Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w 4.0 JB Now Available For Windows

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

bllew- what are you talking about? I hope your talking about JB apps because all official apps won't have to be updated for ios4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can I just confirm so I can give correct info if asked by friends who consult me on these things:

There is currently no JB solution for the 3GS running iOS4 on either Mac or PC?

No there is no unlock yet for 3GS running ios 4 but according to the dev team it's just "for now" so expect one soon hacktivation will also be available but only until the official ios 4 comes out June 21

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrinfame For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (06-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinfame View Post
    No there is no unlock yet for 3GS running ios 4 but according to the dev team it's just "for now" so expect one soon hacktivation will also be available but only until the official ios 4 comes out June 21
    There is an unlock, but only for 5.11.07 baseband. Can't vouch for anything beyond that since I stuck to 3.1.2 until now because impatience got the best of me and I had to try out iOS 4 GM.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Okay just reporting back on here but i used it and cydia works fine but it has no icon, lol, im not new to this and i did everything right...just a minor bug....oh and i did it on a ipod touch 2g...multitasking and wallpapers are enabled

EDIT: OH NEVER MIND AFTER YU UPDATE THE ESSENTIAL UPGRADES THE CYDIA ICON COMES BACK LOL...SO NO BUGS
    Last edited by scooby4; 06-17-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Jailbreaking the 4.0 software on a 3GS does not mean 4.0 on the iPhone 4 will b as easy. The 3GS made it harder to jailbreak. There is no doubt that apple will make it even harder with iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    This is good news, hopefully means iPhone 4 will be able to jailbreak right out of the box!!!! lol
    Unfortunately, it won't seeing as Apple has probably used an entirely different bootrom, and thus won't be jailbreakable right out of the box. In fact, it isn't, seeing as none of the devs has had one in their possession to jailbreak it - yet.

Thanks

@headcheese I was referring to the JB apps. I've only had a couple of issues with standard apps on iOS4 (Echofon crashing every time I try to update my timeline). According to the spreadsheet that people have posted on here a few times, there are quite a few JB apps that definitely shouldn't be used yet because of compatibility issues. Some of the more novice users on here might think, "Oh cool! iOS4 JB! I can use all of my old apps again!" only to find out that the start causing the phone to behave abnormally because they were impatient.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bllewisii View Post
    I just don't get why people (non-devs) are freaking out over the GM and wanting to jailbreak it so much, especially since iOS4 is officially being released on Monday. A bunch of the apps are still not fully compatible with iOS4. Why risk JBing your device for something that's not quite ready?

I'm not against jailbreaking. I plan on freeing my iPhone as soon as the Dev Team releases it.
    If you plan on freeing your iPhone, then you are one of us (those people) What you are going to do, wait till all the apps are compatible? Ok while you wait Im going to jailbreak mine and anjoy the new world of jailbreak
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

I meant for baseband 05.13.04

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    If you plan on freeing your iPhone, then you are one of us (those people) What you are going to do, wait till all the apps are compatible? Ok while you wait Im going to jailbreak mine and anjoy the new world of jailbreak
    The apps that I would use are not compatible right now, so, it's pointless for me to jailbreak at this time. Others can technically do what they want. Who am I to stop them? The point I was trying to get across was that people should exercise a little more patience instead of trying to jailbreak a device that has apps that aren't ready for mainstream yet.
    Who died and made you king?!

Game Center Username: bllewisii

Thanks

wow this is great !

Thanks

Is anyone else feeling the anxiety of waiting for their iphone 4 to arrive?

Counting down the days till mine comes in..Thursday can't get her soon enough

awesome...except for the fact that i just spent the night installing and downloading vmware and osx to use redsnow. oh well lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets hope the iphone 4 hardware is not much different then the ipad and they can jailbreak it soon. A 4.0 iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 dual release would be quite nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great! They've found a jailbreak that quick! Now let's really hope they find an unlock as quick as that jailbreak! Hasn't Geohot found out how to jailbreak & unlock 4.0 already?

Great release . but i'm giving it a pass ... waiting for 3gs support and release of public 4.0.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast