+ Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Buyers Getting Shipment Status Updates

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by oSyl2uS I have a question for you guys. I ordered through apples site and when I printed my order page it says delivers on june 24th but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oSyl2uS View Post
    I have a question for you guys. I ordered through apples site and when I printed my order page it says delivers on june 24th but my conformation email says ships july 2nd. I checked my order last night and it says prepared for shipment. Do you guys think I will get my iphone on the 24th or after the 2nd? I'm planning on taking the day off but I don't know what day to take off. Let me know your thoughts thanks in advance.

Sean
    Why would you want to take the day off? If you are concerning about not receiving the shipment, you can go to apple store website and change shipping address to your work or wherever you would be.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    AT&T UPDATE

I haven't had anything money wise pending on my account since the day after the preorder (which was on the 15th). As of today, the full amount of the phone is pending!!!!! Looks like they're getting ready to take out tomorrow !!!!
    Same here!! My wifes phone was ordered through ATT and mine through Apple. Kinda wish i did them both through apple now though.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
    I noticed that your deliver by date is 6/23 just like the notification that I received. Does this mean that it will be delivered Wednesday?
    No. Apple has a hold on all their products. It may reach your local fedex/ups/whatever store on the 22-23 but they won't deliver it until the 24th. You can't even go to the fedex place on the 23rd and pick it up early either.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
    I noticed that your deliver by date is 6/23 just like the notification that I received. Does this mean that it will be delivered Wednesday?
    Doubtful. I think it happened to a couple of people during the 3G launch 2 years ago, because Fed Ex (or UPS?) let a couple slip by accidentally. They'll just hold it at the hub on the 23rd and deliver it to you on the 24th.
    Of course, should I be wrong, I'll happily eat my words.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pumperx View Post
    Why would you want to take the day off? If you are concerning about not receiving the shipment, you can go to apple store website and change shipping address to your work or wherever you would be.
    I have a paid day off that I need to take so I figured I would just take it on the 24th if that's when I'm going to get my phone but I'm not sure if that's when its going to get here.

Thanks

Fedex will hold on all iPhone shipments 'til 24th. DO NOT try to change your delivery address!!! You might just delay yours or mess it all up

Both my orders are in transit now! Picked up yesterday from china and now they're in hongkong. Fedex working mucho overtime for the next few weeks
    Last edited by holycowe; 06-20-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm still at the "in progress" with ATT.I paid CC on the 15th at the store about noon.I have all my confirmation also.My card was charged right away.

I think ATT will show delivery starting Monday.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't plan on changing anything. Seeing all the issues that have been going on. I'm leaving everything the way it is. I just don't know if my phone will be here on the 24th or some time after the second. Like i stated in a previous post my receipt that I printed after completing my order on apple's web site says delivery date June 24th but the email I got from apple says the 2nd but my order status has changed to prepared for shipment. I don't know what to think lol. If anyone can help clear this up that would be great.

Thanks

i have a quick question that i havent seen answered.

what about people that pre-ordered on apple.com that chose to pick up in store? are we still good? i have an email from them saying that i can come in beginning at 7am to pick it up and that i have til the end of the day on the 24th to pick it up. i havent received any other emails saying otherwise. anyone else?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shore View Post
    I'm still at the "in progress" with ATT.I paid CC on the 15th at the store about noon.I have all my confirmation also.My card was charged right away.

I think ATT will show delivery starting Monday.
    i also ordered through ATT and my credit card has a charge BUT its a pending authorization. It wont post to the account until they actually "charge" it when it gets shipped.. Mine also shows in progress, hopefully they will be shipped starting tomorrow

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

well i was on hold for over an hour and dont really know anything more than i did before i called she said every was good to go and i should get it on the 24th but still no email and shiping staus has not changed but they did take my money off my card

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oSyl2uS View Post
    I don't plan on changing anything. Seeing all the issues that have been going on. I'm leaving everything the way it is. I just don't know if my phone will be here on the 24th or some time after the second. Like i stated in a previous post my receipt that I printed after completing my order on apple's web site says delivery date June 24th but the email I got from apple says the 2nd but my order status has changed to prepared for shipment. I don't know what to think lol. If anyone can help clear this up that would be great.
    I would say the 2nd if you ordered through Apple. Reason that is my guess is because those that are getting them on the 24th have received emails saying "shipped." Yours said "prepared for shipment." I could be wrong though and if you ordered through AT&T then it's anyone's guess.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone know AT&T is going to start shipping??

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
    werd

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

So a couple of people have said something about a fedex trick to check on shipping could I have a little info on that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
    idk my order status still says "In Progress"
    hopefully they come on the 24th, or the 25th!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    someone else explained what in-progress and back ordered mean. If it says in progress and not back ordered than your phone has been assigned a s/n and will be shipped in the first batch.

Hopefully it helps some people, i am going crazy waiting for my phone and this information i found made me very happy

Explanation of the AT&T Order Status Screen

I posted this at the end of another thread last week - but I think it might be worth reposting here:

I spoke to an old college buddy last week. He works as an operational manager at the AT&T Wireless Central Distribution Center outside of Arlington, TX - and he said that this whole thing was (obviously) a nightmare and he was in the office for 48 straight hours.

He explained the vague terminology of the AT&T status system. Apparently there is no stock in the CDC right now, but Apple is (and has been) transmitting databases of S/N's in batches of 35,000 to AT&T. He said Apple is the only hardware vendor that operates this way prior to a launch. They wait until the last possible minute to hand the hardware over to AT&T in order to prevent early leaks.

When your status reads "PROCESSING" without the "BACKORDER" flag, it means that your order number has been married to an iPhone S/N, it will be shipped in the first batch, and you will likely receive it on the 24th.

If it does have the "BACKORDER" flag, it means that they received the order, and they anticipate enough stock for the 2nd or 3rd wave, but they have not paired your order number to the S/N of a phone (and this is changing day to day as they wade though the system) - so if it says BACKORDER now, it might not next week prior to the fulfillment launch.

If you have an ALERT flag (which looks like a red exclamation point) that's bad. It means that they oversold their anticipated stock (since automation went down several times they were processing some orders by hand in stores) and you might not get your phone until July.

The long and short of it seems to be, if it says PROCESSING you're going to get the phone on launch day. If it has the BACKORDER flag, it MIGHT come on launch day (or the flag might clear between now and the 23rd) and if you have the ALERT, you're out of luck.

He also said there were thousands of duplicate orders - so right now a lot of the confusion comes from matching up the right capacity phone (16 or 32) to the right order. This is apparently being done by hand - so anything can happen to any order.

Hope this helps shed some light. Take it for what its worth .
    Last edited by bbrradd; 06-20-2010 at 05:41 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbrradd For This Useful Post:

BoostedEvoIX (06-20-2010), rubberneck (06-20-2010), rumcajs (06-20-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

Both of mine say "Shipped"

Guaranteed by 4:30pm on the 24th!
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrradd View Post
    someone else explained what in-progress and back ordered mean. If it says in progress and not back ordered than your phone has been assigned a s/n and will be shipped in the first batch.

Hopefully it helps some people, i am going crazy waiting for my phone and this information i found made me very happy

Explanation of the AT&T Order Status Screen

I posted this at the end of another thread last week - but I think it might be worth reposting here:

I spoke to an old college buddy last week. He works as an operational manager at the AT&T Wireless Central Distribution Center outside of Arlington, TX - and he said that this whole thing was (obviously) a nightmare and he was in the office for 48 straight hours.

He explained the vague terminology of the AT&T status system. Apparently there is no stock in the CDC right now, but Apple is (and has been) transmitting databases of S/N's in batches of 35,000 to AT&T. He said Apple is the only hardware vendor that operates this way prior to a launch. They wait until the last possible minute to hand the hardware over to AT&T in order to prevent early leaks.

When your status reads "PROCESSING" without the "BACKORDER" flag, it means that your order number has been married to an iPhone S/N, it will be shipped in the first batch, and you will likely receive it on the 24th.

If it does have the "BACKORDER" flag, it means that they received the order, and they anticipate enough stock for the 2nd or 3rd wave, but they have not paired your order number to the S/N of a phone (and this is changing day to day as they wade though the system) - so if it says BACKORDER now, it might not next week prior to the fulfillment launch.

If you have an ALERT flag (which looks like a red exclamation point) that's bad. It means that they oversold their anticipated stock (since automation went down several times they were processing some orders by hand in stores) and you might not get your phone until July.

The long and short of it seems to be, if it says PROCESSING you're going to get the phone on launch day. If it has the BACKORDER flag, it MIGHT come on launch day (or the flag might clear between now and the 23rd) and if you have the ALERT, you're out of luck.

He also said there were thousands of duplicate orders - so right now a lot of the confusion comes from matching up the right capacity phone (16 or 32) to the right order. This is apparently being done by hand - so anything can happen to any order.

Hope this helps shed some light. Take it for what its worth .
    awesome! This is great news, thanks for the info bud!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holycowe View Post
    Fedex will hold on all iPhone shipments 'til 24th. DO NOT try to change your delivery address!!! You might just delay yours or mess it all up

Both my orders are in transit now! Picked up yesterday from china and now they're in hongkong. Fedex working mucho overtime for the next few weeks
    I guess I might have to change things thanks to the fact that Apple switched from UPS to FedEx this year. Not sure if they got cheap or just weren't happy with the way UPS handled 3GS shipments. Last year when I pre-ordered 3GS it came via UPS Next Day Priority. According to UPS it was supposed to arrive by 8:30 AM but it got there at around 8:50 (no biggie).

I've received my shipping confirmation this morning, which of course stated that it is being shipped via FedEx, and when I clicked on the tracking number it said that delivery is scheduled for the 24th by 4:30 PM.

Although I am off on Thursday, I'll be in and out of the house during the day and could miss it. I know that when I am waiting for FedEx stuff they usually show up at around 1 PM, but I'm sure that they will be a lot busier on the 24th because of iPhones and might show up a lot later.

I guess when my iPhone reaches my loal hub, I will give FedEx a call to see if they could hold it there on the 24th instead of putting it on a truck, and if they are willing to do that, I will drive there early in the AM and pick it up myself.