+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2: Want an iPhone 4? See You in August!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default O2: Want an iPhone 4? See You in August!

Apple's new iPhone 4 hasn't officially launched yet and already O2, a major British mobile carrier, says that those looking to purchase the updated Apple smartphone may have to wait until late summer to actually get their hands on one. In a public statement called “O2's response to iPhone stock shortage,” the carrier says that due to product constraints, iPhone 4 will initially be made available exclusively to current 02 customers.

So with existing clients given first priority, all others are essentially left out in the cold until supply catches up with demand. “iPhone stock will be extremely limited in the UK at launch," says O2, "and not everybody who wants one will be able to get one straight away." Nonetheless, even O2’s subscribers won't be able to purchase the iPhone 4 through the O2 online store until “at least the end of July.”

For all others... we'll see ya in August! That's the message many prospective iPhone 4 buyers are taking away from the British carrier's message this weekend. Even worse, if O2 is having this much trouble, imagine what other carriers in other nations will experience as the iPhone 4 comes closer to launch. Just today, Japan mobile firm Softbank stopped accepting iPhone preorders.

Analogous to how the international marketplace went crazy for the iPad's release, the iPhone 4 could make the tablet's arrival look minimal by comparison. And no matter which way you slice it, Apple is ill-prepared for the frenzy that began Tuesday in the US when iPhone 4 preorder sales were 10 times higher than the first day of preordering for the iPhone 3GS last year. On day one, Apple and AT&T took well over one-half million preorders for the iPhone 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i wonder if they're going to make 1 million sold before launch, that would beat the iPad by far

Edit: wow i'm first without even trying
    Last edited by Ray661; 06-18-2010 at 11:53 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dang...more people are switching over to AT&T.

Thanks

i am hoping and praying that the white iphone is available for preorders here in bc

adp
    Thanks

I guess everyone that got a pre-order in on the 15th here in the US better take care of your new phones. They'll probably go for around $1K in eBay (reading these news). The demand will be extremely high and thieves will thrive...I know I'll treat my 32GB like it was made of diamonds
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why sticking to O2 ??
    I am a new to Vodafone and i was able to pre-order a black iphone 4 easly thtough phone4u !
    i even put some money as a deposit...
    lucky me , lol

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

What END of July?!?! F*** you o2, for the last time!!!!
    On the other hand the White one will hopefully b available by then SWEET!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Im Proud Of My Country. We Rule The Technology industry, Not Japan or China! Now we are good at soccer too.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Im Proud Of My Country. We Rule The Technology industry, Not Japan or China! Now we are good at soccer too.
    You prat, the phone is made in China, from Chinese parts and labour it was only designed in America, as for the football, sorry soccer you have play 2 and drawn 2 against two average teams hows that good?

Oh and before anyone starts about England being good at football,get a grip their not going to win!
    I'm english and they have a snowballs chance if they cant even beat the yanks or score against Algeria !

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I guess everyone that got a pre-order in on the 15th here in the US better take care of your new phones. They'll probably go for around $1K in eBay (reading these news). The demand will be extremely high and thieves will thrive...I know I'll treat my 32GB like it was made of diamonds
    I'm suppose to be getting mine shipped to me on the 24th. Hopefully and I hate to say it, I hope no FedEx/UPS guy loses it if you know what I mean.

Also just want to say to those of you who will be camping out or going to the Apple Store, please watch your back. Remember the guy with the iPad and losing his fingers. I can only imagine this iPhone4 release is going to be worse so just keep your eyes open and keep your phone put up until you get home.

Thanks

If it comes by Fedex you'll get it. Not bashing UPS since I work for Fedex. We received news today our station alone will have 16,000 iPhone 4's to be delivered for Thusday and Friday. That doesn't include all the stores that will be getting the iPhones in day to two days earlier. It's going to be s made house. We were told today no will be off those two days no matter what. Aldo I'm glad I have mine ship to my station. So before I go on road I'll have mine in hand. Just remember if your not home leave a signed note and we will leave it only if it is in a safe location.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zbz999 View Post
    why sticking to O2 ??
    I am a new to Vodafone and i was able to pre-order a black iphone 4 easly thtough phone4u !
    i even put some money as a deposit...
    lucky me , lol
    Someone believes phones4u?

Strange!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wtf till August... I knew I should have pre ordered on Tuesday
    I want the iPhone 4 on launch day and I haven't pre ordered either!!! F*** you O2 for not releasing a payngo version
    "Worst iPhone release ever"

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

conficious, I must agree with you. The other place where you could have ordered an iphone 4 1 month ago with "garanteed" PRE RELEASE delivery was cc.cc.com
    These guys seem to have taken people for a ride over and over again. I actually emailed a guy from the site, "living in England and my store has over six years of experience" and he told me in MARCH that for $800.00 he would have an iphone 4 delivered to my house. He only had 1 in stock.
    I was born in the dark, but it wasn't last nite.
    unklbyl

Thanks

this is for the UK only?

Thanks

what's O2 ? please explain thanks
    wanna invites to lockerz you can get macbook air,itouch.ipods totally free send me a message with ur email address

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Wtf till August... I knew I should have pre ordered on Tuesday
    I want the iPhone 4 on launch day and I haven't pre ordered either!!! F*** you O2 for not releasing a payngo version
    "Worst iPhone release ever"
    Dont bother going to O2 store they havnt got a clue, if and when you get one get it from Apple, they have Pay as you go & Sim free, and if i was you i'd get the sim free then no more hacktivating and use across ALL networks woop woop !

Thanks

This is discussing O2 in the UK - where are you from? I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by gmpv View Post
    what's O2 ? please explain thanks
    O2 is the carrier that had the iPhone exclusive contract in the UK until last November.

We are a small, insignificant country so if you don't have any interest please ignore this thread and accept my apologies for imposing.
    Last edited by confucious; 06-18-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    What nationality is the lead designer behind the iPhone..?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Quads View Post
    What nationality is the lead designer behind the iPhone..?
    Ethiopian?