get the iphone tommorrow and she replied" you will not get it tomorrow if you haven't received a tracking number yet and will most likely receive it on July 2.Oh well

Thanks

well my movie is over, by the way "Legion" is a great movie, and I'm off to call apple and see why I don't have a tracking number yet...

wow what a surprise... my wait time is greater then 5 min...

apple does have better music then most hold lines, but still kinda cheesy.... at least their not telling all about their products over and over again like att.

"All our reps are currently assisting other customers. Please hold and your call will be answered by the next available person to yell at."

Well, after talking with a manager in Dallas Texas at a corporate office, my online order is trashed. Looks like I'll be going down to my local apple store to buy my reserved one. I'm sure glad I reserved one just in case. Apple did give me an iPhone 4 dock for free though. At least I got something out of it. Since my local store is in a mall, I called their security to find out how early they are allowing people to line up. According to them, no one will be allowed to line up before 5am and anyone walking around will be asked to leave. I'll go down about 3 am just in case. Since I'm an apple junkie, I'll be taking me 3G iPad with me and will post on how everything is going.
    Last edited by cory; 06-23-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, tracking my iPhone that I ordered from AT&T to be delivered to the store still shows it's sitting at the local airport since 8pm last night. However, I did get a call from the AT&T store earlier today saying my iPhone is in and I could pick it up tomorrow starting at 7am. I ordered on launch day at 5:30pm EST at the AT&T store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

FWIW, I received my iPhone today (about 12 noon Mountain Time US)!!! Thought this might help you all keep the faith I just received my first "has shipped" email yesterday.

Also FYI, FedEx's web updates are way behind. My last update said "At Dest Facility" after is was delivered.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Kwickone,
    When did the AT&T website show shipped, mine still says in process?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got my phone this morning and fedex still says at sorting facility. so have faith everyone it should come today!

Quote Originally Posted by joe88 View Post
    i got my phone this morning and fedex still says at sorting facility. so have faith everyone it should come today!
    what was your 'no later than' time for delivery? Mine's 4:30pm, just wondering if it might happen sooner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I received BOTH of mine about 2 hours ago. And FEDEX shows that one at the local facility scheduled for delivery TOMORROW and the other one also says at local sorting facility to be delivered today before 3:30.

Yet I have both right now.

Top left corner of FEDEX website is says Tracking update, hover on it and it says that their site is WAY behind.

hey guys,

what happens if you get it shipped and you also have a phone on reserve? i did this just in case i didn't actually make the 24th shipment. in fact, the phone is supposedly arriving today but i still have a reservation tomorrow. if i don't activate the one coming to my house, will the apple store allow me to activate a pick-up tomorrow morning at the apple store and i'll have a unopened iphone sitting at home?

sorry if that was confusing. and i'm not trying to game the system, i just thought of what might happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine was supposed to be by june 24th 4:30pm. but i got the email from apple saying it would be today instead. fedex is backed up from all the extra packages so it will take time to update. but if you got the email then you will get the phone today. or at least you should

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danb708 View Post
    Kwickone,
    When did the AT&T website show shipped, mine still says in process?
    hey danb708, ATT site showed shipped yesterday the 22nd. Carrier said null, but tracking number was FedEx.

The FedEx tracking said delivery by today (23rd) by 3pm.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast