+ Reply
Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iPhonepocalypse just went to the next level. We just got a message from a reader who received an email from AT&T canceling his iPhone 4 pre-order. The customer had placed
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

iPhonepocalypse just went to the next level.

We just got a message from a reader who received an email from AT&T canceling his iPhone 4 pre-order. The customer had placed his order yesterday and received a confirmation number in email. However, today he got an auto-generated email from AT&T claiming that they were "unable to verify" his information "or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online." A call to AT&T confirmed that they are doing this to other customers.

The email reads as follows:

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

AT&T
    Haven't gotten a response from AT&T on a request for comment.

Kyle just told me he got the same email.

This is ugly and getting uglier by the minute.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-16-2010), reaves205 (06-16-2010), RyanOBrian (06-16-2010), sobeniceguy2 (06-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you know what is uglier. I got that email before i pre order the phone and it was less than a minute. I pre ordered the phone at 11:34am yesterday and I got a cancellation letter at 11:33am. I didnt bother calling them and i will pre order once they stop going crazy.

Thanks

Wow

Thanks

This is getting way out of hand. They shouldve been better prepared.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Micara57 For This Useful Post:

jca03 (06-16-2010)

Thanks

feelin bad for the ATT sales reps right now. They're gonna be catching all kinds of hell for this one....
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

I'm glad I didn't try to preorder. It's too much of a hassle. I'll let the furor die down, wait for the jailbreak/unlock, let them work out the bugs first.

Thanks

Ouch. I'm happy to wait for a white one end of summer after all the madness.

-Luke

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    This is getting way out of hand. They shouldve been better prepared.
    Agreed.
    I do not want to worry about receiving a cancellation email.
    Unfortunately AT&Ts best quality is making themselves look bad.
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

As much as that sucks for the individual ,att reps are going to get to hear about it and lose out on money since they make commission. But is it really atts fault they are service providers not iphone makers so apple i believe should be the one to blame not att for this one.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Prolly better to stand in line on 24th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    As much as that sucks for the individual ,att reps are going to get to hear about it and lose out on money since they make commission. But is it really atts fault they are service providers not iphone makers so apple i believe should be the one to blame not att for this one.
    It becomes their fault when they have servers crash, face glitch errors, and allow too many preorders. I fail to see how it would be Apple's fault that ATT didn't prepare enough and set some kind of number for how many preorders they would allow, and then blame Apple that AT&Ts website couldnt keep up with the interest.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderguy84 For This Useful Post:

MarkF_AC700 (06-16-2010), tigersball (06-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a story blown out of proportion by hyperbole. My friend had the exact same thing happen to him.

His first order went through, and his contract renewed, but he never got confirmation and the webpage timed out.

So he placed a second order. That order wound up being cancelled once the system caught up with itself and processed the first order.

He called AT&T and was told the first order went through, and received a confirmation number. The second order was cancelled.

Sheesh.

is it really atts fault they are service providers not iphone makers so apple i believe should be the one to blame not att for this one
    Yes, it is, because it was AT&T's system that was unprepared for the demand and went *** over elbows.

Thanks

Wow. Time to start looking at other outfits. I preordered mine at Best Buy today but they aren't guaranteeing the 24th. Radioshack said they aren't allowing preorders. Anyone know how Wal Mart's process is going to work day of?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am soooooo glad that i pre-ordered both of mine at like 12:15am tuesday morning (monday night) both went through flawlessly... although i was a little disappointed that the white one was unavailable... so i guess that was a flaw.... But i have a FAN account so that may account for some of it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I'm glad I didn't try to preorder. It's too much of a hassle. I'll let the furor die down, wait for the jailbreak/unlock, let them work out the bugs first.
    Seriously im about pushed over the top, ill probably just wait for the white release. Anybody know when thatll be?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    It becomes their fault when they have servers crash, face glitch errors, and allow too many preorders. I fail to see how it would be Apple's fault that ATT didn't prepare enough and set some kind of number for how many preorders they would allow, and then blame Apple that AT&Ts website couldnt keep up with the interest.
    Ok sorry just reread everything i got a little confused i guess on the story. But i do see how its att fault but i mean what server can hold that many people ordering at one time with in seconds of the sight going up. 600,000 iphones thats insane for he first day of preorder and i am sure a good percentage happened be for 10 am
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

I an email saying that they couldn't verify my info but to call back. When I called they said that my phone wouldn't ship until July 2nd so I told them to stuff it.

Going to my local AT&T store at 530-545 on 6/24

I an email saying that they couldn't verify my info but to call back. When I called they said that my phone wouldn't ship until July 2nd so I told them to stuff it.

Going to my local AT&T store at 530-545am on 6/24

Sorry for the errors/double post
    Last edited by headcheese; 06-16-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i was on at 12:15 am and there wasnt any available preorder

iPhone? More like MyPhone bluenwhitenikes's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine yesterday AM around 9:30 but by mistake ordered 2 iphones!! Rec'd email confirmation at 10am. Checked status update last nite and nothing changed so called customer serv. I was told that one of the orders is process and one can"t be found??? Woke up this morning to email stating that the one that was suppossed to be processed could not be done due to them not being able to verify payment!!! Checked the status of the one that couldnt be found and it was charged and processed??!!!!! WAT THE F**K!!!!
    I'll try every theme at least once!!!!