Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Finally Adds Video Support for iPhone

Default Facebook Finally Adds Video Support for iPhone

After six months, many iPhone users will be pleased to know that the Facebook app has gotten an long awaited update: Video Support. If you head over to the App Store now, you'll see that Facebook has been updated to 3.1.3.

I mean really, it's great, but a little late there Facebook. Nonetheless, there are also some other updates to the app that make it a little less frustrating. Users now have the ability to access extended information on events such as walls, and the ability to upload photos that are 720px wide (in anticipation of iPhone 4 imagine), and of course bug fixes you couldn't even count if you tried.

However, that being said, there are still LOTS of things missing, and I think Facebook is really slacking off here. There is no iPad support in this update. What is up with that? No iOS 4 support for multitasking either. I miss when Joe was developing At least he kept us in the know.

New features in this version:
    - You can now watch Facebook videos.
    - You can now view and write on walls of events.
    - Uploaded photos are now 720px wide.

This version contains fixes for the following bugs:
    - Could not comment on photos accessed from Notifications
    - Could not upload photos smaller than a certain size
    - No more than 2 notifications were highlighted as unread
    - Status updates appeared out of order in News Feed
    - Broken photo album links in News Feed
    - Birthdays view had months in wrong order
    - Last section of friend list was incomplete if you had fewer than 8 friends
    - Notes with non-ASCII text were cut off at the end
    Go my Facebook Fiends, feast upon your update. LOL.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 06-18-2010 at 11:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (06-19-2010)

Finalllyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! The iphone is one more step closer to perfection!!!!!

they need ot make it to where u can change the size of the contacts pictures, then i wont need friendsync lol.

about time i thought they did this update months ago guess they were just talking about it back then

Thanks

More Plox

Yep I think they attention to programming for the app went way down since Joe left. He was very active with working on it and working with the ideas from everyone.

still needs a hella large amount of work. when i originally downloaded the app i thought it was some developer that was unaffiliated with Facebook and just wanted to make an app.

as much as we think there are plenty of missing features.. check out fb app for android.. they really ripped them off big time

Testing now over wifi...it's "trimming" the video even though it's only 40 sec. long?

...can't tag anyone in the video either.
    Last edited by Jstud8; 06-19-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yea i'm seeing graphical glitches on 4.0. the overlay shadows are all messed up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does not work for me, and ivideocamera never wants to upload videos for me on facebook, anyone know a good program?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

App still needs work. A fair amount of the fixed glitches are still glitches on my end. ESPN updated to iOS 4 and several others while this was happening. Also God Finger was finally released for the iPhone and not just the iPad

Can't get it to work, pleased to see they're working on it though.
    mod edit/link removed

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

there's still no POKE
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

awesome

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally! I've been posting a lot of fun edited fb videos ever since I got a new HD Camera. (Panasonic ZS7 rocks) I was always annoyed that many of my friends would never even see them since they live their life's via iPhone. (and are rarely at a full web browser) All fixed now

Edit: It's too bad you can't access your older videos. Looks like you can only play a video that floats by a recent wall post etc.
    Last edited by JazJon; 06-19-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Just to let you guys know I can view Facebook videos on safari. I think they updated it for iPad there

You've been able to poke for a while.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well Facebook for Android is waaay worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast