+ Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got the same email about cancellations on both my wife's, and my order. This is bullshiet AT&T! I guess thats the thanks I get for being a Cingular/AT&T customer
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I got the same email about cancellations on both my wife's, and my order. This is bullshiet AT&T!
    I guess thats the thanks I get for being a Cingular/AT&T customer for the last 10 years! A nice kick in the face!
    Last edited by luvmytj; 06-16-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I got the same email about cancellations on both my wife's, and my order. This is bullshiet AT&T!
    I guess thats the thanks I get for being a Cingular/AT&T customer for the last 10 years! A nice kick in the face!
    when/how did you order them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eurocivic View Post
    I went right to the apple store and had no problems at all. I ended reserving my wife one through the Apple store iphone app.
    I got turned away from the Apple store, and they told me to use my phone and the Apple Store app to preorder. Told them to shove it.

F'ing app won't even load.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I was able to get my order placed yesterday with Apple.com around 2:50pm cst

PDF the thank you screen with my order number and deliver on the 24th, checked my acct and have the pending code for the phone amount and also one for $1, they both are showing pending. I got the email later that night saying deliver on the 24th.

Checked my status on apple.com this morning and still showing the same. I'm guessing I'm good to go. I only tried three times so i guess i was lucky

I'm not going to try and change my ship to address to my work address. At this point I think to do so may cause problems.

I will say a few things though, those of you who are saying they already took the money, if it's pending it's not really sent to apple yet, it's just a hold and depending on how your bank works it may fall off in the next few days, but it still takes away from your available balance until then, later you'll see the pending go to a debit or a recharge and debit. That's why some people were saying to have more than the amount in your account just in case the pending hasn't fallen off when they charge you at ship time, the pending will eventually fall off but if you dont have enough at the time they charge, you'll get bumped or overdrafted

Not really to defend Apple or AT&T but if it had been Verizon or TMobile their system would more than likely have crashed also.

I've been reading and some people where using their laptop, ipad and desktop at the same time trying to get in to order. Now multiply that times who knows how many other people doing the same plus the avg user with one system and you're going to bring a web system to it's knees. It was almost like a legit DOS attack.
    Last edited by Daps; 06-16-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks

I also used the iphone app after numerous attempts online Tuesday morning and the app worked (thankfully)- I did notice my cc was charged as of this morning too... at first it was a $1.00 charge then the full Monty today (pending).

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

lol funny stuff, i got the same email lmao, but i went into an AT&T store and pre-ordered and also pre-ordered at apple to, just in case ;]
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

iPhone? More like MyPhone High_Voltage's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T makes Verizon look Awesome

What's Jailbreak? crazyarab1029's Avatar
    Thanks

i did the same thing and so far i got one email from them so when i get the phone are they going to cancel one item b.c when i go to see my chase account i see 2 pending items for $325.54 on my account
    Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    lol funny stuff, i got the same email lmao, but i went into an AT&T store and pre-ordered and also pre-ordered at apple to, just in case ;]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got a phone call today to confirm my order... but they said I wouldn't recieve my order on the 24th, but it would be shipped June 25th or July5. So I asked if I would recieve a confirmation atleast when it ships and of course they said no. I cannot believe they cannot at least get confirmations and tracking numbers sent out. I guess I should feel lucky my order wasn't cancelled completely.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure you'll get a tracking number when it ships.
    They probably thought you was wanting the tracking # at that moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLHardesty View Post
    I got a phone call today to confirm my order... but they said I wouldn't recieve my order on the 24th, but it would be shipped June 25th or July5. So I asked if I would recieve a confirmation atleast when it ships and of course they said no. I cannot believe they cannot at least get confirmations and tracking numbers sent out. I guess I should feel lucky my order wasn't cancelled completely.
    when did you order and what time?

Thanks

wow att stiffed us again!! first the data plan change and now our iphones gone.. thankfuly i got mines threw apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cancelled
    I successfully pre-ordered my iPhone 4 through AT&T yesterday at 10am PST, I received an email this morning stating that it was cancelled. But the order number on this email didn't match my confirmation email's number. I called AT&T and they told me that I must have hit submit twice (I didn't...) and that this order number was indeed cancelled, but the order number on my confirmation email was still in process and good to go. I was relieved, but remember this is AT&T...so 3 hours later I received another cancellation email, this time for the order number matching my confirmation email. I called AT&T again, and they indeed cancelled my order entirely. I asked why, and she couldn't give a good answer...she suggested I may have hit submit multiple times (I DID NOT!) or that the computer system automatically assumed since one was cancelled, the order should cancel too. She said that they have been dealing with many calls all day about this, so it is not an isolated issue. Either way, I am furious and will never go through AT&T for pre-ordering again. I try and like AT&T, but they make it impossible...

Thanks

Tank you apple for making
    sure i didn't recieve this letter as I ordered thru u apple
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

I Just Ordered My Black iPhone 4 Through Apple.I told myself i was gonna wait for the white one but then decided to try something new since i already have a white 3gs.so now instead of June 24, i have to wait till July 14!!! Back order sucks @$$!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    when did you order and what time?
    I oordered Tuesday about 11:00am... but it was under a business account. I placed an order for 7 iPhones in all.

Thanks

Default Yes definitely not the smoothest pre-order/reservation system!
    But really what did you expect? ...did you expect them to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on servers for something that was going to be over in a few days?

Yes, it could have been smoother but it could have been worse! Yes, they shouldn't of had to cancel any orders, but they did. I promise you they would rather you have that order than not! Something with your order appeared wrong or incomplete - seems many of them can be attributed to multiple orders for same line, credit card rejection, or incorrect data being input or received on there end. They want to sell you an iPhone, they can only benefit from it. The sold 600,000 in 24 hours (more like 12 hours, with all the time the systems were down)!!! This has never been done. They wish they could of had the stock to ship and sold millions I'm sure. This said, yes some of you did get screwed.

Just remember it's only 600,000 sold so far. Apple said they wanted to get up to producing 3,000,000 a month. They aren't there yet but they've been building them for at least 2 months plus now - I'd assume they have at least 5,000,000 total on hand for sales on the 24th for the countries it's being released in.

How could it of been worse?
    1) No pre-order or reservations
    2) You could live in a different country and not even have the option to get an iPhone on the 24th let alone the first few months it's available
    3) You could live in any country other than the United States and have to pay $750 for a 16GB or $960 for a 32 GB - which is the going rate everywhere else! Yes, it's AT&T that is saving you close to $600 bucks a phone with it subsidies.

Yes, we have to deal with AT&T and all it's faults, it's network issues, it's computer issues, etc. But I'm pretty sure any carrier with the these millions of iPhone users would have some pretty similar issues!

Yes, many of you will threaten to go to other carriers and a few of you will. I would actually like to see a lot of you go - means more bandwidth for me!!! There are some carriers that are definitely better in some regions of the United States. I know for me living here in the Dallas area for the last 5 years, with iPhone for 3 years now - I have had extremely few problems. I could count the number of dropped calls in five years on one hand, the rest can be attributed to a dead battery!

Just think only one more round of this fun! Next year will be the last year (year 4 of 5 of AT&T contract with Apple) of iPhone exclusivity to AT&T in the US. It could even end sooner. Then we can look forward to two years from know and everyone having the iPhone ...hopefully we won't have to pay $1000 for it then! ...that's like a years worth of cell service for you T-mobile people!

So there you have it, that's my vent.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bzpilot For This Useful Post:

godsrainbow1984 (06-16-2010), MarkF_AC700 (06-16-2010)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The problem was that Apple's site failed and therefore everyone ordered via AT&T and crashed their site
    I can't help myself from lmao!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

now AT&T is finally showing my status and my card was charged, bad news: shows that my phone is on back order.

strange news.
    i can go to apple.com and upgrade again and it shows the correct price, downside - i'd receive it july 14..
    oh and i still have one reserved at the apple store for the 24th release.. hmmm

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Yes in a time of war, terrorism and an overall massive financial collapse that's resulted in the most homeless and unemployed American's since the depression, waiting a couple of weeks for your new iThingy is far and away THE worst debacle.

Perspective people!
    Most Americans are just ignorant and don't care about those things. Look what happen in South Carolina! Those morons, 59% of them, voted for a guy that had no experience, no job, and when he talks you keep waiting for Jerry Springer to ask him the next question. I served my country for 16 years to protect these people?! ugh. I hope we get invaded one day and the invaders shove the iPhones right up our goatse holes. ugh.

Sorry for the rant.

Back on topic. I used the at&t website around 7:30AM yesterday and had no issues ordering one 32G iPhone 4. After reading all of the posts from people that had problems, or had their orders canceled for various reasons, I keep wondering why [they] weren't better prepared for this new device for Launch Day. Haven't they learned from past experience? (rhetorical) Do you think they canceled those second phones per line because they don't wanna see eBay flooded with iPhone 4's on Launch Day? That actually makes sense from a business perspective, but this "pre-order" fiasco makes at&t, Apple, and Best Buy look very JV and like rookies. Lets see what happens on the 24th. I don't think we've seen all the huge let-downs from these three companies.