+ Reply
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Holy crap did I get lucky.... I tried all day yesterday through AT&T and Apple and got timed out multiple times when I was a page or two away from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap did I get lucky....

I tried all day yesterday through AT&T and Apple and got timed out multiple times when I was a page or two away from confirming my payment. I tried again with Apple after work around 9:30pm last night. After a few tries I reached the page to submit my order. I clicked and crossed my fingers. After 5-10 minutes the URL at the top of the page changed to whatever it was with "thank you" or "order confirmed" at the top, but the rest of the page timed out. I tried refreshing the page and nothing. I didn't even get an email confirmation.

I woke up at 2am this morning with something telling me to try to pre-order. I checked my email first for laughs and there was an order confirmation sent at 11:51pm. I checked my bank account and the money had been sent to Apple.

I think I've seen places where starting today the pre-order arrival dates have been moved back. Mine shows as "delivery on June 24th".

Wow...thank you God. Saved by 9 minutes!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just got my confirmation email, placed my order at 4pm yesterday and just got the email now saying everything was all set

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    Holy crap did I get lucky....

I tried all day yesterday through AT&T and Apple and got timed out multiple times when I was a page or two away from confirming my payment. I tried again with Apple after work around 9:30pm last night. After a few tries I reached the page to submit my order. I clicked and crossed my fingers. After 5-10 minutes the URL at the top of the page changed to whatever it was with "thank you" or "order confirmed" at the top, but the rest of the page timed out. I tried refreshing the page and nothing. I didn't even get an email confirmation.

I woke up at 2am this morning with something telling me to try to pre-order. I checked my email first for laughs and there was an order confirmation sent at 11:51pm. I checked my bank account and the money had been sent to Apple.

I think I've seen places where starting today the pre-order arrival dates have been moved back. Mine shows as "delivery on June 24th".

Wow...thank you God. Saved by 9 minutes!
    Engadget reported that any pre-order thru AT&T after 430pm yesterday would not be delivered on the 24th. Dunno if that's truth or not, just sayin
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 06-16-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bagek View Post

I got an cancellation e-mail but I still have this. Anyone else get to this via ATT.com under "Check order status"??
    My looks just like yours, but for qty back-ordered I see 1's. I haven't got any cancellation emails. I have placed my order on the 15th @ 7 AM eastern time....

I do have a confirmation email, that says it should arrive at my door on the 24th.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still no confirmation email for me but it shows on the site my order is in as well as money taken out of account. Ordered at 3:00 am on 15th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TranceField View Post
    My looks just like yours, but for qty back-ordered I see 1's. I haven't got any cancellation emails. I have placed my order on the 15th @ 7 AM eastern time....

I do have a confirmation email, that says it should arrive at my door on the 24th.
    wow, that's not good. Don't see how that could be right though when I ordered at 6am and mine doesn't say backordered. Prolly gonna take a few days to sort all this out.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    wow, that's not good. Don't see how that could be right though when I ordered at 6am and mine doesn't say backordered. Prolly gonna take a few days to sort all this out.
    Maybe their whole system is just #%@& up.... nothing makes sense anymore... this could go down in history as the worst iPhone launch ever

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine at 10:15 est yesterday. Never got any email, but my order status showed up around 11:00pm last night. I checked my cc and sure enough, it shows a transaction for the phone.

Posted Transaction Type Amount Balance
    Pending AT T XXXX XXX XXXXX $323.67

Thanks

Maybe their whole system is just #%@& up.... nothing makes sense anymore... this could go down in history as the worst iPhone launch ever
    The Apple store only went live at 4am EST so there is no way those of us who ordered within the first few hours could possibly get bumped due to lack of inventory. Especially when Apple's site was FUBAR (at least for me) from 530-9am.

I saved my order confirmation page with the time on it so Ima raise hell if they try and cancel mine lol. Because I'm sure an irate customer is the last thing AT&T wants [/Sarcasm]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    today the lady from AT&T said i should get the phone between the 25th-28th, i placed my order at 4:08pm eastern time yesterday

Thanks

Did they charge your card?? Mine was charged already so if they charged yours, you're probably okay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Engadget reported that any pre-order thru AT&T after 430pm yesterday would not be delivered on the 24th. Dunno if that's truth or not, just sayin
    Through AT&T....got mine in through Apple

Thanks

I just received my order conformation. I had to go to a AT&T store to get my order through yesterday. Now I'm glad I did. I was going to just go on opening day and take my chances.

Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved. Today was the busiest sales day in our history. Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to ship devices to customers for delivery on the 24th. You do not need to take any action at this point.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.

Here are your order details:

iPhone Order Details:

Order Transaction Number: xxxxx

Shipping Zip Code: xxxxx

Item Name........................Item Number.......Quantity Ordered

Apple IPH 4 32GB BLK PHONE.......68096.............1

FREIGHT( Not sure what this is )...........88868.........1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Did they charge your card?? Mine was charged already so if they charged yours, you're probably okay.
    nope, I don't see a charge on the credit card... maybe I got screwed by AT&T as well... that would be weird because my confirmation email arrived in my email box 10 minutes after I have placed an order through AT&T site... and my order was placed @ 7 am....

Thanks

AT&T said on their order confirm page that delivery on the 24th is not guaranteed and could be delayed due to "product availability, inventory, credit issues, carrier delays, number porting etc."

Maybe the people who are getting these emails fall into the "credit issues" category. The upgrade page specifically said that the shipping and billing address MUST match or the order wouldn't be processed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    nope, I don't see a charge on the credit card... maybe I got screwed by AT&T as well... that would be weird because my confirmation email arrived in my email box 10 minutes after I have placed an order through AT&T site... and my order was placed @ 7 am....

it says that your cc wont get charged untill the product is shipped, but my cc got charged already and i see that others on here have been charged already

Thanks

That sucks. If I pre-ordered and received a cancellation email, I'd be pissed.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Who knows. I got no confirmation email but my card was charged within an hour and my order looks normal on the check order page.

I think we are gonna have to wait and see on all this. Apple/AT&T aren't gonna be able to sort all this out in a few hours. Prolly gonna take a few days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went right to the apple store and had no problems at all. I ended reserving my wife one also through the Apple store iphone app.
    Last edited by eurocivic; 06-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks

Now I'm all paranoid, I haven't got this email yet, so my Black i4 should still be coming on the 24th
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473